Khabib $6 million purse UFC 242

Per CNN, Khabib Nurmagomedov is finally being recognized by the UFC as it's resident superstar. His pay for the recent UFC 242 is a record six million dollars. This is a record purse for a UFC fighter who's opponent is not named Floyd Mayweather.

I'm kind of surprised that this supreme purse is hardly being discussed in the MMA world. I believe it speaks volumes about how important Khabib is to the the UFC. Now the card was in Abu Dhabi so who knows if  some massively wealthy Arab made sure their guy was not gonna rep the muslim world with some paltry paycheck and goosed the UFC to break the record, or if the UFC finally decided to show Khabib the respect a true champ deserves?

Here is his father:

"That sum (of $6 million) is excellent for us because we are the best at the moment," Abdulmanap said. "We have defeated the best and are ready to keep fighting with the best."

Congrats to Khabib for setting a new standard in UFC fighter purse.

This will eventually benefit all fighters on the roster.

Inshallah!

3 Likes

That's a lot of ham sandwiches. 

1 Like

i think i'd retire if i was him.

What are the chances he got paid more behind the scenes? Adesanya says the disclosed pay pales in comparison to what the actual pay is. 

A number of AKA dudes have said that Khabib is set for life, that he lives very, very well in Dagestan. And it hasn't even made a dent. any truth to that? 

1 Like

He deserves it

3 Likes
Uhtred Ragnarson -

What are the chances he got paid more behind the scenes? Adesanya says the disclosed pay pales in comparison to what the actual pay is. 

A number of AKA dudes have said that Khabib is set for life, that he lives very, very well in Dagestan. And it hasn't even made a dent. any truth to that? 

You have to imagine with him being so high on Forbes list for Russian Athletes, he probably owns a big share of that Russian sports market. He must have some lucrative sponsorships to say the least. Does anyone know if he is in any commecials out there? Haha. The thought of that is hilarious but I wouldn't be surprised.

1 Like
the_decimator -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

A number of AKA dudes have said that Khabib is set for life, that he lives very, very well in Dagestan. And it hasn't even made a dent. any truth to that?

You have to imagine with him being so high on Forbes list for Russian Athletes, he probably owns a big share of that Russian sports market. He must have some lucrative sponsorships to say the least. Does anyone know if he is in any commecials out there? Haha. The thought of that is hilarious but I wouldn't be surprised.

1 Like

CNN? Really?

1 Like
Stu Cazzo -

He deserves it

Completely agree. The UFC is very lucky that for a fighter at Khabib's level, he is very much a non diva, other than the McGregor fiasco. Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor have all been top dog at one point or the other and given the UFC massive headaches. Remember for his fight against Al Iaquinta, four different fighters stepped in at the last minute and Khabib accepted them all with no hesitation. Think about how he could have messed everything up with some new demands.

So I agree w Mr Cazzo, dude deserves this payday.

1 Like
stainlesssteel -
Stu Cazzo -

He deserves it

Completely agree. The UFC is very lucky that for a fighter at Khabib's level, he is very much a non diva, other than the McGregor fiasco. Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor have all been top dog at one point or the other and given the UFC massive headaches. Remember for his fight against Al Iaquinta, four different fighters stepped in at the last minute and Khabib accepted them all with no hesitation. Think about how he could have messed everything up with some new demands.

D'ye think he'll give you some?

touch -
the_decimator -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

A number of AKA dudes have said that Khabib is set for life, that he lives very, very well in Dagestan. And it hasn't even made a dent. any truth to that?

You have to imagine with him being so high on Forbes list for Russian Athletes, he probably owns a big share of that Russian sports market. He must have some lucrative sponsorships to say the least. Does anyone know if he is in any commecials out there? Haha. The thought of that is hilarious but I wouldn't be surprised.

I googled one and I'm not disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONx_tGCGwkM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/khabib-nurmagomedovs-net-worth-skyrocketed-19338237

"Khabib Nurmagomedov saw his net worth soar after his his brawl with Conor McGregor .

UFC 229 descended into a farce after Khabib defeated McGregor in their highly-anticipated meeting in the Octagon.

Following the fight, Khabib jumped outside of the Octagon to target Dillon Danis, McGregor's team-mate and friend, while other members of Khabib's team attacked McGregor.

The incident caused worldwide controversy and saw both men punished by the UFC.

But they do say that any publicity is good publicity - and that is exactly what was the case with Khabib.

The undefeated Degestani fighter became a household name overnight, even for those without an interest in mixed martial arts fighting.

Khabib was named as the highest-earning and most influential Russian sportsperson in 2019 in the summer.

Forbes claims that he now has a net worth now of $11.5million (£9.5m), which is nearly 10 times higher than it was before he stepped into the Octagon with McGregor.

At that point, it was thought his value was just $1million (£770,000).

From the McGregor fight, Khabib took home $2million (£1.6m) in prize money, but pay-per-view finances were still to be added to that total.

Since then, Khabib has signed lucrative commercial agreements and endorsements with the likes of Toyota and Gorilla Energy Drink, further bolstering his worth.

He has also now delved into the world of fight promotion and saw his name an branding 'Khabib' on a card for GFC 13 (Gorilla Fighting Championship) in July.

Khabib's net worth is still significantly smaller than McGregor's which is believed to be $110million (£91.5m).

Away from finances, Khabib has developed a very loyal fan base in Russia and he has now maintained a good relationship with the country's president Vladimir Putin."

Wonder how much of that will go toward a jihad.

1 Like
Soul Gravy - Wonder how much of that will go toward a jihad.

Beat me to it. Is Kadyrov affiliated with Hamas or Hezbollah? Or the Russian government? Nice to see we're letting the enemies of our country get rich off of us.

He will retire with more money than McGregor if Conor doesn't get his act together.  

BathtubwiththeBoiz -
stainlesssteel -
Stu Cazzo -

He deserves it

Read a book before trying to troll. You have to be smart or it just doesn't work out.

amazing fighter

BrckNoHitBk -
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
stainlesssteel -
Stu Cazzo -

He deserves it

Read a book before trying to troll. You have to be smart or it just doesn't work out.

My favorite type smackdown: casual throwaway brutality. 

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1172236549666291712

Shaw also mentioned that overall viewership for UFC 242 was trending towards similar numbers as UFC 229

GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -
Soul Gravy - Wonder how much of that will go toward a jihad.

Beat me to it. Is Kadyrov affiliated with Hamas or Hezbollah? Or the Russian government? Nice to see we're letting the enemies of our country get rich off of us.

Kadyrov is staunchly anti Islamist. Say what you want about the man, but he's committed to fighting jihad. Fairly certain that the lions share of Russian SOF fighting in Syria were of Chechen extraction. 

3 Likes