Khabib GOAT discussion

Ok, where does he fit on the list at this point?

Discuss...

no.1 easy

1 Like

Jesus you guys need to cut it out with this GOAT shit for ALL fighters

3 Likes

He needs to beat Tony convincingly first.....

Darth Potato -

Why?.... it's been an interesting topic of debate way before you joined the UG lol...jk... but seriously... it's fun to discuss at times

inf0 - no.1 easy

Really?... so better than Silva, GSP, Fedor?

UGCTT_Nightkap -
Darth Potato -

Why?.... it's been an interesting topic of debate way before you joined the UG lol

He's right. Its fucking stupid how often GOAT is brought up. Its used waaay to liberally. 

1 Like
effertime -
UGCTT_Nightkap -
Darth Potato -

Why?.... it's been an interesting topic of debate way before you joined the UG lol

He's right. Its fucking stupid how often GOAT is brought up. Its used waaay to liberally. 

Do you honestly not think that he belongs in the debate?   it gets debated in pretty much every sport so I don't know why we can't debate it here.

He needs to at least clear out his division 

1 Like
Carlas_Singlet -

He needs to at least clear out his division 

Yep. This is the most obvious answer. Can't be classed as GOAT until you actually fight your biggest challenger. 

Fedor and Jones wouldn't be GOATs if they hadn't fought Nog and DC. 

He is headed that way. If he can keep winning and stay active for a couple more years...Would become a tough choice between him and GSP.

Obviously there is still Fedor, Jones, A. Silva ect. to be considered.

Khabib will never be a 2 weight champ like Conor

He has 2 title defenses (only 1 if you wanna talk lineal champs) ... He's got a ways to go. 

The Lion King - 

Khabib will never be a 2 weight champ like Conor

Conor has never been near goat status at anything, other than somehow talking his way into large paydays.

Although he may be the goat at being over-rated.

chupecabre - 

He has 2 title defenses (only 1 if you wanna talk lineal champs) ... He's got a ways to go. 

2 more than Conor has even attempted :slight_smile:

That would be delusional talk to consider him GOAT. Out of that 28-0 record, how many were top 10 guys? Maybe 6 or 7, possibly 8? - Perhaps not even that many.

Outside of his fights in the UFC, I have no idea who the fook the guys are that he has wins over. It's one of the most padded records I've ever seen outside of boxing. 

Go down that list of names for yourself and don't be a dick rider, be honest,... who the fuck is KADZHIK ABADZHYAN? He's 3-6... There's a bunch of those type wins on his record. 

Look through it yourself... I'm not hating, just stating facts. He's a good wrestler, what he does works well, but he is not GOAT of shit.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Khabib-Nurmagomedov-56035

AngryGerbil -

That would be delusional talk to consider him GOAT. Out of that 28-0 record, how many were top 10 guys? Maybe 6 or 7, possibly 8? - Perhaps not even that many.

Outside of his fights in the UFC, I have no idea who the fook the guys are that he has wins over. It's one of the most padded records I've ever seen outside of boxing. 

Go down that list of names for yourself and don't be a dick rider, be honest,... who the fuck is KADZHIK ABADZHYAN? He's 3-6... There's a bunch of those type wins on his record. 

Look through it yourself... I'm not hating, just stating facts. He's a good wrestler, what he does works well, but he is not GOAT of shit.

I didn't say that he was...

But he looks about as unbeatable as any fighter I have ever seen in there.  When Anderson Silva first came in, it was always the next guy was going to beat him.  I remember the hype around Dan Henderson because he was going to be the powerful wrestler that was going to be Silva's Kryptonite...nope.  

Same conversation will start being had with khabib and whoever he's fighting next.  

All I'm saying is Khabib looks completely Unstoppable and I just wanted to see what people thought.  

1 Like

hes the GOAT at lightweight. no one can deny that, drinking serious haterade if you do

1 Like
RdotC -
chupecabre - 

2 more than Conor has even attempted :slight_smile:

I’ve never claimed Conor was GOAT? Don’t know what you’re getting at. 

AngryGerbil -

I don't necessarily disagree, but you seem to be discounting what he actually did to those people in the octagon. He's on a different level to everyone he's fought