Ken Pavia turned down Hieron/Zaromskis fight

It sounds like Strikeforce didn't overlook Jay Hieron after all.

http://twitter.com/arielhelwani

"Re: Jay Hieron: Coker said they offered Hieron a shot against Zaromskis, but Pavia turned it down. They held out for Diaz..."

"...But when they didn't get Diaz they took Riggs. Pavia confirmed this was true. So maybe he isn't being as mistreated as we thought."

"Coker didn't specify whether it was a title shot. He just said that he was offered a fight against Zaromskis."

Still sucks that Jay's fighting on the undercard, but it looks like Strikeforce offered him a solid fight.

I want a front row seat for this...

in before Pavia and shitstorm

Holy shit.

What a horrible, horrible decision by the Pav.

Take a fight against a new and exciting prospect with a ton of hype behind him whose biggest weakness is Jay's greatest strength (wrasslin').

or

Take a fight against a guy who is best known (fairly or unfairly) as a UFC washout and whose career has stalled due to back problems.

Wow..

D0UCH3B4G - 
savage animal - in before Pavia and shitstorm

lol

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17467/ever-patient-title-hopeful-jay-hieron-content-with-joe-riggs-strikeforce-miami-bout.mma

While Strikeforce officials talked to Hieron about a potential Zaromskis fight (apparently before he was booked to fight Diaz), Hieron ultimately passed on the bout because he worried the opponent has little name recognition in the U.S..

I wonder who strikeforce was planning on Diaz facing?

didnt Riggs and Pavia have a personal issue a while back?  Maybe Ken P just wants to see Riggs get beat regardless of it is a good fight for his guy

here's a question.

Why didn't they offer Hieron Diaz?

Card - http://mmajunkie.com/news/17467/ever-patient-title-hopeful-jay-hieron-content-with-joe-riggs-strikeforce-miami-bout.mma

While Strikeforce officials talked to Hieron about a potential Zaromskis fight (apparently before he was booked to fight Diaz), Hieron ultimately passed on the bout because he worried the opponent has little name recognition in the U.S..

The only name recognition Joe Riggs has in the US is as the guy who loses alot on UFC Unleashed.

Don't get me wrong, Joe is a solid fighter, but he is hardly a guy with great name value among casual fans.  The fans who hopped on board with TUF 1 might know who he is, but the Lesnar noobs, Kimbo noobs, and CBS noobs have never seen his UFC fights.

CRBMoney14 - I wonder who strikeforce was planning on Diaz facing?

Riggs?

I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz-Riggs 2.5 

savage animal - 

in before shitstorm

I hate that term

LOL !!!

ttt for all the people claiming Heiron is getting screwed by Strikeforce

Doesn't surprise me, Heiron hasn't exactly made the smartest choices career wise. He continaully takes contracts with un-stable orgs (IFL, EliteXC, Affliction) rather than accept an offer from the UFC (which he has been offered at least twice).

Because of that he has fought 4 no name guys in the last 2 years and had multiple fights fall thru.

Pavia should take responsibility for this as well.

Steve4192 - 
CRBMoney14 - I wonder who strikeforce was planning on Diaz facing?

Riggs?

I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz-Riggs 2.5 

ttt

You're fired!