Kendrick Lamar is same as Kanye West

Just listened to a bunch of Kendrick songs to see what the hype was all about. He sounds just like Kanye West to me. Sorry to all the Kendrick fans, but l dont see it.

He's a rapper who apparently is really popular among millenials and Hillary supporters

He lost me when i heard some song of his about the terrible injustices in Ferguson. 

He's the same as Kanye in the sense that they both used to make good music and currently make some of the worst hip-hop, and I use the term hip-hop loosely considering most of their music now is gospel spoken word sometimes and bleaching assholes sometimes. 

My name is Kung Foo and I'm here to say

He'll be bangin' a Kardashian and walkin the runway!

Do you mean overhyped and fucking delusional??

Like them or hate them, if you think Kanye and Kendrick are even remotely similar as MC's I can't really take your opinion seriously 

Mr Spliff -

Like them or hate them, if you think Kanye and Kendrick are even remotely similar as MC's I can't really take your opinion seriously 

Haha agreed

Mr Spliff - 

Exactly.

Hated everything Kendrick has done since Good Kid Maad City. Was expecting to be disappointed again with the new one but was presently surprised when I put Damn on last night.

Agree with OP definitely some Kayne influences coming through with some soul/gospel tracks sounding like College Dropout and other guitar/punk tracks sounding like they were lifted from Yeezus.

Fighting -

He lost me when i heard some song of his about the terrible injustices in Ferguson. 

He has a song about that white guy beaten to death with hammers in Ferguson?  He seems okay in my books and I dont even like rap.

Haha...He's nothing like Kanye. Kendrick's top 5 rappers of all time. Kanye is more of a producer than a rapper. 

OP, you are misinformed. But you are admittedly misinformed, so it's all good!

The reason you are of this opinion is because you most likely just listened to Kendrick's new album, DAMN. This album (specifically the song HUMBLE) is brash and bold in a way reminiscent of Kanye.

Big picture though, they are vastly different stylistically. If you wanted to "see what all the hype is about" with Kendrick, I would invite you to listen to the following songs.

-"Poe Man's Dream" off his album Section.80

-"Rigamortis" off Section.80

-"The Art of Peer Pressure" off of good kid, M.A.A.D city

These songs should be a proper introduction to Kendrick's impressive career and dispel any notion that he is comparable to Kanye.

This is the same as someone who never eats fine food telling everyone he doesn't notice the difference.

His music is decent imo, better than most modern rappers.

Just compared Kanye to Kendrick, SMH. Go to your room OP and think about what you did.

He's no Tech N9ne, that's for sure!

STRANGE MUSIC,

BITCH!

Highly recommend listening to DNA Element Humble and Duckworth from his album.

Kendrick makes a lot of weird fuckin music but these four songs were great

ZombieFaceMonky - Just compared Kanye to Kendrick, SMH. Go to your room OP and think about what you did.

I don't know shit about hip hop but yeah seriously 

The only thing similar between the two is that they both like to change their sound and that's it.

If am artist changes shit op every album then your not going to like ever album. It's simple as that.

Lamar is one of the best Rappers in the past 10 years and that's not up for debate.

Even the OG's favorite rapper in Eminem loves Kendrick.

He tried to set kendrick up and see if he had a ghost writer and made Kendrick make a bar for his song with no one there in the both with him and kendrick thoughts something up off the top of his head and it blew Eminem away.

If it's good enough for slim shady, it's good enough for you.