Kaufman; No Way Ronda Has Earned a Title Shot

MMAprime.tv spoke with Former StrikeForce 135lbs Female Champion and current #1 contender to face Miesha Tate for the 135lbs title, Sarah Kaufman. Kaufman is a Canadian born fighter with a record of 14 wins and only 1 defeat during her Mixed Martial Arts career, which came at the hands of former Champion Marloes Coenen. Kaufman already defeated Miesha Tate once in StrikeForce, but it was not a title fight. Now that Miesha has the title and Kaufman is the #1 contender, they are once again on a direct collision course. Sarah talks about when the fight could possibly happen and how they match up this time around. Sarah also comments on Ronda Rousey recently announcing that she will move down to the 135lbs division and would like a title shot. Kaufman comments on Rousey and believes that she has in no way earned a title shot or a chance to be the number 1 contender just yet. Kaufman also discusses the state of female mixed martial arts and what will happen to female mixed martial arts if StrikeForce closes down. Lastly, Kaufman agrees to a rematch with Aaron Tru, having bested him in a controversial locker room fight after her bout with Marloes Coenen.

What do you call a dicktuck for women?

A flange fold? Phone Post

Only seen her fight against Coenen and never will be a fan after her attempt at wall n stall.  So happy Coenen won that fight that evening.

Pork Sword - I knew she would lip tuck Rousey.
Speaking of lip tucking, can you please tell me why Ronda is lip tucking when it comes to Cyborg? It's not okay when anybody else does it except for Ronda?

It's a bad career move to let Rhonda Rousey rip your arm off, I'd Dick tuck too. Phone Post

Fucking phone Ronda** Phone Post

Man I would LOVE to see Ronda beat the fuck out of Kaufman. Never liked her.

Floppy Divac -  Only seen her fight against Coenen and never will be a fan after her attempt at wall n stall.  So happy Coenen won that fight that evening.

she's right.

Armbar within 1 minute!

Trojan Rubber Guard -  Fucking phone Ronda** Phone Post

she was too busy doing inside mma.  plus to be honest, ronda is the best at arm bars, but she hasnt been in a "fight" so to speak, or a real back and forth battle or been tested.  She has no doub,t absolutely destroyed everyone she has faced, but she hasn;t faced anyone who was really a "contender" to prevail herself. 

and sarah is by no means tucking against ronda, she just dones't want to give up her title shot.  how is it ducking, to say I am number 1 contender, i am next in line for the title..so no i am not fighting someone other than the champion.  that isn't a tuck, that is being smart and realistic.

I love Honda Housey as much as the next fight fan and guy for that matter, but who has she faught, compared to kaufman?

Win 4-0 Canada Julia Budd Submission (Armbar) Strikeforce Challengers: Britt vs. Sayers November 18, 2011 1 0:39 United States Las Vegas, Nevada  
Win 3-0 United States Sarah D'Alelio Technical submission (Armbar) Strikeforce Challengers: Gurgel vs. Duarte August 12, 2011 1 0:25 United States Las Vegas, Nevada  
Win 2-0 United States Charmaine Tweet Submission (Armbar) HKFC: School of Hard Knocks 12 June 17, 2011 1 0:49 Canada Calgary, Alberta 150 lb catchweight bout.
Win 1-0 Brazil Ediane Gomes

IMO, Kaufman is a good fighter and isn't scared of anyone. She's also a legit, cool person. People just hate for the sake of hating. Phone Post

Radio Raheem - IMO, Kaufman is a good fighter and isn't scared of anyone. She's also a legit, cool person. People just hate for the sake of hating.

Exactly. And Sarah is right. Ronda is still new to the sport and at this point in her career isn't a title contender at 135 lbs.

Sarah already has a win over Meisha and is the #1 contender for the strikeforce belt. Ronda is getting a lot of hype here but her MMA resume doesn't compare to Sarah's.

All it takes is one dummy on the UG to use a term like 'tuck' and all the sheep will follow. Nice to see in tha past few posts this thread has taken a turn towards common sense.

Tru bringing us the interviews we want to hear, as always!

That said, good on Kaufman for wanting/trying to hang onto her spot. Can't fault her in any way. Only problem is, professional fighting isn't a true meritocracy, decided by who deserves/has earned the right to fight _____ person at ____ time. It's about marketability and match ups people want see/are willing to pay for, and at this point, Rousey has growing momentum to be able to jump ahead of someone like Kaufman and fight the exciting fights that will draw buys/$$$. Sucks for Kaufman, but that's the way it works sometimes.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind seeing Rousey-Kaufman next. Would be a fun fight.

TTT

She isn't tucking or dodging. She's already beaten the current champion and she wants to keep her fucking place in line. That's completely reasonable.

It doesn't even matter if she can beat Ronda or not. She's "first in line" and she doesn't have to change course to support another fighter's dream.

With that said, I really like Ronda and I would actually prefer that she NOT move down in weight. I truly think she may be viewing the lower weight class as a "tune up" situation before she fights Cyborg.

Authority Figure - I truly think [Ronda] may be viewing the lower weight class as a "tune up" situation before she fights Cyborg.

When you put it that way, I can see how the Bantamweight girls feel disrespected or that Ronda's arrogant. Despite Ronda's inexperience, it's apparent she truly believes she can just jump to the weight class and clear it out, taking the 135lb title with her. But, in Ronda's defense, there's a lot of guys who have talked like this and not gotten heat- not that any of them have really been successful at it (Brandon Vera comes to mind, as well as Jon Jones, though I don't think he said it himself).

MMA KnowNothing - She deserves everything and more. Sounds like someones a clit-tucker.

Clit tucker hahaha. That's great. Phone Post