Khabib vs Holloway = Danger for the UFC

http://www.mississaugaelite.com/this-ufc-thing-is-out-of-control/

2012 i was sitting in the Zuffa fighters summit listening to LT talk about drug use and gambling when it dawned on me the UFC was being sold lol. I no longer really tweet but at the time Zuffa was pushing that social media for fighters so i tweeted 

ZUFFA is packaging the UFC for sale... People swore i was crazy and thats cool years later i was proven correct. Not sure if that counts for anything but Again my intuition is ringing like crazy.

We are talking spider sense on 100!!! here guys this upcoming fight Khabib vs Holloway fight is BAD news for the sport in a huge way.

my breakdown and some bad ass footage backing up what im

saying is here ----->>>>> http://www.mississaugaelite.com/this-ufc-thing-is-out-of-control/

summary

1- Khabib is NOT a "Wrestler" but will still out grapple Max

2- Max is the better striker at a distance but won't control it enough imo if Barbosa couldnt 

3- Max holloway is a real G for taking this fight but doesnt need it & also why his management should have held him back from it.

4-  UFC musta have paid A shit load of money for this fight to happen congrats on the pay day MAX

5- Titles officially mean nothing as there 3 unbeaten lightweigth champs come this fight

Tell me if im wrong guys

Never go full retard.

If Khabib wins,  no way does he defend it in september like egg was saying

ShanTheMan -

Is that when Ramadan is? Idk when it is

Lol very rarely if ever has the underground agreed to such a large degree about anything.

Max is well respected and it is a fight so could theoretically win but there are just a million reasons why to let this one pass

+
Looks like the new ufc owners are going full on sport entertainment vs legit sports which is thier prerogative I guess but also a big reason why bellator is picking up steam

Claude Patrick - Lol very rarely if ever has the underground agreed to such a large degree about anything.

Max is well respected and it is a fight so could theoretically win but there are just a million reasons why to let this one pass

+
Looks like the new ufc owners are going full on sport entertainment vs legit sports which is thier prerogative I guess but also a big reason why bellator is picking up steam

There's probably $million$+ reasons to take this fight. Can never predict the future so getting paid when you can, especially when injuries are so prevalent, is a no brainer, imho.

Ramadan is over in mid-june this year so he would have time

RicGillespie - 
Claude Patrick - Lol very rarely if ever has the underground agreed to such a large degree about anything.

+

There's probably $million$+ reasons to take this fight. Can never predict the future so getting paid when you can, especially when injuries are so prevalent, is a no brainer, imho.

you are to a degree correct but if you check out my breakdown i do see that point but also recognize khabib changes the course of careers.

taking that many shots the head in 1 fight isnt good.

the combo of max being a solid chinned guy and khabib not being the hardest hitter GnP wise probably results in a sustained beatdown which might be worse that a quick ko or sub overall career wise.

there are a lot of soldiers who showed heart stuck it out in fights thier corner should have thrown in the towel because after the guy is damaged goods "respectfully"

Good thread, Claude. Today I agree with your assessment. The only thing that could change everything is if Max had a full camp. Then he could possibly just make this a boxing match for 5 rounds and pot shot from distance. (No knees or kicks so Khabib doesn't get a leg)

Claude, did you retire? You have a great record.

No-one with an once of critical thought sees this as anything other than a complete fucking mess of a disaster. Not even the WBA in boxing have things THIS fucked up.

Posted this on another thread before I saw this one:

The UFC are 100% responsible for this shit show. They book a fight in a main even slot that has fallen out three times before, yet don't have someone on stand-by ready to fill in on short notice. If they didn't think Chiesa, Felder, Iaquinta or Pettis had the profile to replace Khabib then they should have replaced one of those fights with another LW fight. Porier and Gaethje are fighting in two weeks; Eddie Alvarez is sitting at home picking his hole waiting for a fight to be booked and openly stated he was staying ready in case someone dropped out of this fight. 

Now they are putting on a 'title fight' that doesn't involve their LW champion, or their interim LW champion. It's being contested between a guy who holds no belt in the division, and their FW champ who is taking the fight on 6 days notice, who pulled out of a fight a month ago with an injury, appears not to have been training, and is facing a dangerous weight cut to even make it to the cage. This is nonsensical, and dangerously irresponsible.

I would love to see Holloway fight Khabib in a normal situation. This card went from an exemplar of good, merit based matchmaking to a damning illustration of just how off the rails the organisation is. Sure the Fertitta's left a bit of a house of cards, but culling massive numbers of staff and losing the real decision makers has left the UFC in complete dissarray.

ShanTheMan -

Pretty sure it was the plan to have Khabib fight in December all along, win or lose, as the UFC is hosting their first Moscow card that month, are they not?

From one former Mississauga guy to another, good to see you post Claude! You should do a thread on the taser incident you went through in Quebec. I'd be interested in hearing more details about that.

ajsr - 

Posted this on another thread before I saw this one:

The UFC are 100% responsible for this shit show. They book a fight in a main even slot that has fallen out three times before, yet don't have someone on stand-by ready to fill in on short notice. If they didn't think Chiesa, Felder, Iaquinta or Pettis had the profile to replace Khabib then they should have replaced one of those fights with another LW fight. Porier and Gaethje are fighting in two weeks; Eddie Alvarez is sitting at home picking his hole waiting for a fight to be booked and openly stated he was staying ready in case someone dropped out of this fight. 

Now they are putting on a 'title fight' that doesn't involve their LW champion, or their interim LW champion. It's being contested between a guy who holds no belt in the division, and their FW champ who is taking the fight on 6 days notice, who pulled out of a fight a month ago with an injury, appears not to have been training, and is facing a dangerous weight cut to even make it to the cage. This is nonsensical, and dangerously irresponsible.

I would love to see Holloway fight Khabib in a normal situation. This card went from an exemplar of good, merit based matchmaking to a damning illustration of just how off the rails the organisation is. Sure the Fertitta's left a bit of a house of cards, but culling massive numbers of staff and losing the real decision makers has left the UFC in complete dissarray.

hate to admit it but you seem to be right i hadnt really even broke it down mentally that way..

and Khabib with a belt come December in Moscow sells for sure

Win or lose, Max is a badass for stepping up.

Everyone is talking about how this is lose-lose for Max, but I disagree.

He CAN win, probably won't, but if he does being a 2 division champion puts him in rare air and his marketability skyrockets.

If he loses, he still has his title, largely untarnished with a loss to someone above his weight class, greater name recognition, and the good graces of the UFC. He also will likely not get damaged too badly from the hugs and suplays, and be able to defend against T City in the near future.

Props to Max for sacking up.

Max has the 'old school' thinking about fighting. Just fight. Against anyone, anytime. It may not be the best career wise but it's debateable. In this day and age of cherry picking opponents, needing 6 months to prep for a specific opponent, and cutting 3 weight classes its refreshing to see fighters like Max. He does have a shot here, he's an underdog but has a legit shot.

the great thing about an interim belt, is its just a place holder. it has no real significance. therefore, if holloway and khabib make weight and this fight is the real belt, as they say, fergusons placeholder is removed and conor gets stripped for inactivity, his boxing match doesnt count as it has no bearing on his UFC belt, and the problem is fixed. 

if holloway wins this fight, he becomes a legend. first, he has to be the first person to beat khabib. becomes the second person to hold 2 belts at once and the only person to hold 2 belts at once and actually have defended a belt. the fact that we all know he is or was injured a month ago, and appears to be limping in an airport video, would make his story even more impressive. he's already beaten a former 155lb champ, already beaten a legendary 145lb champ and he's on a 12 fight win streak.

I dont care about his weight because he's the 145lb champ. if he cant make 155 on short notice, then 145 is too small for him, even with a camp. i literally just lost over 12 lbs in a week, not cutting, with very little exercise, from cleaning up my diet. So, if Holloway, is really working to lose the weight, it shouldnt be much of a problem on 6 days. will he be miserable? yes, but he can do it.

having said all of that, i still think khabib wins. max will need to finish khabib in the opening minute of one of the five rounds, before khabib closes the distance and rag dolls him.

Jake Thomas -

the great thing about an interim belt, is its just a place holder. it has no real significance. therefore, if holloway and khabib make weight and this fight is the real belt, as they say, fergusons placeholder is removed and conor gets stripped for inactivity, his boxing match doesnt count as it has no bearing on his UFC belt, and the problem is fixed. 

if holloway wins this fight, he becomes a legend. first, he has to be the first person to beat khabib. becomes the second person to hold 2 belts at once and the only person to hold 2 belts at once and actually have defended a belt. the fact that we all know he is or was injured a month ago, and appears to be limping in an airport video, would make his story even more impressive. he's already beaten a former 155lb champ, already beaten a legendary 145lb champ and he's on a 12 fight win streak.

I dont care about his weight because he's the 145lb champ. if he cant make 155 on short notice, then 145 is too small for him, even with a camp. i literally just lost over 12 lbs in a week, not cutting, with very little exercise, from cleaning up my diet. So, if Holloway, is really working to lose the weight, it shouldnt be much of a problem on 6 days. will he be miserable? yes, but he can do it.

having said all of that, i still think khabib wins. max will need to finish khabib in the opening minute of one of the five rounds, before khabib closes the distance and rag dolls him.

That's a great post, but does the UFC have the balls to outright strip Conor of his belt?

yeah, I wouldnt worry about Max

Kareem is about to get KTFO