Kettlebells to get strong

I have 2 35pound bells, 1 45 and 1 55. What are some routines to get me stronger? I would like to put a few pounds on if possible. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

TTT? Phone Post 3.0

Low reps of exercises like squats, thrusters, single leg deadlifts, clean and press should do it. Phone Post 3.0

Neal Zumbro - Low reps of exercises like squats, thrusters, single leg deadlifts, clean and press should do it. Phone Post 3.0
How about snatches, get ups and press ups? Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

Yes Phone Post 3.0

Tom Lawlor - Yes

Yes what? Lol

Voted both of you up Phone Post 3.0

GaspareBJJ - 
Tom Lawlor - Yes Phone Post 3.0
Yes what? Wanna come workout with me? Phone Post 3.0

Yes. Do snatches, get ups, and presses too.

Tom Lawlor -
GaspareBJJ - 
Tom Lawlor - Yes Phone Post 3.0
Yes what? Wanna come workout with me? Phone Post 3.0

Yes. Do snatches, get ups, and presses too.

Word up, thanks man!

When are you fighting again?? Phone Post 3.0

Sell them and use the money to buy a barbell and plates.

Kidding aside, try googling Mike Mahler's kettlebell routines.

Here is an easy one.

Start at 10 sets of 5 reps of double KB clean & press.

Follow it with 10 sets of 5 of double KB front squat (holding them in the rack position).

Find somewhere to do some pull-ups.

Do this routine 2x per week (mon/thurs or mon/fri,etc).

2nd week do 10 sets of 6 reps. 3rd do 10 sets of 7. 4th 10x8,etc.

Obviously there are a million other factors that play in to this, but there is a basic start. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

Tom Lawlor - Here is an easy one.

Start at 10 sets of 5 reps of double KB clean & press.

Follow it with 10 sets of 5 of double KB front squat (holding them in the rack position).

Find somewhere to do some pull-ups.

Do this routine 2x per week (mon/thurs or mon/fri,etc).

2nd week do 10 sets of 6 reps. 3rd do 10 sets of 7. 4th 10x8,etc.

Obviously there are a million other factors that play in to this, but there is a basic start. Phone Post 3.0
Voted up, thanks Phone Post 3.0

Here is a Kettlebell Routine

Strength Workout

Perform each exercise for the prescribed reps for 3 sets each

1. Alternating Renegade Row - 10 reps each arm

2. KB Goblet Pistol Squat - 5 reps per leg

3. Figure 8 Uppercuts  - 10 reps side

Conditioning Circuit

Perform each exercise for one-minute intervals each one after the other. Rest got 90 seconds and repeat for 3-5 rounds.

1. One Arm Kettlebell Swings (Left)

2. Push Ups

3. One Arm Kettlebell Swings (Right)

Also check out my KBellFighter free program as well.  Teaches you techniques, workouts and videos.

Voted up Phone Post 3.0

Anyone think I should do a protein supplement or natural T booster? Or is all of that bullshit Phone Post 3.0

T booster is bullshit. Protein depends on your diet. I take in the morning so that my brekkie is not pure carbs. Phone Post 3.0

By the way, using less than the kb set you list, I put on 10-12 lbs last year in about 6 months using Pavel's programs from "Enter the Kettlebell". That was an insane jump for a 44 year old guy who has been stalled at the same weight (more or less) for years. Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCliL6FJ7eDQSwyfDE2AfE-Q

Highly recommend Pat Flynn. He's got a ton complexes. Some more strength based, some more conditioning based. Tons of variety.

Dogfight - By the way, using less than the kb set you list, I put on 10-12 lbs last year in about 6 months using Pavel's programs from "Enter the Kettlebell". That was an insane jump for a 44 year old guy who has been stalled at the same weight (more or less) for years. Phone Post 3.0
I just started using his simple and sinister kb routine. Needed something that didn't require a huge block of time because I travel a lot. So far so good. Phone Post 3.0

Can a dumbbell be a substitute? Phone Post 3.0