Keto / Weight / Aderall / Energy

I'm currently in a position where I have everything I need in front of me to perfect myself and get back into the major swing of things.

I came here 212lbs  (last weighin a doctor) - smoker off and on and just lethargic.

Since May 11, I've done a 180, started eating healthier and lifting, BJJ/MMA and swimming.

As of June 4, I've started keto.  I'm starting to notice some issues with energy, especially when I get home after the 8.  I take 10mg of aderall in the morning before breakfest and I've tried it after around 11-12 to see if that was the issue.  I just end up working my 8 and I literally want to just fall asleep.  I at least push through and still make sure I make it to my workouts.

Schedule of things - I lift 3x a week (chest/tri) (bicep/back) (shoulder/legs) - I do bjj/mma 2x a week, swim "around" 2x a week and try to do 30-40 minutes of cardio 2x a week.  I have one  off day.

My diet - almost perfectly.

AM: 3-4 egg omlet, cheese, tomatoes - one coffee with half sweet and low

Lunch: Salad with 2-3 eggs worth, some turkey or chicken, carrots, cheese, tomatoes, etc., - 1tbps of ranch or olive oil

Dinner: Either grilled chicken salad, or get the same but smaller salad with a filet

Post-workout - Can of Tuna with Mayo  -

I sometimes skip the dinner - should I be more religious about it?

I'm currently at 193lbs now but I'm just dying to rip more fat off my body in whatever way possible, even if I do AM workouts before breakfest.

I have until Oct 15-20ish to continue this pace as hard and keep on going as well.  I don't have the best resources for anything on the market (powders, gnc stuff) due to the country I am in.

Also planning on taking a light OTC proanabolic near the end to try to bulk some (antiestro's, liver protection also).

Tell me what I need to do or what I'm needing to do.  Should I try to get anything to help, any kind of clean carbs that I can take that I know that I won't store in my fatass and use in my workouts?

Should I give a shit about the scale right now?

If you want to stay in keto, throw in more energy e.g. nuts.

Are you taking the adderrall for energy, focus, or weightloss?

The reason I ask, is that chronic ingestion of stimulants, whether its caffeine or a sympathomimetic like adderrall, will deplete your adrenals and downregulate your sensitivity to stimulatory neurotransmitters, facilitating chronic lethargy and weakness over the long term.

Solution? Wean yourself off, get adequate rest. eat right, and certain brands of multivitamins will help.

I have no affiliation with animal (the bb supp company brand), and for the longest time avoided their products because of the cheesy name/marketing... but after awhile I consistently noticed people everywhere, both in person and online raving about their multivitamin packs. When I saw hundreds of reviews online(ie- check out amazon.com), overwhelmingly positive, (especially noting the nergy boost), I tried it...(their animal pak)...it works.

At first I thought it was just the choline/b complex content, but Ive tried that too and didnt get the same effect. Clean stable energy all day, and it helps me steer clear of caffeine.

HERTSWENIP - Are you taking the adderrall for energy, focus, or weightloss?

The reason I ask, is that chronic ingestion of stimulants, whether its caffeine or a sympathomimetic like adderrall, will deplete your adrenals and downregulate your sensitivity to stimulatory neurotransmitters, facilitating chronic lethargy and weakness over the long term.

Solution? Wean yourself off, get adequate rest. eat right, and certain brands of multivitamins will help.

I have no affiliation with animal (the bb supp company brand), and for the longest time avoided their products because of the cheesy name/marketing... but after awhile I consistently noticed people everywhere, both in person and online raving about their multivitamin packs. When I saw hundreds of reviews online(ie- check out amazon.com), overwhelmingly positive, (especially noting the nergy boost), I tried it...(their animal pak)...it works.

At first I thought it was just the choline/b complex content, but Ive tried that too and didnt get the same effect. Clean stable energy all day, and it helps me steer clear of caffeine.
Aderall is for focus - I take dose on the weekends and prior to being out here - I took it less than a few times a month.  I could probably go ahead and cut it out as well until I have to start doing some studying again in a month.

Eat more fat; dont skip meals.

Q: How many kids with ADHD does it take to screw in a lightbubl?
A: Wanna go ride bikes?

How can I accomplish eating more fat?  What items are quick easy items to pick up for higher fat content?  Start getting some sausage/bacon with breakfest?

what about lunch/dinner?

Try cottage cheese or nuts for lunch and dinner. But you'll still get burned out earlier in a workout than if you had carbs.

"AM: 3-4 egg omlet, cheese, tomatoes - one coffee with half sweet and low
Lunch: Salad with 2-3 eggs worth, some turkey or chicken, carrots, cheese, tomatoes, etc., - 1tbps of ranch or olive oil
Dinner: Either grilled chicken salad, or get the same but smaller salad with a filet
Post-workout - Can of Tuna with Mayo -"

Extra egg and/or more cheese, chicken breast, cottage cheese(full fat)... more cream with your coffee.

Add more tbsps dressing with your lunch - throw an avocado in there.

Dressing and/or cook your meat in a good oil(coconut oil)... avocado, olives, and all.

Throw an egg or two in with the tuna and mayo.

Have some almond butter for desert with a meal or two or three or four depending on how hard you're training.

It will take 3-4 weeks for you to get fat adapted; without carbs you need to make sure you're making up for those calories with fat.

Hang in there and eat up!

Keto is rough particularly on active people. Most of the weightloss benefits of ketogenic diets are from caloric restriction that come from radically limiting your diet.
You could just eat a low-moderate carb diet and restrict calories.

120-150g of carbohydrate daily from healthy sources could do a lot to relieve fatigue and make you feel more alert.

Dude I'm currently on a Keto diet and what you posted is not a ketogenic diet. A Metogenic diet is mostly fat as in 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% Carbs. My percentages might be slightly off but not by much. I also noticed ur eating Carrots. That's not really part of a Keto diet. If you want to easily bring up you fat intake buy heavy whipping cream and either put it in your coffee or tea. One of my favorite treats is a large cup of Chi tea, 6 splenda packets and a bunch of heavy cream. Sooo Good. I also eat little Babybell cheeses a lot and eat steak pretty much whenever I want. Phone Post

Oh yeah, other easy ways to ensure you meet your fat goals. Don't go for the leanest cuts of meat. Look for the fattiest types of steaks and chicken you can find. For chicken that means other parts of the chicken besides the breast or white meat. We're talking more wing and drumstick. If your focusing on chicken Breast, turkey etc that's not really a Keto diet. Phone Post

Damn I forgot, use a lot of butter too Phone Post

Uninspired -  Dude I'm currently on a Keto diet and what you posted is not a ketogenic diet. A Metogenic diet is mostly fat as in 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% Carbs. My percentages might be slightly off but not by much. I also noticed ur eating Carrots. That's not really part of a Keto diet. If you want to easily bring up you fat intake buy heavy whipping cream and either put it in your coffee or tea. One of my favorite treats is a large cup of Chi tea, 6 splenda packets and a bunch of heavy cream. Sooo Good. I also eat little Babybell cheeses a lot and eat steak pretty much whenever I want. Phone Post
Cut out the carrots, noted.  What about cheese products like mozzarella?  I also use olive oil with my salads for some more fat content.  I worry about the cheese on my omelet - I'm close to positive I'm keeping the carbs under 20-30, I hope?

Enigmatic - This is the net carb content of the foods you listed.

1 Egg: 0.4g

1 packet of sweet and low: 0.9g

1 cup shredded mozzarella: 2-5g

Large tomato: 4-5g

Large carrot: 4-5g

1 tbsp ranch: 2g

1 tbsp mayo: 1-2g

The only other source of carbs would be the greens in your chicken salad, what do you usually put in it?
Touch of ranch, no carrots in that one, one tomato I'd say.  Isn't the goal to keep the carbs under 20 optimally?

If u work out a lot 50grams ain't gonna fuck ur Keto too much but just to be safe, make sure to keep it below. I broke down and had a bagel yesterday and started reading light pink on the strips but went to run for 5 miles and peed dark dark burgundy(high amount of ketones) a couple hours later. Phone Post

Enigmatic - Ketogenic diets have nothing to do with caloric restriction, The benefit comes entirely from reducing insulin.

Says the marketing copy. But few people manage to consume a caloric surplus when limited to 30g of carbohydrate daily.

Updates:

I think I'm around 190ish at the moment.  I have stopped the daily aderall and I've been feeling much better with workouts and stength, especially when I do BJJ/Kickboxing.

I've been strict about the keto/low carbs but I'm going to switch the eating times up to have a 15-hour fast everyday while keep low carbs still - with one cheat meal on the weekend.

Odd question:  Is there weight that you'll never be able to lose as you get older, say comparing yourself from 21 to 30 years old.  I'm 5'10 and I was able to get down to 154lbs a few times and 159lbs for tournaments and sat around 164ish back then.  Is it feasbile to think that I'll still be able to get towards that weight?  I have stick legs in case you are curious at why I can get down that far.  The lowest weight I've been since then was 164lbs after basic @ 23 years old and 175lbs @ 25 years old.

212lbs to 190lbs so far but I really want to get to 170lbs by the end of Oct - Possible?   

Odd question:  Is there weight that you'll never be able to lose as you get older, say comparing yourself from 21 to 30 years old.    

Not really in the way you're thinking. You might not look exactly the same and it gets harder to lose as you get older. But dude, you're 30. Its not a problem at that age. Be consistent and stick to plan without jumping all over the place, a year from now you'll look at before pics and go wtf?

big_slacker - 

Odd question:  Is there weight that you'll never be able to lose as you get older, say comparing yourself from 21 to 30 years old.    

Not really in the way you're thinking. You might not look exactly the same and it gets harder to lose as you get older. But dude, you're 30. Its not a problem at that age. Be consistent and stick to plan without jumping all over the place, a year from now you'll look at before pics and go wtf?
True enough - I'm just fitness hungry like no other since I've been here.  Just disappointed in myself over the years but - it seems hard to focus on two things (career) and (fitness) but it seems that I have to understand that it is more of a lifestyle choice which I am trying to make sure I get ingrained in my head, hence the little crazyness as of late.