Karate is making a comback HL vid

I think the point he was trying to make is - some people throw out Karate completely, and he uses a lil bit of everything. which is MMA.

He was just highlighting that some karate can work, which we all know.

just like some TKD can work. but anyone coming out with just one discipline is nuts and will get taken out mafia style. lol

I've fought a pure karate guy, he was pretty tough, but I got him in a leg lock, and he didn't know what to do. (real fight)

either way, karate's pretty cool. just not everything can be applied for self defense.

a lot of it is tournament stuff, imo.

~5150

an ugly version of ippon seoi nage imo (@ 1:13). but ugly also works. it doesn't need to be pretty to work.

let's see, he mixes the punches and foot kicks of karate, with the knees/elbows/shin kicks of muay thai, the throws of judo and the ground work of bjj... i guess you'd call his style MMA, huh?

this isn't ufc 1, 2, 3 anymore. now THAT was when people were trying to represent a particular style. step outside the techs of your style and now you're mixing.

There are numerous guys now and always have been who have karate backgrounds in MMA.

Much the striking in shootboxing, shooto and strikers in japan are karate related. Many guys in K1 have karate backgrounds.....

If you ain't got linear kicks and karate punches ... you ain't got shit.

ttt

Karate punch?

Does anybody know the differences between todays karate and traditional karate?

Cash money.

Looked like textbook BJJ striking to me...

i think it's pronounced ka-ra-tay

its cool to see some TMA moves work in the ring/cage. There's plenty of TMA moves that work if trained alive, and with basically everybody being familiar with BJJ and MT, you will begin to see people try to learn some of the effective TMA moves in order to gain an advantage.

Date: 04/07/07 01:12 PM Member Since: 08/06/2003
35 Total Posts Ignore User

i think it's pronounced ka-ra-tay

-=-=-=

KROTTY imho

Karte work in MMA is real but of course with some things more example Judo, Muay Thai and BJJ.
Lyoto Machida do very very well hsi father was the father os Shotokan Karate in Brazil.

Who's gonna watch Henry karate punch this dude at Cage Fury this
weekend?

Henry is in action Friday at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Don't you people ever get tired of arguing over stupid shit like this?

I can't believe that first punch he threw.

Which one, the Tang Soo do punch or the Silat punch?

The traditional punch from the waist while in a low forward stance punch.

That reverse punch and the judo throw were awesome.. I would love to have this guy on a RING OF FIRE.

ttt for

K to the A to the R to the A to the T to the E

Ring of Fire, shoot me an e-mail and we can set something up.

bombsquadmma@yahoo.com