Kerr and Goodridge out of YAMMA?

From MMAJunkie.com

Veteran fighter Gary Goodridge (23-15-1), who was scheduled to fight Eric "Butterbean" Esch (10-5-1) in a "Masters Superfight" at YAMMA Pit Fighting's debut show, suffered a knockout at an event this past weekend.

The KO, which came to Mu Bae Choi in South Korea, has also knocked Goodridge out of the April 11 YAMMA event.

According to a New Jersey Athletic Control Board representative who spoke to fiveouncesofpain.com, Goodridge will not be cleared to fight at next weekend's event due to concerns over health and safety.

The loss of Goodridge is the latest in a series of changes to the YAMMA event, which takes place at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, N.J.

Yesterday, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported that Mark Kerr, taking the spot of an injured Don Frye, had been announced as a new opponent to fight Oleg Taktarov in the night's main event. However, the same NJACB official said that Kerr is still serving a suspension issued in Connecticut and that he will not be approved for the YAMMA event unless he's reinstated, according to fiveouncesofpain.com.

With Goodridge and possibly Kerr gone from the card, both of the night's "Masters" fights are in jeopardy.

In addition to those two fights, the YAMMA event is expected to feature an eight-man heavyweight tournament. The field includes George Bush, Alexey Oleynik, Sherman Pendergarst, Marcelo Pereira, Ricco Rodrigiez, Tony Sylvester, Chris Tuscherer and Travis Wiuff.

MMAjunkie.com has left a message with YAMMA officials and should have an update soon.

The most likely solution I would say if Goodridge and Kerr were out would be to have Oleg vs. Butterbean. Wouldn't that make sense?

That sucks about Goodridge. I was wanting to see those 2 guys duke it out. Kerr, sadly, I am not suprised. I wonder what he looked like in his last fight. What condition was he in?

George Bush?