Keith Kizer says NSAC could adopt Instant Replay

According to MMAJunkie.com

What do you guys think? I can see the benefits of this but I can also see the downside as well.

I don't really think it is needed but, maybe it'll help get a few calls correct.

Now, my question is, can we review judges decisions as well? 

Or can an early stoppage be reviewed and a fight be restarted?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15226/nsac-executive-director-keith-kizer-says-instant-replay-possible-by-end-of-year.mma

It should be used for cuts and knockdowns, but those are more boxing issues than MMA. It still has its use in MMA for the eye gouge thing.

I highly doubt they'll be overturning TKO ref stoppages with it.

New Jersey called. it wants its instant replay back.

Agreed--you can't overturn stoppages, that is an on the spot judgment call--it isn't an "act" that was initially missed by the referee.  

Things like eyepokes or cuts caused by headbutts that aren't seen are fouls that were presumably not seen on the first instance by the referee.  This could be reviewed on replay, and corrections made.  Imagine the scenario where a fighter is eyepoked (Anthony Johnson) and loses because of injury caused by the poke, but the referee didn't see the original foul. 

I don't see this hurting anything.

We've all seen heat of the moment bad decisions and they could have been overturned.

I am 100% swinging from Kizer's nuts on this one.

PS, this wouldn't have helped BJ Penn.

I love it.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

Not that he would have won, but Al Turk got his eye destroyed by Mirko and got ko'd since the ref missed it. This could have also helped when Rumble Johnson got the back of his head poked through.

I don't think that it should be used for much else.

it's about time

The Pete - Not that he would have won, but Al Turk got his eye destroyed by Mirko and got ko'd since the ref missed it. This could have also helped when Rumble Johnson got the back of his head poked through.

I don't think that it should be used for much else.

both those are valid examples of it helping, but say Al Turk covered up, held his eye and is obviously hurt, the ref stops the fight to review if this was an illegal poke and it's not, restarts the fight, mirko would have been penalized in a big way, having his opponent on the verge of a stoppage and then having to restart with his opponent receiving a chance to recover... if Turk ended up winning the fight after the restart, the instant replay could have affected a fight in the opposite way it was intended to help...