Keenan: Rickson and Helio = tough purple belt

https://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/keenan-cornelius-on-helio-rickson-gracie-their-level-was-probably-tough-purple-belt/

i can see helio but Rickson as well?  So would Rickson Lose to top purple belts today like Tainan Dalpra for example? 

Keenan is a social fucking retard that is nothing without the rapist. Fuck him and his hiring ass bjj style.

1 Like
bluebelt4ever -

Keenan is a social fucking retard that is nothing without the rapist. Fuck him and his hiring ass bjj style.

He's also a world champion. He was with Atos for a long time under Galvao.  Wtf do you mean ?

disrespectful and dumb

CRE - disrespectful and dumb

I mean Rickson only has gym stories.  He hasn't looked as impressive in a real bjj tournament.  

Tainan dalpra > Rickson

Gohan blanco - 

https://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/keenan-cornelius-on-helio-rickson-gracie-their-level-was-probably-tough-purple-belt/

i can see helio but Rickson as well?  So would Rickson Lose to top purple belts today like Tainan Dalpra for example? 

Don’t know Keenan but he seems seriously delusional. Perhaps he’s been slammed on his head once too many times… To say that Helio and Rickson were only at purple belt level is LAUGHABLE!!! Tell that to the multiple world champs that Rickson schooled even after his competition days… Saulo Ribero, Ricardo Arona, Fabio Gurgel… these guys were the top dogs… Guess they were purple belt level as well??

1 Like

Rickson schools purples... But black belts not so much. Games evolved. I know we all want to think of Rickson as the "mythical little Chinese kung fu expert" but the reality is, because of his age and the evolution of the sport, he doesn't stand much of a chance against top level black belts.

4 Likes

Whilst the sport has undoubtedly evolved. Prime Rickson subs prime Keenan any day of the week. 

Roger gracie submitted buchecha who is arguably top of the sport jiu jitsu tree fairly recently and he is an exponent of the traditional bjj style. 

5 Likes

1 Like
TheRoguewrestler - Rickson schools purples... But black belts not so much. Games evolved. I know we all want to think of Rickson as the "mythical little Chinese kung fu expert" but the reality is, because of his age and the evolution of the sport, he doesn't stand much of a chance against top level black belts.

The game has changed that much in the last 15 years since World Champions rolled with him and were humbled? I’m pretty sure Roger Gracie used the same blue belt fundamentals and schools everyone if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

The evolution of bjj has been mostly in the sport sense. That constant rolling into leg entanglement stuff is great on a mat and with no striking allowed but very few people can make it work in an mma or self-defense scenario. 

Rickson fought no weight classes back when everybody was just kind of hoping their style was the best because there wasn't much data to support anybodies claim. That's a blackbelt.

It's pretty absurd to assume that Rickson wouldnt be able to hang today when his son uses his same style and butt rapes all kinds of top level rubber guarding, imanari rolling, 50/50 diving grapplers. 

10 Likes
WrestlingSucks - 

The evolution of bjj has been mostly in the sport sense. That constant rolling into leg entanglement stuff is great on a mat and with no striking allowed but very few people can make it work in an mma or self-defense scenario. 

Rickson fought no weight classes back when everybody was just kind of hoping their style was the best because there wasn't much data to support anybodies claim. That's a blackbelt.

It's pretty absurd to assume that Rickson wouldnt be able to hang today when his son uses his same style and butt rapes all kinds of top level rubber guarding, imanari rolling, 50/50 diving grapplers. 

This 100%.

Jiu jitsu for fighting vs jiu jitsu for jiu jitsu tournaments. Are these purple belts Keenan wants to match him with pajama wrestling him or fighting him? 

So much talk about hicky but what is the best footage to watch to get a real appreciation of his god like prowess that everyone chats about? 

Gohan blanco -
bluebelt4ever -

He's also a world champion. He was with Atos for a long time under Galvao.  Wtf do you mean ?

he trained and started winning under someone else. 

1 Like
Woodster -

So much talk about hicky but what is the best footage to watch to get a real appreciation of his god like prowess that everyone chats about? 

There's some footage of him beating Rigan right?

also too many people have corroborated the stories. 

Also keenan is crazy. Roger taps top bbs with shit you learn in the 1st month of bjj so your "evolution" can go fuck itself. 

Anything that can be done to the body has been done. There is nothing new to "discover" just maybe small nuances of technique. Look at an old kosen judo vid and wow, looks like bjj huh?

2 Likes

keenans def'n of bb seems to be who learns the most number of tech for comp. 

if i had to have rickson, relson or helio at my back in a bar fight or keenan, the choice is obvious. 

1 Like

When Rickson was a purple belt he'd beat Keenan's ass in a real fight.

2 Likes

I guess you say something this stupid just to get your name out there, but it's shitty and short sighted. Obviously, Keenan isn't very smart. 

Well there is only one way to find out for Keenan. Hop on a plane to Brazil, walk into Ricksons gym and tell him to his face that he is only as good as a tough purple belt then ask him to roll.

1 Like