Keep trusting Big Pharma and government. They lied to you about depression

That seems weird as fuck. What kinda oatmeal you eating?

Quaker old fashioned. I did some web searching & found some others saying something similar.

That literally sounds insane. Have you tried generic brand or Kodak Jack? Maybe try steel cut instead of old fashioned old oats. Let us know what’s happening bro. We’ll figure this out

Haha I’ve pretty much just ruled it out of my diet. I’d rather test it on someone else tbh. I’d be up for testing if I didn’t have to deal with only wanting to lay in bed & rot away when it hits me.

I’m sorry but many of the comments here are uneducated, knee-jerk, reactionary bullshit based on a single article in a fucking lifestyles magazine. I’m bipolar 2 & have ADHD so I’ve been on meds for most of my adult life. Without them, it’s very likely that I wouldn’t have accomplished the vast majority of what I have in my life. I’d have probably been far too hampered by dysthymic depression & an inability to relax, focus & think clearly. And I know for a fact that I wouldn’t have survived the aftermath of my wife’s death last year. I was profoundly depressed for months afterward but the combination of Effexor & Abilify that I’m prescribed by my psychiatrist kept me from falling into the abyss of self-destruction that I’d have surely slipped into without treatment & medication.
So, to hear some individuals call SSRIs “evil” is just ridiculous to me because they saved my life.
Are they over-prescribed in some cases? Sure. But so are antibiotics. IMO, unless you’ve been diagnosed with clinical depression or some other form of mental disorder you’ve got no right to tell people who do what sort of medications they should & shouldn’t be on. For every individual that’s had a bad reaction to antidepressants, there are many who have benefited from them greatly.

2 Likes

I think understanding trauma and PTSD, while you may have not had the worst of it all, it’s still something to learn that will help you adjust your thinking about depression and processing things healthy.

The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma

Is something that helped me personally.

1 Like

Where @Snowy790 fag to defend this?

1 Like

Don’t have to defend anything, medicine works for some and not others, it’s not a one size fits all approach. I was going out with a mental health nurse for 6yrs and she tried to limit some medications people took as they reacted bad to them, others they saved their lives.

My ex wife was on meds and without them she was a nut job. She’d take them and be great after two weeks and convince herself she was cured so come off them, a few days later she’d be a psycho again.

The big issue is the doctors that prescribe them, the US is the worst, they’ll prescribe them for anything just to get you out of their office and to make a bit of money, you can bet the vast majority never needed them.

1 Like

I don’t blame her

3 Likes

You only have to worry about your girlfriend getting a puncture.

1 Like

Good post. I’m very sorry to hear about your late wife. I will say this though: in part due to personal choice and the other due to circumstances outside of my control, I accomplished A LOT more before my diagnosis (and subsequent prescriptions) than I have afterwards. Granted I have had two kids, lost a job, and gained a degree since then. So I guess it’s all perspective.

2 Likes

Until Covid we were all told that conservatives were in the pockets of big pharma. What an awakening the American people are experiencing.

I hope it shows at the voting booths and more

1 Like

Thanks, bro. I appreciate it.

1 Like

They’re all as bad as each other regardless what side of politics they swing.

3 Likes

That’s because oatmeal is the food of the devil

1 Like

Yep.

But nobody wants to admit they’ve been had.

The parties make it so easy to look down on the opposition and those who support them.

Its all some supporters have in their lives

one more time

Let’s just throw out the baby with the bath water, amirite? I DESPISE big pharma as much as the next guy and watching that Michael Keaton mini-series “Dope Sick” and the movie “The Dallas Buyers Club” solidified that opinion for me.

However, to just unilaterally condemn ALL anti-depressants & anti-anxiety meds is painting with a giant wide brush. I know of folks that have basically pulled themselves out of the depths of hell with some of these meds and others who it appears to make their lives even worse.

It’s not a once-size-fits-all deal. I’m all for alternative medicines as well but having tried shrooms for “fun” once in my life before and had a HORRIFIC trip I’ll never take that sheet ever again. Everybody’s specific chemistry reacts differently to almost any drug out there.

2 Likes

Spot on. Very good post.

1 Like

Club strip GIF on GIFER - by Thetajurus

Me growing up depressed.

1 Like