Karo turns down 6 Fight Deal w/ SF...UFC Return?

I was just watching the MMA Hour when Overeem was on. Someone came on the phone, The Garv i think, and started asking Overeem about Parysian. Apparently he heard that Karo said that SF was very unprofessional and turned down a 2 year, 6 fight, $1,000,000 contract because he heard that Dana is going to let Karo back in the UFC after the tune-up fight he has coming up. Any truth to any of this?

Does Overeem know who Karo is, bro?? ;)

LOL @ Strikeforce having a $1 million contract AND offering it to Karo.

I find it impossible to believe Strikeforce would pay Karo Parisyan $170k per fight.

Karo has upgraded from pain killers to hallucinogens.

LOL@Karo being offered that AND turning it down

epwar - LOL @ Strikeforce having a $1 million contract AND offering it to Karo.

THIS lol.

Come on, a million to Karo?

Parsnippian

Since when is a radio show random caller dude a reliable news source?

I heard it too and just chalked it up to a Karo nut-hugger getting his 15 seconds.

I seriously doubt Dana would give him another shot after jerking his chain multiple times, particularly after only 1 tune-up fight to prove his worth. Guessing it would be a much tougher road back for Karo than that.

I also doubt he would get a 6 fight contract for that kind of money when lately he hasn't demonstrated he can show up clean for 1 fight. Plus any new contract for him would have to contain provisions galore.

Good luck to Karo but that was a pipe dream.

I wouldn't consider The Garv a random caller. He actually has inside info at times.

I'm very iffy on this also, but Dana has gone back on his word on multiple occasions. I'd love to see a healthy Karo that actually trains back in the octagon. He was always one of my favorite fighters to watch.

i'm calling shenanigans.

hahahahaa....

Karo turned down a cool mil to fight in ufc 1x and being released after because of a loss..?

u sure u dident hear affliction is back and they offered that

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/17/parisyan-bustamante-sokoudjou-kang-more-ufc-vets-headed-to-i/

Karo Parisyan... ...have been confirmed by the promoters with opponents for Impact FC's upcoming cards in Australia on July 10 and July 18.

Karo "dilaudid" Parisyan

submitbytyping - http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/17/parisyan-bustamante-sokoudjou-kang-more-ufc-vets-headed-to-i/

Karo Parisyan... ...have been confirmed by the promoters with opponents for Impact FC's upcoming cards in Australia on July 10 and July 18.

With the prices they are charging for tickets that event is not going to happen

No one in their right mind would give Karo that kind of money. He's too big of a flight risk.

Quote from Dana White - 12:18 PM Nov 19th, 2009

"Karo Parisyan has fucked over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!"

crazydave - 
submitbytyping - http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/17/parisyan-bustamante-sokoudjou-kang-more-ufc-vets-headed-to-i/

With the prices they are charging for tickets that event is not going to happen

how much do they cost?