Kenny and illegal elbows

To those how say that his elbows where illegal. They started out being fine. And Joe did what he was supposed to do and tucked his head to avoid real damage and took them on the back of the head. Kenny played it as he was supposed to by not stopping until the ref. jumped in.I f yo turn your head and he hits you in the back of the head then I think it is your fault and the refs job to make sure both are playing by the rules.

But I think that Joe got screwd on the stand up. I thought that he would have gotten to start back in Kenny's guard.
Even though I don't think it would have changed the out come. Great fight for both.

I'm pretty sure it is the striker's responsibility to avoid delivering illegal blows even if his opponent is in a position that causes the strikes to be deemed illegal.

I could be wrong though.

When is your next fight, Nuri?

Not sure I agree Nuri, from a ref's standpoint, those were illegal as hell..

I would have taken a point..

Of course it wouldnt have mattered since florian finished the fight.

gotta disagree with the turning the head part. joe's head didn't move at all, yet florian kept aiming for the same spot over and over. he clearly had enough time to change his aim but he did not.

" sure I agree Nuri, from a ref's standpoint, those were illegal as hell."

From a refs standpoint they were perfectly legal actually. Because they were perfectly legal.

lol

They the (ACs) need to clarify the back of the head shit...cuz I could throw a punch and you could turn with it and bam back of the head.

" Because they were perfectly legal" they were illegal two fold..(A) you cant strike with the point of the elbow LIKE THAT and (B) they were to the back of the head. How many fights have you reffed?

pretty hard to dispute whit the gashes on the back of his skull and all..........

The elbow was on the back TOP of the head.  Not sure how much a difference that makes, perhaps enough.  I do want to point out this...Joe got up...looked a little dazzed, but got right back into the fight.  I don't know if he was offered a 5 minute recovery or not (maybe that is a debateable topic), but he did not pull a Renzo or Deny and QUIT.  Hats off to Joe for being a tough fighter!

Congrats to Kenny on the win.

^^^ Yeah, I thought they would give him a 5 minute restart and was surprised to see the action continue so quickly.

So if someone runs a redlight, it's my job to be out of the intersection so as not to get in an accident? UG logic at work.

i don't understand why herb dean stopped the fight if he didn't deduct a point, or at least give joe a 5 minute restart

TrainJudo - " Because they were perfectly legal"

Bullshit, they were illegal two fold..(A) you cant strike with the point of the elbow and (B) they were to the back of the head.

How many fights have you reffed? Me? Over 100.

Not sure where you're reffing or how many UFC fights you've seen, but point of the elbow strike are not illegal in the UFC.

So what was the difference between those elbows and J-roc's elbows on War Machine?

You know...the ones that everyone praised and said people should use more often from guard?

IIRC, they also opened up a gash on WM's head.....So what was the difference?

/\/\ pointed elbow strikes are only illegal when they are vertical or perpendicular to the ground iirc...

Wow, people are still desperate to find anything to take away from Florian. Awesome.

The elbows were thrown perfectly legally, and they were thrown and aimed at a legal target. A couple landed on the back of the head because Joe tucked his head as they were thrown.

If you think about the position -- lying on your back, spiking elbows into the head of an opponent whose head is on your chest -- it doesn't seem too likely that you'll manage to hit the back of his head.

"Not sure where you're reffing or how many UFC fights you've seen, but point of the elbow strike are not illegal in the UFC."

Perfect post.

Also, the referee did a great job and gave Kenny a formal warning for the shots that hit the back of the head. Hitting the back of the head was illegal, but the style of elbow thrown was perfectly legal had they all hit the top of the head.

A couple hit the back of the head and the action was stopped to formally warn Kenny. I agree that they should have gone back to guard, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Yeah, Train Judo is making a fool of himself again.

In the UFC, the only point of elbow strikes that are illegal are "ceiling to floor". I thought even the tards on this forum had figured that out by now.

point of the elbow strikes are illegal when they dont arc, downward point of the elbow strikes are ILLEGAL. As for UFC fights, I have reffed?..None, wish I had, but the commisions I have reffed for use the same rules.

A good way to know if they are illegal is to say if you are throwing them like honking a semi trucks horn, they are illegal, you can arc them though and contact with the point.