Kennedy considering drop to welterweight

Kennedy considering drop to welterweight

/go=news.detail&gid=443797

Despite an impressive 19-4 record and three straight wins in the UFC at middleweight, Tim Kennedy has been considering a drop to welterweight:

The former Strikeforce middleweight champion recently joined The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, where he suggested that he may not be long for the division, and was contemplating a move down to welterweight had Robbie Lawler won the title at UFC 171.

"Definitely possible," Kennedy told Joe Rogan on Wednesday. "Honestly, had Robbie Lawler beat Johny Hendricks I would cut to fight Robbie. I think I'd have to be faster at 170. Watching these guys whoosh all over the place."

read entire article...

He would be a huge WW, would be interesting to see how he performs at 170. Personally if I was him I would stay at 185 until I lost.

Is he scurred of Hendricks? Phone Post 3.0

He'd make woodley look like Mighty Mouse if he made 170 Phone Post 3.0

Chitownjohn23 - Was he really SF middleweight champ?

I don't find anyone more boring and more annoying than Kennedy. I dislike him on the same level as Jon Jones.

He fought for the belt twice but lost to Jacare the first time and Rockhold the second. So no, he was never the champ.

Is this even worth mentioning though, he did say "if robbie won", which he didn't, and then he continued talking about it and said he's probably about the same distance away in terms of # of fights in either division at this point, so he'd just stick to 185, i think he might think more if he loses.

He'd be a gigantic WW Phone Post 3.0

He looked twice Bisping's size. Can't imagine him making 170 without losing tons of muscle.