Ken Shamrock is Smart

Ken Shamrock is training with different people outside the Lion's Den. Also the Lion's Den has brought in new trainers AND New up and coming young fighters.

This is a huge plus.

Smart move by Ken.

"...Pedro Rizzo (just to name a few) should take note."

Ruas Vale Tudo and Nova Uniao trains together sometimes.

The guy who I feel was held back the most by not training with a variety of people is Coleman. Imagine if, as Rogan said, he's trained BJJ for the past six years.

"The guy who I feel was held back the most by not training with a variety of people is Coleman. Imagine if, as Rogan said, he's trained BJJ for the past six years."

Rogan did say in UFC 37.5 Coleman should of been a BJJ Black Belt by now, if he'd been traing BJJ.

Coleman is training with Ricco Rodriguez as well now, so this will help his BJJ alot.

TS - I think what Joe said was IF Coleman had been training BJJ since he started NHB, he'd be a black belt by now. I don't think he meant Coleman should have a black belt in the sense that he's earned it but not received it. As for Coleman training with Ricco, that's great news! Coleman was all over Fedor then got caught with the very first armbar you learn in BJJ class. If he could simply learn to avoid the subs, (not learn offense with subs just defense) then like Couture he'd be very tought to beat.

Coleman w/ a BJJ blackbelt would be a dangerous combo...To quote Rogan, "The guy has gorilla strength".

W/ his speed (for a heavyweight), ability to wrestle, tenacity, and 'gorilla strength', Coleman could've learned BJJ and implimented into his game rather quickly.

Oh, what could've been...