KASAI Pro

Anyone else watching this? Where the fuck do they find Purple Belts this good? Those kids are Black belts in MANY school. Sandbagging here or what?

Oh and why is it so much for FLo to give a fucking replay?!?!?

no... Lincoln Perreira up yet?

Meatgrinder -

He won by 2. Close match!

Judge Mental -

Anyone else watching this? Where the fuck do they find Purple Belts this good? Those kids are Black belts in MANY school. Sandbagging here or what?

Oh and why is it so much for FLo to give a fucking replay?!?!?

Juny from Unity, nasty. There is a kid from MGs named Mathuis hes an absolute monster as well

sorry guys it was hard to watch all those draws

yea too many draws and no fucking replays…there was like 6 different events going on tonight i couldnt keep glued to one screen

the guy who won it is tough, its the first time id ever seen him

What was up with that absolute fuckery of Craig Jones by the referee?

Does anyone have the full results match-by-match?  Who won the tournament?

The Diet Butcher - 

Gordon beat Simoes with 18 seconds left on the clock via RNC across his face.

some kid i never heard of RENaTO CANUTO won the whole thing. These youngins are just scary good.

Grippo beat Tonon via points

Craig Jones got fucked by a ref somewhere in there.

thats all i recall.not many subs unfortunately

The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -

Thanks! Yeah I saw his fb post this morning.

Interesting the Grippo beat Tonon. That's sure to heat that MG/DDS rivalry up a bit (hopefull w/better sportsmanship than last time around)

found the results although its tough to follow...

https://mymmanews.com/kasai-pro-results/

ttt

Judge Mental - 
The Diet Butcher - 

Gordon beat Simoes with 18 seconds left on the clock via RNC across his face.

some kid i never heard of RENaTO CANUTO won the whole thing. These youngins are just scary good.

Grippo beat Tonon via points

Craig Jones got fucked by a ref somewhere in there.

thats all i recall.not many subs unfortunately

You have never heard of Renato Canuto?

Guy has been on a absolute fucking tear.

God damn animal!

Meatgrinder -
The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -

Interesting the Grippo beat Tonon. That's sure to heat that MG/DDS rivalry up a bit (hopefull w/better sportsmanship than last time around)

Are you friends with Lincoln? Some stuff he posts on IG is hilarious

The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -
The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -

Are you friends with Lincoln? Some stuff he posts on IG is hilarious

Not outside of bjj... we've trained with each other a couple times. If we're at the same comp, we'll hang out and wish each other does well and generally root for each other in competition. I'm not a fan of showboating style and god as your driver, but he's worked his ass off and he's a genuine good guy.

carcaju - What was up with that absolute fuckery of Craig Jones by the referee?

I can't agree with this. I'm biased being friends with Murilo but what Craig did was absolute bullshit. How can you complain to the ref about your opponent stalling just because he is trying to pass and not letting you get under him and on his legs, and then when you get up on points, burn two minutes off the clock by non stop fleeing and disengaging? Craigs absolutely deserved to be penalized for the horse shit he tried to pull. He is lucky that the stalling rules in jiu jitsu are so lax, because he should have been DQed for both his actions, and being a giant hypocrite.

Also, if you haven't heard of Renato Canuto, I suggest you get on Flo and start looking for his matches immediately. He is THE most dynamic lightweight black belt fighter currently, with one of the most well roudned games. He fights from the top, and the bottom. Goes for takedowns, flying submissions and pulls. Just scraps at a high pace non stop.

kennyfrommd -
carcaju - What was up with that absolute fuckery of Craig Jones by the referee?

I can't agree with this. I'm biased being friends with Murilo but what Craig did was absolute bullshit. How can you complain to the ref about your opponent stalling just because he is trying to pass and not letting you get under him and on his legs, and then when you get up on points, burn two minutes off the clock by non stop fleeing and disengaging? Craigs absolutely deserved to be penalized for the horse shit he tried to pull. He is lucky that the stalling rules in jiu jitsu are so lax, because he should have been DQed for both his actions, and being a giant hypocrite.

Agreed. In a real IBJJF tournament he would’ve been DQ’d much earlier. Even the elite competitors do not attempt to engage with the referee during their matches and I lost count of how many times Craig did. 

Meatgrinder -
The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -

That was due to Garry not giving a shit if he lost by points or not. He went for legs constantly and have up points doing to. He did the same thing with Vagner Rocha.
Animal Mother - 
Meatgrinder -
The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -

That was due to Garry not giving a shit if he lost by points or not. He went for legs constantly and have up points doing to. He did the same thing with Vagner Rocha.

were his opponents "brendan schaub-ing" or were they engaged and just doing a good job defending and getting position? Just wondering if the comp is now reasonably caught up in the leg game to at least defend it, negate it and keep the match focused on other positions?

Meatgrinder -
Animal Mother - 
Meatgrinder -
The Closed Guard - 
Meatgrinder -

were his opponents "brendan schaub-ing" or were they engaged and just doing a good job defending and getting position? Just wondering if the comp is now reasonably caught up in the leg game to at least defend it, negate it and keep the match focused on other positions?

Engaged. Grippo was trying to win