Kevin Lee is delusional.

Anyone know why Lee still has an attached umbilical cord?

Morgz -

It was a little off putting at first but then Kevin gave Al props and accepted it. I already respected Kevin Lee before that, and gained more respect after it. 

Cant say I blame him. Dude just fought his ass off for 25 minutes and it was kind of close. Ended up coming down to who won round 1. Kevin though he won that round, but didn’t. 

He got smart about changing his attitude real fast after his first comment got the boo's started. You could tell he didn't like having to change his tune and give props like he did. You could see it on his face that those words did not taste good but he swallowed his pride and did the right thing. I don't think he particularly believed the words he was saying at that point in time, but he was smart enough to know he had to do it.I think he's a complete tool with the walk-out nonsense and was rooting for him to get knocked out after that display, but props to him for being a man and eating crow, no matter how bad it might have tasted.

Seems like he was acting, maybe trying to convince himself?  Sometimes cockiness is a front to cover up insecurity.

CRE - He's a good guy just disappeared from the scene too much, didn't stick to a grappling centric gameplan and came out to 21 savage instead of some Detroit shit.
He came out like he was on some tween karaoke or lip sync contest. That was painful to watch but the faces of the people in the crowd and walkway looking at him as he bathed in his own arrogance and conceit was priceless. - edit: My mistake. I was referring to Lee. Thought you were too at first.

I never blame a fighter for how they feel immediately after a fight. It’s hard to judge your own fight. He clearly thought he won but knew better than to go on complaining.

Let’s see what he says in a week. Until then, he should be given the benefit of the doubt IMO.

Jinton Quackson -

it fucked up my parlay and I'm still happy about it

Lol

both kevin lee and bobby green have this slow roll cockiness to them, where after they lose they cant help but be disappointed in themselves. its like they cant push the pace beyond a certain point, and certainly not in the championship rounds. your skill literally doesnt matter when your fight "style" is like that.

Lee won the same way Al won against Madsival. 

I’m warming to ‘Raging Al’, used to be a Conor fan but he’s got his head too far up his own arse, and has been found out really. It’s right what laquinta said about Lee and Conor, excellent fighters, but something missing in the heart department when it gets really tough! As far as Lee thinking he won, yes he’s delusional, I gave it 3-2 to Al but his rounds were more dominant, and round 5 could easily be a 10-8. Finally Lee will not be able to rag-doll many 170ers.

Out struck every round rocked several times, if he can see why he lost he must be delusional 

Lee cuts too much weight for 155.

He's just not effective there.

I want to know what the judge that gave a 49-46 was smoking though. It was pretty clear is was Al in 1-4-5. Lee in 2-3.

Lee really should move up to 170 though.

S Dubaya - 

He got beat handily. Acting like he was robbed. After the way he wouldn’t stop dancing on his way in I’m kind of happy he took the L. There was a minute where Lee looked like he was the next great champion but I don’t think he will live up to the hype. 

he probably really believes he won the first 3 rnds there could have been a bit of acting at the dec though… but that look on his face and in his eyes he was “gutted” as they say in the UK. He had that 1000 yard stare.

Kid has a big ego so i know that hurt.

kevin lee is a specimen but hes cutting to much weight so he fades and has cardio issues late.

just go to 170 he’ll be fine.

Yeah move up in weight class and clearly get your ass whooped.  

Unkind Zuffa - 

I dont what you’re talking about kevin is already a 170 pounder fighting at 155 he has to walk at least 180ish maybe 190 that kid is thick walk around. That huge cut is why hes missed weight and why he fades like i mentioned in my other post.

we’ve seen it before with guys moving up and they’re better fighters …Thats that weight cut.

general rule guys dont get more skilled the bigger you go usually the other way around.

pretty sure kevin will be fine.

Bojack Horseman -
Unkind Zuffa - 

I dont what you’re talking about kevin is already a 170 pounder fighting at 155 he has to walk at least 180ish maybe 190 that kid is thick walk around. That huge cut is why hes missed weight and why he fades like i mentioned in my other post.

we’ve seen it before with guys moving up and they’re better fighters …Thats that weight cut.

general rule guys dont get more skilled the bigger you go usually the other way around.

Weight cutting is effective, almost every champ cuts tons of weight. Rogan always raves when a fighter goes up and wins but usually when they fight the top guys they get beat. Look at Hendicks. champ at 170, out of ufc at 185. Same with Kevin Gelesium, top guy at 170, goes up Rogan crowns him future champ, gets badly outsized by Weidman and finished by sub.

jpm995 - 
Bojack Horseman -
Unkind Zuffa - 

Weight cutting is effective, almost every champ cuts tons of weight. Rogan always raves when a fighter goes up and wins but usually when they fight the top guys they get beat. Look at Hendicks. champ at 170, out of ufc at 185. Same with Kevin Gelesium, top guy at 170, goes up Rogan crowns him future champ, gets badly outsized by Weidman and finished by sub.

Too be fair johhny wasnt the same johnny that was fighting for the belt what ever it was “supplements” :slight_smile: or whatever he didnt have anymore he ran into a former 205er in the barbarian and that brazilian monster who has his supplements in costa so theres that. Johhny relied on his big left hand moving up the 185ers can take that power.

Gastelum is good enough to fight at 185 hes fighting for a belt ko’d bisping … weidman is huge hes a 205 er that cuts to 185 though that just wasnt a good match up.

You forget bobby knuckles was 170 knows hes champ at 185 with some impressive wins.

frankie edgar didnt cut cowboy looked good at 170 until till

Kevin has a decent skillset if he doesnt gas because of the cut hes pretty tough to deal with if you notice he does pretty well in his fights when hes fresh.

jpm995 - 
Bojack Horseman -
Unkind Zuffa - 

You do know gastelum is fighting for the strap right?

Bojack Horseman -
jpm995 - 
Bojack Horseman -
Unkind Zuffa - 

You do know gastelum is fighting for the strap right?

We’re talking about Lee, at the 170 he’ll be a gatekeeper at best. If he can’t beat Al at 155 he’s not going to 170 and getting a belt. He never moved forward on Al, and he wasn’t the stronger puncher. I can see maybe 2 fighters in the top 15 at 170 that he might beat, but he doesn’t have Cowboys leg kicks, If he can’t move forward on Al what’s he gonna do at 170?