Ken vs. Royce on the street.......

Ken would knock Royce out.

u know if he got in royces guard, he could lift and slam royce on his back. spine against street cant be fun. spine against fire hydrant or glass bottle might hurt a little

Royce can't take ken down, never could, and standing Royce get smashed, even if Royce managed to pull guard, I see a major rape choke/GnP combo, Royce would get destroyed.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT LAY AND PRAY...THE FIGHT WOULD NEVER MAKE IT TO THE GROUND, UNLESS ROYCE'S TAKEDOWNS ARE BETTER THAN FUJITA'S....

(caps used for emphasis)

GO TIME is in some serious denial. UFC's 1 and 5 were a LONG TIME AGO. Granted, Royce might still be the same, over all, but Ken has improved. If Ken wanted to keep it standing, he would keep it standing.

STEELNUCKS,

I think your missing the question LOL.

bottom line is, ken fights where he feels he has an advatage. he's pretty consistent in doing this.

back in the olden days he felt like his basic knowledge of submission coupled with his strength and wrestling ability meant that the fighting on the ground was going to be to his advantage pretty much all of the time.

fast forward, and in his fights with otsuka, fujita, and tito, you'll see a ken trying to stand up. granted, he didn't take home the victory in all of those matches, but he was pressing the fight where he felt like his opponent was weak.

today, on the street, one-on-one, royce gracie wouldn't stand a chance against ken shamrock. gracie's takedowns are weak, his striking is weak, and if we're going to be talking about eye gouging, i find it very unlikely that he's enough better than shammy at that one element of fighting to make up for all the deficits in other areas.

GO TIME-"ROyce has too many tricks like gouges etc that Ken could not defend. LMFAO at Ken staying on his feet. In 2 fights and over 35 min of fighting, Ken has been on his feet for like 15 sec. You guys are some of the dumbest people around. Ken is not Cro Cop, his sprawl and brawl flat out doesnt exist. "-----------------------------------------------------------------Wow. What a huge load of crap. This guy is both insulting and moronic at the same time. Ken will stay on his feet all day on the street or in the ring. His sprawl and brawl does exist. His fight w/ Fujita was a sprawl and brawl clinic. Royce cannot put on the pressure like Fujita did and his takedowns aren't gonna work either, he's no Mark Coleman. In his 2 fights w/ Ken the fight s landed on the ground only because Ken chose to go there as he too was a groundfighter back then. Ken did not display the ability or even the remote desire to keep the fight standing back then.

Much like Tre Telligman he LATER began to fight on the feet. There's a big difference between the Tre that fought Vitor and Brad Kholer and the Tre that fought Vovchanchin and Pedro (both times).Same w/ Ken. He fights differntly now and he comes to bang. He wouldn't even try to grapple w/ Royce. Not like Royce could keep him down eif it did go there.

Ken by back breaker on a fire hydrant.

It's true, Royce literally has no punch. He would be in trouble on the street. I honestly think Tank would murder Royce on the street.

whoever is more pissed.

Royce by heel kicks to the liver over & over & over.

Could someone who thinks Royce would win PLEASE tell me how the fuck he would get Ken on the ground.

Yes, how would he get Ken to the ground ?

One factor in favor of Royce is experience. As Renzo said in Bushido 3, "growing up in Brazil with the name Gracie is like having a target on your back". Imagine being a Gracie in the country with the most "macho" attitude, the country with the most streetfights and where fighting is so highly regarded. And you were trained from birth by the most elite of these streetfighters!

When rules are removed, and for example groin strikes are allowed, so many moves and positions are changed. As all rules are removed, knowledge of this wide open game becomes critical. And here I think Royce MUST know more because of his background. I remember seeing a picture in the Gracie magazinein 1997 of Royce being held by Helio at age 3 months and put into BJJ positions.

Ken has size, punching power and strenght over Royce. Plus Ken is tough too, growing up hard and fighting often as well. I read Ken's book and respect him tremendously. But I think Royce is one of the few fighters that would beat Ken on the street. It would be a war and Ken would do some damage. But Royce would wear him down and use his experience to finally fatigue and submit Ken.

It looks like everyone agrees with me that Royce would take it. I like the claim above that UFC 1 was the closest to a street fight and thus illustrated most accurately what would happen in Royce-Ken on the street. Ken would be as "surprised" as he was after UFC 1 and perhaps as humble too.

Royce by "exposure" to rule minimization, like UFC1.

LOL, so anyway how exactly would Royce get this to the ground and keep him there ? Answer that. Even if he did how would he keep him there ? Besides Royce hasn't subbed anybody in years ( not after people became familiar w/ BJJ and trained for it), and he didn't come anywhere near a sub in their second fight...NOT EVEN CLOSE. What's even funnier, Royce won't be wearing his gi in the street. Royce would get KTFO, or at least split open very badly. Streetfights don't last 30 minutes guys, they're over quick so Royce won't have time to "wear him out".

""It looks like everyone agrees with me that Royce would take it""

LOL!

Havent you read all the posts?!

Harlan this suprises me because your usually right on. But in this case your arguments simply hold no weight.

First of all the smart people on this thread agree that Royce would have trouble getting it to the ground. This is the Only place Royce would stand even a remote chance.

As far as street experence...Ken Shamrock has been in a ton of street fights! I read the Gracie Way book and it mentions nothing about Royce having heavy street fights. Even if he has I doupt his streed experence even comes close to Kens. Plus he would always have his brothers around!

BTW- refrences to UFC-1 make no sence as Royce was wearing a Gi! Duh!!!

This should be a no brainer.

GOTIME-"Sak is twice the wrestler of Ken "

LOL- your kidding right?!

BOBAZEE-

Your posts are correct.