Khabib confirms he declined recent Georges St-Pierre fight offer:

LAS VEGAS ā€“ Khabib Nurmagomedov is retired. Heā€™s said it time and time again. However, UFC president Dana Whiteā€™s persistence to persuade the former lightweight champion out of retirement has continued into the summer of 2021.

In a May appearance on Mike Tysonā€™s podcast, Nurmagomedovā€™s manager Ali Abdelaziz revealed White recently placed on the table an extremely high-profile and lucrative offer to fight Georges St-Pierre. Despite the zeroes on the contract, Nurmagomedov (29-0) turned it down.

ā€œHe sent me a message and said, ā€˜Hey, Georges St-Pierre wants to fight with you,ā€™ā€ Nurmagomedov told MMA Junkie on Monday. ā€œI said, ā€˜What can I do?ā€™ I donā€™t know. Iā€™m finished, you know? I think Georges is finished, too, you know. Let this guy be a legend. Heā€™s 40 years old and I donā€™t understand why he has to fight. I think he has money, too. Iā€™m finished. Iā€™m really finished.ā€

ā€œ(Thereā€™s) always (going to) be there something superior ā€“ more powerful ā€“ than we have,ā€ Nurmagomedov told MMA Junkie on Monday. ā€œSometimes when people become, ā€˜Iā€™m this, I can do this. Iā€™m smart because Iā€™m strong.ā€™ God always going to make you humble. I saw yesterday or two days ago, I saw his coachā€™s interview like, ā€˜I donā€™t understand how this happened. Heā€™s a strong young, strong man and he broke his foot, I donā€™t understand.ā€™ Everything from God. You have to become humble. When you become rich, when you become strong, when you become famous and then you think this is because of myself? God going to make you humble.ā€

2 Likes

Word !

sure seems like GSP misses competing

1 Like

Why would Khabib want to come back and get the shit beat out of him?

6 Likes

probably hadnā€™t agreed, just egg cooking up numbers and makinā€™ calls.

I think itā€™s all Dana. I donā€™t see GSPcaloing anyone out

Big fan of both & GSP takes him

3 Likes

Khabib knows he canā€™t beat GSP. Why come back just to lose to a fighter a weight class above you? He doesnā€™t need the money

2 Likes

Must be needing name fighters bad right now.

Might be time, to give in to Jones.

1 Like

Yep. Thatā€™s a duck. I suspect he didnā€™t want to end up 29-1. Ironically, heā€™s now 29-1ā€¦ 29-0-0-1 if you want to be technical about it, but I suspect everyone knows what 29-1 means.

1 Like