Karim Zidan's Renzo Gracie article

There are things one could fairly criticize Renzo about. He's the first to admit his temper and his "hit first, make up after" approach, as well as his devotion to his friendship with their President.

But being racist or hating anyone because of their religion, nationality, race, or sexual orientation is not something anyone of us who knows him as ever seen him do, and it's actually hard to imagine him not treating anyone he meets like they are the most important person in the room at the time. 

2 Likes
BJ Penn Forever -

The guy Zidan that wrote that article has a far left bias baked into a lot of the stuff he writes.

"Bolsonaro has expressed an affinity for military dictatorships, advocated for a hard-line approach to dealing with criminals, including giving the police a “carte blanche to kill,” and opposes same-sex marriage, abortion, and affirmative action."

Carte blanche to kill is not good but a hard-line dealing with crime is better than what is going on in places like NYC right now.

Opposing aborition is just opposing the murder of babies to a lot of people, don't see how that makes anyone some evil fascist. I oppose abortion.

Affirmitve action is racist and sexist.

"is better than what is going on in places like NYC right now."

Are you posting from 1990?

Crime in NYC the past few years has been the lowest that it's been since the 1950s, and this was after the federal courts ruled stop-and-frisk unconstitutional. It's one of the safest major cities in the world at present.

Even with the recent spike in the murder rate in early 2020 that the NYPD unions have been screaming about to stop any reforms, crime is still much lower relative to recent decades.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/pr0106/overall-crime-new-york-city-hits-record-low-2019

Bolsonaro and his sons have been involved with paramilitary death squads that went around murdering random poor people. I know that shit is fucked up in the favelas and some of the gangs down there are totally out of control, but this type of response is insane.

https://brazilian.report/power/2019/01/23/flavio-bolsonaro-death-squad/

Kirik -

Renzo is an awesome dude. He's a like cultural ambassador for the current president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, who is pretty right wing, but that's who the people of Brazil elected. I have actually talked politics a little with Renzo, and he did not strike me as right wing politically at all. As I understand it, but not from him, his father suffered horribly under the pre-democracy military regime.

Bolsonaro only got elected because the guy who would become his justice minister railroaded Lula on bullshit corruption charges.

The article is accurate. Renzo has an overexaggerated “nice guy” persona, but really isn’t a guy to be liked. Him and all his brothers are various shades of bully and violent.

HotSteppa - The article is accurate. Renzo has an overexaggerated "nice guy" persona, but really isn't a guy to be liked. Him and all his brothers are various shades of bully and violent.

coming from a TLI rep  

I sincerely hope this attack backfires on bloody elbow. 

I will never visit their site again. 

1 Like