Ken vs. Royce on the street.......

I have an ongoing argument with a friend. Who would win in a street fight between Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie?

I think Ken is a pretty safe bet.

I,ll wait to break it down. Want to see what the UG thinks.

Da Swede -

What do you mean?

onepunch - ask poor Pepe in France ;)

?

Ken

Royce

"Damien also said that they beat up his little brother, wich we the UG decided to name Pepe "

No, IIRC the kid's name actually was Pepe and that's from Damien's posts.

i think ken would for sure gain the top position, and then bite and headbutt his way to jail.

You don't win street fights by laying on your back for 30 minutes and HOPING your opponent might give you something to sub him with. However I could see Ken putting a nasty sprawl and brawl clinic on Royce. Ken's sprawl and strikes would be decisive here, not who can fight the best after 3 rounds.

open guard, that was the lamest fight analysis I've seen on here in a long while. Styles make fights and Ken's current style is simply a nightmare for Royce. You make some cute points, but fail to say how Royce would win. He would not get the takedown, forget it. He would be forced to stand and trade and Royce hits like frail woman. Royce hasn't subbed anybody in anything in a looooooooooong time, and he wouldn't get a sub or even gain any positional control. Royce would get hurt. ken may be older, but he has evolved quite a bit since UFC 1....Royce hasn't. They would match up quite differently now.

What nasty techniques do you speak of ? I hope it's not those silly self defense moves that appear in his book. Do you mean biting and eye gouging ? As if Royce is the only one capable of this ? Yeah, so is my little brother and Ken as well. BTW Ken was a street fighter long before UFC 1, so don't act like Royce is the only one. He's no Tank Abbott on the street that's for sure. ...Get real, Royce tries to clinch and shoot w/ no success as Ken tees off on Royce until he's KOed. NEEEEXT !

if ken was smart hed sprwl and brawl til royce was ko'd or eyes swollen shut

Ken hasn't done ANY laying and praying since his return to MMA. All of his fights have been exciting. Admit it guys, even though Ken is older he is a different fighter w/ a different, more aggressive style.

I think they're both too smart to get into a street fight with one another. They're professional fighters- no pay, no play

In a streetfight, Ken would hospitalise Royce in about 30 seconds. Probably.

In MMA, he would defeat the entire family because they'd have to come at him one at a time. If Royce ever accepts a 3rd fight against Ken in MMA with rules that are less draconian than Ali vs Inoki, I'll go and join the flying pigs in a frozen-over hell. Royce knows how badly Ken would humiliate him nowadays, Ken has improved a lot and actually has decent standup and an almost unbeatable sprawl.

If Ken ended up in Royce's guard, there would probably be a lot of gouging and biting eventually. I'm not sure who would get the best of that though. It would be tough to call. I'm sure when it was over, both guys would know they had been in a fight.

LOL at this question.

For sure, Royce would not enjoy being on his back in a back alley with any number of broken shards of whatever grinding into his flesh. That would suck for anyone.

Also, who says Ken would fight Royce the same way he did in the rematch. He would probably be much more aggresive, landing punches, standing up, and throwing bombs on the feet.

Or, they could both tie up, stumble, and wind up on a tabloid cover as gay lovers, all because the hit their heads on the fuckin' curb when they went down, and some asshole pic-snapper just happened by.

LOL at this question.

For sure, Royce would not enjoy being on his back in a back alley with any number of broken shards of whatever grinding into his flesh. That would suck for anyone.

Also, who says Ken would fight Royce the same way he did in the rematch. He would probably be much more aggresive, landing punches, standing up, and throwing bombs on the feet.

Or, they could both tie up, stumble, and wind up on a tabloid cover as gay lovers, all because the hit their heads on the fuckin' curb when they went down, got KO'd at the same time, and some asshole pic-snapper just happened by.

What's Royce gonna do, take him down? Ken would KO Royce with ease these days.