Khabib Carried Conor More Than Floyd

On top for 4.5 minutes in round 1 and didn’t bother striking or improving position. Just blanketed.

The best GNP guy in the game tees off on McGregor for a minute straight and couldn’t even break an Irishman’s skin

Could have taken Conor’s back multiple times and just didn’t

Stood in front of him for round 3

Khabib’s back must be sore from all that carrying.

He felt the lack of power in Conor's punches and knew he could toy with him. Conor was pretty well aware in the first minute of the first round that he wasn't going to dictate the fight. Khabib let him wonder when the end would come. Once Khabib knew the ref was going to overlook all the dirty tactics he decided he'd had enough and mercifully cranked the ever living fuck out of Conor's jaw to end the fight.

No, Kabib was more concerned with control and had to sacrifice some g&p to mantain control. I think Kabib took the first half of round 3 off to conserve energy for a five round fight. No way Kabib carried Conor, he hates him.

Tug Dabone - 

He felt the lack of power in Conor's punches and knew he could toy with him. Conor was pretty well aware in the first minute of the first round that he wasn't going to dictate the fight. Khabib let him wonder when the end would come. Once Khabib knew the ref was going to overlook all the dirty tactics he decided he'd had enough and mercifully cranked the ever living fuck out of Conor's jaw to end the fight.

This is how I saw it play out too.

Khabib looked like he was toying with a noob in practice.

At least I was right about the over.

Bobby Lupo - On top for 4.5 minutes in round 1 and didn't bother striking or improving position. Just blanketed.

The best GNP guy in the game tees off on McGregor for a minute straight and couldn’t even break an Irishman’s skin

Could have taken Conor’s back multiple times and just didn’t

Stood in front of him for round 3

Khabib’s back must be sore from all that carrying.

Lmao…He humiliated Conor for 4 rds and embarrassed him standing…HEY…SEND ME LOCATION

First round, Khabib apparently decided it was smarter to lay n pray. He conserved his energies and made sure to start the fight with winning r1. Also have to give credit to Conor for doing a decent job at not taking damage.

Second round, Khabib clearly let go that plan and went much harder on Conor. But this resulted in Khabib having much less energy in round 3, which gave Conor a chance to do decent in R3.

conor is great but this is why you can't talk so much shit before a fight

jpm995 - 

No, Kabib was more concerned with control and had to sacrifice some g&p to mantain control. I think Kabib took the first half of round 3 off to conserve energy for a five round fight. No way Kabib carried Conor, he hates him.

And to tire him. Classic strategy vs explosive strikers.

You guys are nuts LOL. There was no carrying here. Conor actually defended himself from damage pretty well on the ground. His grappling was pretty good. It’s just that Khabib’s is on one of the highest levels we’ve seen in the game.

I'm 100% positive that Floyd carried Conor. Khabib did not carry Conor last night. That was just very careful methodical dominance

Gartlin -

I'm 100% positive that Floyd carried Conor. Khabib did not carry Conor last night. That was just very careful methodical dominance

Conor’s grappling looked better than I thought it would, Khabib is just on another level 

Gartlin -

I'm not 100% down with Floyd carring Conor but it looked like he did. With Floyd you never know what he's up to and even said he did i wouldn't believe him, he's a wacko. The Kabib fight looked legit. Kabibs g&p couldnt stop Al why would he be able to finish Conor in 1?

jpm995 -
Gartlin -

I'm not 100% down with Floyd carring Conor but it looked like he did. With Floyd you never know what he's up to and even said he did i wouldn't believe him, he's a wacko. The Kabib fight looked legit. Kabibs g&p couldnt stop Al why would he be able to finish Conor in 1?

Conor showed improved defensive grappling. Khabib went for 3 takedowns in the 3rd round yet couldn't get him down. The UG needs to look at the fight and stats not making up conspiracy theories. I am sure if Khabib had landed a takedown in that 3rd round he would'e attempted to damage conor with gnp.

Sprawl'n'Stall -
jpm995 - 

And to tire him. Classic strategy vs explosive strikers.

You guys are nuts LOL. There was no carrying here. Conor actually defended himself from damage pretty well on the ground. His grappling was pretty good. It’s just that Khabib’s is on one of the highest levels we’ve seen in the game.

great post, UG is full of idiots.

Rewatch the first round. Khabib did nothing in four And a half minutes on top of the worst grappler in high level mma. In the second round during 60 straight seconds of gnp, Khabib hit the canvas more than Conor. 

Conor was flat from the opening bell. His footwork was like Chris Leben’s and he put nothing on his punches. 

He wasnt going to let Conor up. He was going to wear on him and give him zero chance to stand. Conor has crappy cardio and can’t wrestle.

Why take chances and give space for Conor to use his explosiveness to stand back up?  

That wasnt carrying. That was well thought out and methodical.