Khabib isn't even close to GOAT status. Not even top 5

-He’s only fought 13 times in the span of 8 years in the UFC
-He’s only defended the LW belt 3 times after winning it from Al Iaquinta.
-He’s never moved up a division
-The only difficult stylistic matchup he’s had was Justin Gaejthe. But other than that he’s never fought an elite wrestler or an elite BJJ ace like Olivera (do you honestly think someone like Olivera is going to let Khabib just tie his legs together and hold him on the ground?). It’s all been elite strikers with minimal takedown defense/BJJ or just overall well rounded fighters. Never elite BJJ or elite wrestling (although Gaejthe was the first real strong wrestler he’s faced)

How does that make you the “GOAT” tell me.

15 Likes

Yeah he was undefeated but not the goat.

3 Likes

Not even top 10 realistically

2 Likes

Khabib is the GOAT… deal with it

2 Likes

Also Charles has no chance against Khabib lol… don’t even kid yourselves

Didn’t Frankie knock his ass out a while ago

2 Likes

Easy agree…khabib’s competition was so so.

Good skills, lotta hype but quit early like a coward cause scared to lose his 0.

2 Likes

Great arguments numbskull

6 Likes

I agree. You don’t get in the GOAT conversation with just 3 title defences. A long dominant run as champ is a key criteria for me. GSP, Silva, Fedor, Jones, Johnson, Aldo, they were dominant champs for an extended period of time.

Khabibs great but we’ll never get to know how he stacks up against the all time greats if he stays retired.

2 Likes

He is the lightweight goat this point that is pretty undebatable and lightweight has the biggest talent pool.

There are so many factors that go into this. Personally I still have Anderson at the top his level of competition isn’t close to some of the other goats but it’s just the way he made some of these guys look that does it for me.

Agreed, not even close.

Modern day Rickson?!

Can’t say he’s the GOAT but can’t say he isn’t either.

Did calling Khabib a coward make ur worthless life any better?

1 Like

This is a serious business argument…people will lose sleep and possibly relationships with friends over this great divide…

Carry on

Definitely a great fighter. Resume doesn’t add up to GOAT status. Arguably the best offensive wrestling in MMA though. Was spectacular in that area and his improvements in striking were remarkable too. He just didn’t stick around long enough to cement a legacy. He left too many unanswered questions.

Not even in the GOAT Convo

No doubt he COULD have been the GOAT or one of the legit mentions, but he retired too soon. Potential and real accomplishments are two different things, that some of the fanboys like it or not.

He chose likely a great decision for his personal life, but not for his “MMA legacy”. It is what it is.

1 Like

I’d argue BJ Penn could be seen above Khabib, especially considering he moved up and beat the arguably 170 GOAT, Matt Hughes.

He could be in the talks for best LW fighter in UFC history… but even then he’s up against guys like Benson, BJ, and Edgar.

GSP, Silva and Jones have as many title defenses as Khabib has fights in the UFC.

1 Like

Although I agree that he is not in the GOAT discussion, the predictability and dominance of his style adds an “X-Factor” to his resume, in my opinion. Physically unimposing (relatively speaking), calm as a cucumber, and nearly won every round he ever fought.

Not the GOAT, but worthy of mention in all-time great LWs.

“Like a coward”

Lol, if only he could be as tough as you, and stay in the UFC undefeated as long as you did. Fucking nonce.

1 Like