Khabib wasn’t that good

Usman isn’t held in as high regard as Hughes (yet) so it would be more apples to apples if he did to GSP what Penn did to Hughes.

You can almost argue it would be like Khabib going up to MW and doing the same since Khabib is essentially WW size. I think BJ and Hughes are both 5’9" but BJ is super chub at 170 where Hughes is rock solid. I think Khabib and GSP are both 5’10" and i think closer in prime fighitng weights. However, Khabib did make 155 so if you make the weight, you make the weight.

LMAO at Hughes was shot at that time. Why dont you just say “i dont know shit” out loud.
While its just as quickly available to you, here is Hughes’ streak that he was on prior to the BJ loss. He was where GSP and Usman were in the division at the time. In fact, looking back at it now, he had essentially cleaned out the division by then by beating the next best 4WWs at the time: Trigg, Sherk, Sakurai and Newton (x2) and finished them all except Sherk.

Seriously, why would you want to embarass yourself like this?

Loss 35–4 B.J. Penn Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC 46 January 31, 2004 1 4:39 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Lost the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 35–3 Frank Trigg Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC 45 November 21, 2003 1 3:54 Uncasville, Connecticut, United States Defended the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 34–3 Sean Sherk Decision (unanimous) UFC 42 April 25, 2003 5 5:00 Miami, Florida, United States Defended the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 33–3 Gil Castillo TKO (doctor stoppage) UFC 40 November 22, 2002 1 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Defended the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 32–3 Carlos Newton TKO (punches) UFC 38 July 13, 2002 4 3:27 London, England Defended the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 31–3 Hayato Sakurai TKO (punches) UFC 36 March 22, 2002 4 3:01 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Defended the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 30–3 Carlos Newton KO (slam) UFC 34 November 2, 2001 2 1:27 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Won the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 29–3 Steve Gomm TKO (punches) Extreme Challenge 43 September 8, 2001 2 3:18 Orem, Utah, United States
Win 28–3 Hiromitsu Kanehara Decision (majority) Rings: 10th Anniversary August 11, 2001 3 5:00 Tokyo, Japan
Win 27–3 Chatt Lavender Submission (arm-triangle choke) Extreme Challenge 41 July 13, 2001 3 2:31 Davenport, Iowa, United States
Win 26–3 Scott Johnson KO (punch) Extreme Challenge 40 June 16, 2001 1 3:24 Springfield, Illinois, United States
Win 25–3 John Cronk TKO (submission to punches) Gladiators 14 May 11, 2001 1 N/A Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Win 24–3 Bruce Nelson Submission (guillotine choke) Freestyle Combat Challenge 4 March 31, 2001 1 3:01 Racine, Wisconsin, United States
Win 23–3 Brett Al-azzawi Submission (armbar) Rings USA: Battle of Champions March 17, 2001 1 3:27 Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States
3 Likes

Definitely shot

There is def an arguement Usman is now the #2 WW GOAT.

Not a real one. Look at what Hughes did. He is still a significant distance from Usman.

Hughes, at the time was the greatest WW ever and in his prime.

1 Like

Yeah… no real argument.

Usman would def have trouble beating BJ Penn, Frank Trigg, Matt Serra, Sean Seark, Chris Lytle, Carlos Newton, and a 23 year old GSP :joy:

Good to read it.

Usman destroys Khabib in 1 round. Khabib doesn’t get past the punches, let alone gets him on the ground. Usman is a complete fighter, Khabib is more like Ben Askrin.

He won the vacant title against Ferguson.

Then beat Chandler, Porier and Justin

Thats a 3 pack.

Khabib-lust has made you retarded.

2 Likes

Embarrassing when you try to correct someone when you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

He won the vacant title from Chandler, defended once against Dustin and then was stripped of his title after losing to the scale.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

The Office Reaction GIF

Usman has ONE first round finish in the ufc. :thinking:

That’s how bad Khabib is. One trick pony.

When everyone knows what that one trick is and still can’t stop it…it’s a hall of fame career.

3 Likes

You don’t know that. He never tried to fight someone with a high level ground game.

I know that he is a one trick pony. I know that no one stopped it. I know that he had a hall of fame career. Hell everything he did was too as much perfection as, arguably, anyone has done it. What did he lose? 2 rounds in 29 professional fights?!

To me, Khabib is like Vince Lombardi’s Packers back in the day … this is what we are going to do, nothing fancy, no trick plays … now try to stop it. No one stopped the Packers and no one stopped Khabib. Everyone knew to stay off the fence, avoid trips, strike from a distance, never stop moving, don’t grapple with him, control the center … but no one did these things, perhaps because they couldn’t.

2 Likes

Other than Olivera though, who was there at 155 to fight? The Ferguson fight was cursed, he dominated RDA, Dariush wasn’t the level he is now so they never crossed paths. You can’t honestly think someone like Gillespie would have had anything for him just because of having good wrestling. 155 doesn’t have the elite grapplers 145 and 170 do and Khabib dominated. Maybe it was a favorable point in time for him but thems the brakes.

1 Like