Khabib vs prime Matt Hughes @165

Would Matt be too big for Khabib? Both great wrestlers but Matt had slightly better hands.

my guess would be Hughes by UD

When Matt and Mark were growing up they would pound each other behind the barn. Khabib would do just fine.

I think matt was a little quicker and maybe too big. Unlimited cardio, and possibly better subs. Never thought I’d say this, but matt has better hands. I think matt takes a decision

Hughes, but who knows how much of that is nostalgia speaking. Matt seemed to be stronger. Khabib is no joke off his back though. Would be an incredible fight.

Matty boy takes this. 

Matt had no hands. His striking was terrible. But he was a wrestling machine with exceptional top pressure and passing. It would be a great fight.

Prime Hughes is way too big

Prime Hughes with USADA in place or no?

CRE -

Hughes, but who knows how much of that is nostalgia speaking. Matt seemed to be stronger. Khabib is no joke off his back though. Would be an incredible fight.

Damn.

How is Khabib’s wrestling defense? Has anyone tried taking him down? 

I recall Tibau beating him with a mixture of striking and wrestling

danybayamon23 -
CRE -

Damn.

Tibau stood against the cage the entire fight resisting the takedown. If that's what you call beating Khabib with a mixture of striking and wrestling then ok.

touch -
danybayamon23 -
CRE -

Damn.

Tibau stood against the cage the entire fight resisting the takedown. If that's what you call beating Khabib with a mixture of striking and wrestling then ok.

Dude it was a fight from like six years ago so I don’t remember much

calm your panties down

danybayamon23 -
touch -
danybayamon23 -
CRE -

Damn.

calm your panties down

I'm calm and collected, comrade

touch -
danybayamon23 -
touch -
danybayamon23 -
CRE -

Damn.

calm your panties down

Cool. Amigos?

danybayamon23 -
touch -
danybayamon23 -
touch -
danybayamon23 -
CRE -

Damn.

calm your panties down

Cool. Amigos?

Cierto.

Prime Matt Hughes got beaten by guys but not those with Khabib's limited skills.  IMO Matt pounds out a UD.

Surprised so many people are saying Hughes had better striking than Khabib, not that Khabib is Badh Hari, but Matt’s striking got him finished a couple times.

Siciliano di Brooklyn - Surprised so many people are saying Hughes had better striking than Khabib, not that Khabib is Badh Hari, but Matt's striking got him finished a couple times.

He really started to show some good hands at the end of his career, but the chin was already gone. He pieced up Koschek for a good while there

Khabib was 22 when he fought Tibau.

He smashes Hughes, he has much better standup and he is a better wrestler.

Hughes takes it I think.

I think Hughes takes him down, G & P.  Probably subs him honestly.