Keith Kizer probably not going to punish GSP

or anyone else for that matter.

so the only winners out of this whole Greagate Debacle are Bj's lawyers who meticulously wrote out a 20 page complaint on behalf of BJ.

i wonder how much they're charging BJ per page...

www.sherdog.com/news/news/no-contest-unlikely-in-gsp-penn-dispute-16615

Penn’s camp added fuel to the fire last Monday when the Hawaiian’s attorney filed a 20-page complaint with the commission requesting that St. Pierre and “co-conspirator” cornermen Nurse and Jackson have their licenses suspended or revoked, and that the three be fined. The complaint followed an inquiry letter submitted by Penn’s attorneys on Feb. 3, while St. Pierre’s camp responded to the allegations via letter on Feb. 26.

However, Penn’s recent complaint, which was written in a legal style similar to a lawsuit, will not serve to stimulate any formal disciplinary proceedings on Tuesday against the accused trio, said Kizer.

Kizer said Penn and his representatives have no authority to file a disciplinary complaint against a fellow combatant per Nevada’s statutes.

“That’s my job,” said Kizer. “You can complain to me, small ‘c,’ and then it’s up to me as the executive director whether I’ll file a disciplinary complaint. I explained that to [Penn’s attorney] many times and I thought he understood.”

The five-member commission will receive copies of Penn’s complaint, as well as the two separate documents previously submitted, said Kizer, only with respect to what is on the commission’s Tuesday agenda, which is to review the fight.

Upon review of the documents on Tuesday, Kizer said a commission member could move to suggest disciplinary action, which would set the wheels in motion for a disciplinary hearing at a later date.

Kizer said it his interpretation that Nevada statutes currently don’t support the commission having the jurisdiction to adjust the results of the bout to a “no contest” given the specific circumstances. Kizer said a bout can only be ruled a “no contest” on four different occasions: the scorecards were added incorrectly, collusion occurred (where a referee was paid off), the referee misinterpreted a rule that effected the outcome, or there was the use of non-approved drugs or steroids.

“The main thing here [for Tuesday’s hearing] is let’s see what happened in the fight and let’s find out what happened from Phil [Nurse] and Greg [Jackson], what happened and why it happened, “ said Kizer. “Secondly, let’s figure out a way to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Now whether it goes beyond that is up to the commissioners -- and it may or may not.”

Kizer’s expectations are a bit tamer though.

“What I see happening is something along these lines: a very strict warning to Phil, a warning to everybody that there’s no place for this, and maybe something [determined] along the lines that every corner can have one designated Vaseline guy and that guy can not touch the fighter anywhere else on his body, except for his face, until the end of the fight,” said Kizer.

The commission meets Tuesday morning in Las Vegas at 9 a.m. PST. <!-- 300x250 AD -->  

yawn

there was a .000000002% chance of a NC.

wake me up when ME-J stops acting like a douche.

BJ is making himself look bad with this shit.

“You can complain to me, small ‘c’"

lol kizer is pretty funny sometimes, that blow up with hughes was funny on tuf

KneeUppercut -
xcouturefan - gsp cheated

Anyone that's ever held onto the fence or another fighters shorts or poked their competitor in the eye also cheated.

What a poor analogy. You people are sick for condoning GSP's cheating.

I'm glad BJ is trying to hold GSP up in court. He deserves it.

Come on Keith, why not?!

Should be a NO CONTEST.

...and that would set up for a great rematch!

i want karo's w to be turned to a NC just like nick's

So will BJ still get his wish of showering with St Pierre and getting to towel him off?

I might not agree with Keith on his drug testing policies but I do however agree with him here.

1. He is absolutely correct when not wanting to hear complaints filed by other fighters. That opens doors that do not need to be opened.

2. What really can be done besides a warning? Per Keith there is no rule set in place to punish GSP. To invent a rule to punish him is excessive. Had there been a rule in place thats one thing. But thats simply not the case. I think now that this is out in the open it would be a good idea for Keith to make a a rule a release a warning stating that it will not be tolerated from now on. But thats really the extent of it.

Every fight where BJ grabbed the fence or held on to a guys shorts should also be reviewed.

I'm filing a formal complaint against BJ Penn

If BJ put the same amount of effort into his cardio training as he has into this "complaint" maybe he could of made an actual contest out of the fight instead of being a showcase for GSP's top control.

Penn's legal staff love to send letters, I would say they're probably on a fixed rate rather than commission.

DROC

Kr0ndogg -  

However, Penn’s recent complaint, which was written in a legal style similar to a lawsuit, will not serve to stimulate any formal disciplinary proceedings on Tuesday against the accused trio, said Kizer.

LOL

Kizer said Penn and his representatives have no authority to file a disciplinary complaint against a fellow combatant per Nevada’s statutes.

LOL

[quote “You can complain to me, small ‘c,’ and then it’s up to me as the executive director whether I’ll file a disciplinary complaint. I explained that to [Penn’s attorney] many times and I thought he understood.”

LMFAO

BJ's lawyer is perfect for him - zero sense of reality, and does half-assed work

LOL What exactly does Keith Kizer do... just file complaints?

“That’s my job,” said Kizer. “You can complain to me, small ‘c,’ and then it’s up to me as the executive director whether I’ll file a disciplinary complaint. I explained that to [Penn’s attorney] many times and I thought he understood.”

He can be hurt all he wants that BJ wants to file a disciplinary complaint against GSP... But according to him:

"The five-member commission will receive copies of Penn’s complaint, as well as the two separate documents previously submitted, said Kizer, only with respect to what is on the commission’s Tuesday agenda, which is to review the fight.

Upon review of the documents on Tuesday, Kizer said a commission member could move to suggest disciplinary action, which would set the wheels in motion for a disciplinary hearing at a later date."

LOL BJ's lawyers just circumvented Keith Kizer... LOL

Even though I think Keith overstepped fair use of his authority with regard to Diaz (yeh, I'm a little bitter), the dude makes for great quotes. Small c complain...funny stuff.

Keith aside, it occurred to me when reading the piece that the reason BJ's goofy lawyer included the odd position that GSP injested something to make him greasy was expressly to establish grounds for an NC remedy. Darned lawyers.

THP - 
KneeUppercut -
xcouturefan - gsp cheated

Anyone that's ever held onto the fence or another fighters shorts or poked their competitor in the eye also cheated.

What a poor analogy. You people are sick for condoning GSP's cheating.

I'm glad BJ is trying to hold GSP up in court. He deserves it.
Boy, I hope that Matt Huges, stich, Rich Franklin and anyone else who has ever had a corner put vaseline anywhere but the face also deserve it.

I have an idea, lets go back 10 years and find everyone that has a complaint about this and re-assess all of those fights!

Keith was completely correct in his estimation of how this will likely proceed; Watch the fight, talk to those involved and find a way to make sure that this controversy never comes up again.

"it’s up to me as the executive director whether I’ll file a disciplinary complaint. I explained that to [Penn’s attorney] many times and I thought he understood.”"

Oh, they understood perfectly. This letter had nothing to do with getting GSP punished and everything to do with shitting out more public accusations in an attempt to diminish BJ's humiliating loss and disparage GSP's name.

"the referee misinterpreted a rule that effected the outcome"

Seems like it could be argued that happened here. If there is a rule against greasing and no foul was assessed, and it affected the outcome...

orcus - 

"the referee misinterpreted a rule that effected the outcome"

Seems like it could be argued that happened here. If there is a rule against greasing and no foul was assessed, and it affected the outcome...

That sounds like cases where refs miss a foul (kicking a downed opponent, resulting in a "win", which can later be overturned due to a misinterpreted rule.

In this case, the ref doesn't have anything to do with the corners between rounds, that's the NSAC officials' jobs, and they did their jobs according to the written rules.

so i guess everyone gets one chance at least to accidently apply vaseline to their bodies