Kareem to the Grizzlies?

Legendary NBA center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar sat in on the Grizzlies' practice Monday morning. Sources tell The Commercial-Appeal that Abdul-Jabbar will entertain joining the organization.

The Grizzlies asked for and received permission from the Los Angeles Lakers to speak with Abdul-Jabbar. He is still under contract with the Lakers after having tutored Andrew Bynum over the past several seasons, however he is no longer helping the Lakers center and now has a reduced role with the Lakers.

*** Probably one of the best moves Memphis has ever attempted lol

Why the hell aren't the Lakers using him O_o

good move for Kareem.

Bynum already knows it all, apparently.

Yeah the Grizzlies tried give LA Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo for Kareem. As much as the NBA wanted the deal to go through, they thought it would be a bit too much of a thinley veiled attempt to get the Lakers a repeat title (even by their standards).

MadDog243 - Yeah the Grizzlies tried give LA Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo for Kareem. As much as the NBA wanted the deal to go through, they thought it would be a bit too much of a thinley veiled attempt to get the Lakers a repeat title (even by their standards).

Suns will miss the playoffs, enjoy your season.

I will enjoy it, thanks. Can't be any worse than last year, and at least they are going back to a style that is fun to watch. May even surprise some people.

It would be nice to be able to buy championships like the Lakers (or at least try to like the Knicks) but unfortunately the ownership of my team seems to have the opposite plan in mind.

Steve Kerr has your best interests at heart, don't worry. I'm sure he'll do right by you.

Bwahahaha!