Kaufman weighs in on TUF's coaches

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/24/5026334/ufc-sarah-kaufman-discusses-scoring-reclaiming-losses-tuf-18-ronda-rousey-jessica-eye

"I think that Miesha has come off very well for herself. This is not a slight to her, but I don't think she always comes off as the most sophisticated or professional person at times. She will retort and make statements without thinking about them, but here, I think that she's played it smart".

"Ronda is very emotional and she does kind of have that bratty edge to her, where she says what she thinks all the time and seemingly takes offense to a lot of things. She's not coming off very professionally. She's coming off as a very young, almost teenaged girl, where she's actually 26 years old".

"I know that a lot of pressure is being put on Ronda to live up to all the hype, and so far, I think that she's done it quite gracefully, but we're starting to see a little bit more of who she is as a person, and I think that it's not coming across as well as it could, for sure. She definitely has a lot of atitude".

"As a coach, you're going to have people win and you're going to have people lose, and I don't think giving someone the finger or the cold shoulder or stomping out in front of them is the right way to deal with it. As the representation of the head of a team, you don't want your team members thinking that is good sportsmanship".

"In a situation like that, even though there's cameras all around, you have to be aware of what you're giving off, and it is your image. I'm not saying to make it into something that you're not, but there are certain things that I would never say outside of a close circle of friends. Some of those things, I do feel are quite juvenile. You're a coach and a title holder in the UFC. You need to grow up a little bit and pull up your socks; represent yourself however you want, but also so that people watching can respect you as a human being".

JustAnotherMMAFan - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/24/5026334/ufc-sarah-kaufman-discusses-scoring-reclaiming-losses-tuf-18-ronda-rousey-jessica-eye

"I think that Miesha has come off very well for herself. This is not a slight to her, but I don't think she always comes off as the most sophisticated or professional person at times. She will retort and make statements without thinking about them, but here, I think that she's played it smart".

"Ronda is very emotional and she does kind of have that bratty edge to her, where she says what she thinks all the time and seemingly takes offense to a lot of things. She's not coming off very professionally. She's coming off as a very young, almost teenaged girl, where she's actually 26 years old".

"I know that a lot of pressure is being put on Ronda to live up to all the hype, and so far, I think that she's done it quite gracefully, but we're starting to see a little bit more of who she is as a person, and I think that it's not coming across as well as it could, for sure. She definitely has a lot of atitude".

"As a coach, you're going to have people win and you're going to have people lose, and I don't think giving someone the finger or the cold shoulder or stomping out in front of them is the right way to deal with it. As the representation of the head of a team, you don't want your team members thinking that is good sportsmanship".

"In a situation like that, even though there's cameras all around, you have to be aware of what you're giving off, and it is your image. I'm not saying to make it into something that you're not, but there are certain things that I would never say outside of a close circle of friends. Some of those things, I do feel are quite juvenile. You're a coach and a title holder in the UFC. You need to grow up a little bit and pull up your socks; represent yourself however you want, but also so that people watching can respect you as a human being".

Ronda: YOU need you learn how to defense the armbar Phone Post

*defend Phone Post

This the first time, perhaps ever, that the word "gracefully" and Ronda have been used in the same sentence.

sarah is great

robbed so badly last fight

Well said, Sarah. My thoughts exactly. Phone Post

She is 100% right here. It isn't about keeping it real or not wanting to act fake. There is a certain level of professionalism that she should carry herself with and so far we haven't seen it.

ttt

and these judges need to take there heads out of there asses,
she won that last fight.

it's just sad that the first ever season focused on WMMA is making headlines for all the coach on coach drama as opposed to the quality of the fighters.

Both coaches have been a huge disappointment...neither one really doing much to promote the sport as a whole, or the success of WMMA as something bigger than themselves.

Chael knows when to mouth off and when to let others shine...wish these women did too.

ManWithTheIronFists - Agree with everything Sarah said here.

. Phone Post

I would like to think and hope that the rest of the season will showcase the fights more than the drama...so far I've only watched the female fights, but they have been great entertainment!

Sarah Kaufman and Marloes Coenen should be the face of WMMA until everyone starts acting civil again

Sarah Kaufman - 

I would like to think and hope that the rest of the season will showcase the fights more than the drama...so far I've only watched the female fights, but they have been great entertainment!

VU for joining Sarah!

I'm still on the Ronda bandwagon - sort of - because of how she handles things inside the cage, but the Hallman face off... let's just say I have a hard time letting that go and chalking that stuff up to fake tv drama editing.

It's like Hughes on TUF and the "I am the queen" thing. Unless it's CGI fake, it happened. And it is what it is.

I'll keep paying for Ronda's PPVs which I didn't in the Gina C era of WMMA on TV, but I can't see how anyone could disagree with SK's take on this really.

No matter what anybody says, Rhonda can can take comfort in knowing that she took their arm in combat.

I stopped watching after 3 episodes. Bunch of nonsense. Phone Post 3.0

+1 for "pull up your socks"

Is it just me, or is Sarah insinuating Meisha's persona on TUF is great but fake?

(Sarah, please feel free to chime in...)

Vaginal Tear - No matter what anybody says, Rhonda can can take comfort in knowing that she took their arm in combat.

I stopped watching after 3 episodes. Bunch of nonsense. Phone Post 3.0
And I don't mean that as a dig at Sarah. I just mean that no matter what is said, Rhonda has been flawless in her career.

Everything else aside that is what counts most. Phone Post 3.0

every UFC champion should be a Canadian.

Hey, Sarah, I hate to see two fighters I really like to fight (such as you and Marloes, and you and Eye). I always get mixed feelings. You are always very articulate, and, like Marloes, a great ambassador for the sport.

As to your last fight, I know I am minority here, but I gave rounds 1 and 2 to Eye, just barely. I gave round 2 to her based on damage, and I think she also controlled the clinch for the most part, but it was very, very close.

I do agree that a judge scoring round 3 to her was completely crazy.

I am sure that you will be a title contender in a couple of fights... and I hope you get to punch Ronda in the face, as promised the first time.

Cheers!

dana "miesha, don't play pranks on count chocula and acting like 5 year olds"

dana "hey, ronda, how about you stop giving fingers and mean mugging all the time--oh that's the spot. now what was i saying?"

:P