Kettlebell Workouts

walkinassassin -

Keith Weber will fuck your tomorrow up.  You can't keep his pace you'll die... great video except his old ones. I watched one where all you could hear was wind...

On the beach? Lol. It still has great stuff on it. He is a machine 

Mit - 

Great info.  I really tried to keep up my fitness while covid was on but I failed bad.  Beer and pizza made a pretty regular apperance for me....along with video games and of course children lol

This sentence didnt come off well.

the 10000 kettlebell swing is a very good excercise for beginners.

after every 50 reps i added 5 pull ups. also heaviest kettlebell we have at the gym is 24 kilogram. but its a nice challenge for sure. but not an incredible difficult one to pull of. ofcourse a 48 kilogram kettlebell is a whole different story.

I don't mean to derail your thread, but I posted Dan Johns kettlebell workout here earlier, he is the originator b the way. I thought for many who are starting to workout and many who are here is a great summary of Can you go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qEOSv35i1Y

1 Like
mongrel 911 -

I don't mean to derail your thread, but I posted Dan Johns kettlebell workout here earlier, he is the originator b the way. I thought for many who are starting to workout and many who are here is a great summary of Can you go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qEOSv35i1Y

Dan John is the man, his podcast has so much information its amazing

![](upload://D0XXQO9ZkJNv3dMfrmot5uwJ0D.gif)

Simple and sinister is the perfect program for someone to start with. 

100 KB swings and 5 turkish get ups per arm .  Do that everyday for a month. 

sub

Today I did another workout.

4x15 swings

4x15 double kettlebell deadlifts.

5x50yard Farmer Carry

4x15 shoulder shrugs

Still focusing  on form. I noticed during the swings today that as Ingit fatigued, I started bending at the knees as opposed to folding at the waist. Once I realized I stopped and corrected it. Feel pretty good today.

GuttyProfessor - 

4x15 swings

5x50yard Farmer Carry

4x15 shoulder shrugs

Still focusing  on form. I noticed during the swings today that as Ingit fatigued, I started bending at the knees as opposed to folding at the waist. Once I realized I stopped and corrected it. Feel pretty good today.

I’m taking it pretty slow. Noticed with swings this morning, I feel good for 1-2 minutes and then I start to lose my rhythm and so my timing and form go to shit. I can see how this can become addictive though.

Sub for later. 

Stache -
GuttyProfessor - 

4x15 swings

5x50yard Farmer Carry

4x15 shoulder shrugs

I’m taking it pretty slow. Noticed with swings this morning, I feel good for 1-2 minutes and then I start to lose my rhythm and so my timing and form go to shit. I can see how this can become addictive though.

I agree. I’m interested in the mechanics of it and I am excited to be able to do any type of training that involves my core. Due to the operations I had, I wasn’t able to do any core related training for the last several years. I have terrible muscle balance as a result, and I’ve learned to do different exercises without engaging my core. With this, I have to focus a lot to make sure to engage my core. I wake up feeling it the next day. I’m excited to work myself up over the next month or two and see what changes I notice in my body.

I’m pretty sure I have the Simple and Sinister PDF if anyone wants it

GuttyProfessor -

Anyone have any resources for good kettlebell workouts? I’m not looking to get huge. I’m 42 and overweight but ridiculously powerful. I got 2 35lb kettlebells. I want to do some good training to help burn fat and tone up. Not looking to gain size. I’d prefer to lose a fair amount of size. Any recommendations???

check out Mikemahler.com

he is the king of kettlebells. He has a free workout manual on his site with a plethora of exercise instructions. 

GuttyProfessor - 
Stache -
GuttyProfessor - 

4x15 swings

5x50yard Farmer Carry

4x15 shoulder shrugs

I agree. I’m interested in the mechanics of it and I am excited to be able to do any type of training that involves my core. Due to the operations I had, I wasn’t able to do any core related training for the last several years. I have terrible muscle balance as a result, and I’ve learned to do different exercises without engaging my core. With this, I have to focus a lot to make sure to engage my core. I wake up feeling it the next day. I’m excited to work myself up over the next month or two and see what changes I notice in my body.

These things seem like they’ll be great for core work. I bet you’ll have excellent results.

I was getting really nervous about winter and losing all my momentum but now I’m suddenly excited to start a new routine and see what happens. I hear ya completely.

Steve Maxwell Spartan 300 kettlebell workout 

I have done this a ton and it’s a good one

IN

In.

Holy crap. I woke up today planning to do at least a 30 minute workout. My body is as sore now as it was when I did my first day of wrestling practice. I feel like I’ve been hit by a train. Muscle soreness in places I never knew I had.... I’m hoping that once the juices start flowing and I loosen up a bit I’ll feel good enough to do some swings and stuff. Ouch.

GuttyProfessor - 

Holy crap. I woke up today planning to do at least a 30 minute workout. My body is as sore now as it was when I did my first day of wrestling practice. I feel like I’ve been hit by a train. Muscle soreness in places I never knew I had.... I’m hoping that once the juices start flowing and I loosen up a bit I’ll feel good enough to do some swings and stuff. Ouch.

Lol that was me after my first workout. It wasn’t a pull but the muscles just below my groin were so sore that I could barely walk for a few days.