Kampmann - "I've been hurt a lot worse."

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5741.html

"I will have to go back and watch it, but I think I was fine. I've been hurt a lot worse. I think I was just fine... I mean, don't get me wrong, I fought a stupid fight. I was trading bombs with a guy that wants to trade bombs, but I think I should have been given the benefit of the doubt. I was worse off in my fight with McFedries."

"I don't know what's next, you know? But what can you do,"

ChokeEmOut -  He would have gone to sleep and that would not be good for his career not to mention have gotten him a much longer medical suspension.

Indeed. The ref saved him from further punishment as the outcome wouldn't have changed.

He would have been KTFO if they ref didn't save him.

I don't see how people can claim unequivocally that the outcome wouldn't have changed if the ref had given Kampmann more time before stopping the fight. Did none of you guys watch the Condit fight last week?

TheDigitalRuler - I don't see how people can claim unequivocally that the outcome wouldn't have changed if the ref had given Kampmann more time before stopping the fight. Did none of you guys watch the Condit fight last week?

Condit did shit, instead of standing there covering up and not trading back. Condit traded, or went for a takedown.

TheDigitalRuler - I don't see how people can claim unequivocally that the outcome wouldn't have changed if the ref had given Kampmann more time before stopping the fight. Did none of you guys watch the Condit fight last week?

I agree but I also think it was a good stoppage.

This is what happens when refs stop fights early guys
I guess y'all just don't have enuff foresight to see that

BOTH fighters are robbed

shame on Yves

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

You people need to fucking shut up!

That fight would NEVER have been stopped if it was a boxing match. WHY THE FUCK should it have been stopped as an MMA match?!?!?!?!?1

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING SHEEP LISTENING TO DOUCHEBAGS LIKE KIZER WHO ARE MAKING BELIEVE THEY DO THINGS FOR "FIGHTER SAFETY".

If that fight needed to be stopped for "fighter safety" then Nevada should NEVER again host a single BOXING match EVER!

he got his ass handed to him. simple as that

good stoppage imo

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
Haulport - FUCKING BULLSHIT!

You people need to fucking shut up!

That fight would NEVER have been stopped if it was a boxing match.

I've seen plenty of stoppages in boxing where one guy is just covering up in the corner, getting whaled on.  Same in kickboxing - Hoost/Sapp for example?  That said those type of stoppages are always shit, no matter what sport.
You know what I'm talking about and the Kmpmann fight is NOT an example of that. They often occur after knockdowns or multiple knockdowns and after many many rounds. NO fucking professional level boxing fight gets stopped that quickly after a guy gets flash stunned and is still standing. And it REALLY shouldn't be in MMA since the hurt fighter can always clinch and takedown and that's LEGAL in mma and not in boxing.

I agree with Kampmann. A rematch is in order.

Watching live I thought it was a good stoppage. In the replay, though, he seemed pretty clear-headed and -eyed when the ref stopped it, so I can see why he is not happy about it.

Kampmann couldn't stop Daley from hitting him, either by covering up or slipping punches. Therefore, he wasn't intelligently defending himself. Yves was well within reason to stop it.

I would have stopped it. but I can see both sides of the argument. It was agruable, and the ref made a judgement call, cannot blame him for that.

though, what the hell is up with kampmann, I hope he gets his shit together, He's a beast when he's on form, he just looked off.

Great start for Daley.

While I thought it was a good stoppage at first, there is no denying he was covering up in that GIF. The punches were just making his hands move but they kept coming right back to his face/ears.

It his own fault for being in that position(Kampmann). If
he wasn't rocked they couldn't of stopped it. He left it in the hands of the ref. When you leave things in the hands of the ref or judges you can't complain. At least he realizes
he fought a stupid fight and he played into Daleys only chance to win.

Bad stoppage imo.

Kampmann shouldn't have even tried to trade with Daley at all, his gameplan should have been to take him down from the very second that the fight started. He implemented a terrible gameplan and was unable to make the proper adjustment during the fight once he realized that he was getting totally outclassed in the stand up, which should have been expected.

If the fight was allowed to continue, Kampmann would have eaten another couple of vicious left hooks from Daley and probably would've gotten knocked down or KTFO. Each of Daley's last few punches landed flush and Kampmann was not showing any signs of fighting back.

Could Yves Lavigne have allowed the fight to keep going so that the fans could have seen a violent knockout? Sure, it probably wouldn't have been frowned upon if he had done so. I say probably because most MMA fans find ways to complain about anything.

But did he protect Kampmann, preventing him from becoming a victim of a violent KO and possibly serious injury? Absolutely.

Exactly many fighters have excellent recovery, u train for 8 weeks u want the chance to fight all the way thru.

Great chance he would of got finished but give him another few seconds at least IMO