Kendall Grove freaky tall for 185

I don't see how Kendall Grove at 6'6" can make 185 lbs. It seems to me that a guy who is 6'6" should weigh at least in the 240-250 lbs. range. 185 lbs. seems too skinny for 6'6".

What's even more amazing is that he's any good as a fighter. I would have thought that at only 185 lbs. for 6'6" that he'd be so skinny that other fighters could over power him and maul him pretty easily.

I just don't see how a guy with such a low height to weight ratio could be any good.

I remember people used to talk about how skinny Royce Gracie was, but Royce weighed about as much as Grove and Royce is 5" shorter.

Was Royce ever a true 185? Even if he was he wasn't cutting to make weight, gotta figure Grove is walking around close to 200 then getting down a few pounds before a fight and finally cutting the rest for weigh ins.

A guy I train with is 6'5" and 185lbs.. And that's without cutting. Kendall probably weighs 205lbs come fight time.

"Was Royce ever a true 185? Even if he was he wasn't cutting to make weight, gotta figure Grove is walking around close to 200 then getting down a few pounds before a fight and finally cutting the rest for weigh ins."

I heard that back in the day Royce was like 180 lbs. I've heard that Royce actually walks around at like 200 lbs. now.

Grove may well cut some weight to get to 185 lbs., but so do most of the other fighters in that division and they are all much shorter than 6'6".

how tall is that corey guy from TUF?

he seems crazy tall for a LW

"A guy I train with is 6'5" and 185lbs.. And that's without cutting. Kendall probably weighs 205lbs come fight time."

Even if Kendall Grove walks around at 205 lbs. that's still really skinny for 6'6".

Corey Hill is 6'4 at 155

I'm 6'3" and I walk around at 175 and I'm not shredded or anything (I'm in decent shape).

It's just body type.

i know...he's skinny.