Kevin Holland retires

After talking all that shit about trimming his beard and then to get owned in every way for the world to see. It’s hardly surprising he feels embarrassed and probably had a reality check that he is not as good as he thought was, so if he does stick to his guns it is better to walk away while he still has all his marbles intact than hanging around and going through the motions just for a paycheque.

its possible that he made more this fight on short notice than he would get the next 5 years at his show/win rate…so if he wants out kudos to him

He’s always seemed a little erratic mentally. Slightly off. Doubt this is permanent.

1 Like

I’m a Kevin holland fan til death. Dude is a legit hero.

3 Likes

Should have just been honest and taken the Andy Roddick route: these fuckers are just too good for me and I don’t want to keep putting this kind of work in.

1 Like

If a fighter contemplates retirement, it’s time. You can’t be only 80% in when it comes to cage fighting.

That’s entirely possible but he couldn’t have made that much. No way he got millions.

He’s a young dude. All the money he’s made can’t be enough to go far.

He needs to do whatever makes him happy but tough to pass on the best earning years of your life…I’m not sure what alternatives he has. Maybe he has a nice fallback career…

1 Like

Says more about you than him

1 Like

Dana - Kevin and I were never friends

1 Like

Oooohhh buuurn! I wasn’t insulting him.

Make It Rain Sport GIF by UFC

2 Likes

He seems like a great dude, and had a good career. If he’s really finished, I hope nothing but good things for him.

5 Likes

Holland is missing a bag ,imo. He didn’t lose steam in that loss. He’s one of those guys people will pay to see because they like his personality. I bet he is a bigger draw today than he was before losing

5 Likes

This

2 Likes

These things tend to be salary negotiations.

1 Like