Khabib's home village (pic)

StrikingMMA -
touch - 
Rambo John J -

That is amazing

what is the elevation

1880 m, that's six thousand feet

Beautiful view and quaint village.

Elevation is like Colorado Springs, USA.

Colorado Springs

Municipality in Colorado

Elevation: 6,035?

Sildi

Area 2,820 km²

Height 1,880 m

UTC time zone + 3

Population 178 people (2019)

Density 0.06 people / km²

Growing up, Khabib moved from this village to a bigger 3,000 people village. According to his Dad:

"Khabib started walking on the wrestling mat," says Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. - We then lived in the village of Kirovaul, I trained 18 village children in our two-story house: we lived on the second floor, and on the first I arranged a garage, a tea room and a gym of 6 by 10 meters. Habib was constantly with me, crawling around the hall, and it is not surprising that he took the first steps on the tatami. By the age of five, he knew all the basic exercises, all wrestling acrobatics: he made the bridge, did runs, climbed the rope. His Brother Magomed, who is two years older, sometimes was beaten by Khabib in push-ups, pull-ups.

When the wrestlers ceased to fit in the home gym, Abdulmanap sold four bulls and equipped a spacious hall in the school. As a result, Kirovaul, with a population of about 3,000 people, gave martial arts 36 masters of sports, eight international masters of sports, two honored masters of sports and four honored trainers of Russia.

- Habib's base - freestyle wrestling, judo and combat sambo. I wanted him to stay in judo because it is an Olympic sport. But he was so dedicated to mixed martial arts, he only talked about how he would perform in the UFC, " says Abdulmanap.

Awesome 

Nice that they keep the shrubbery around for a place to shit and piss

Didn't he move to the capital as a young kid?

Looks like the real life equivolent of The Shire from Lord of the Rings.

1 Like

No wonder he's so good. There's nothing to do there. 

So he's been training at altitude for his whole life. Reminds me of being in Peru. Beautiful place. 

Send me location

1 Like

Beautiful, but where are the damn trees?

I live at 6500 feet. Living there in and of itself will do nothing for your cardio.

Though starting here and going up to 11,000 feet gets me in shape far quicker, than running down in the valley at 4500 feet.

I wonder why the houses are built in to the mountain and not in the valley instead?  Dide it serve as some historical military advantage or something?  Looks like the houses are about to fall down.  That is intense.  Probably not many fat people, having to walk up all those stairs.

touch - 
StrikingMMA -
touch - 
Rambo John J -

That is amazing

what is the elevation

Colorado Springs

Municipality in Colorado

Sildi

Area 2,820 km²

Height 1,880 m

UTC time zone + 3

I mentioned Colorado springs, because that’s where the USA’s Olympic training center is located. That’s where our athletes get training at a higher elevation.

touch -
Carlas_Singlet -

I bet they get a gnarly winter

Didn't Batman train there?

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Mountain life is tough and breeds tough people. 

Just watch out for Urkin the town rapist. Naughty naughty. 

1 Like
StrikingMMA -
touch - 
StrikingMMA -
touch - 
Rambo John J -

That is amazing

what is the elevation

Colorado Springs

Municipality in Colorado

Sildi

Area 2,820 km²

Height 1,880 m

UTC time zone + 3

I mentioned Colorado springs, because that’s where the USA’s Olympic training center is located. That’s where our athletes get training at a higher elevation.

Alrighty

The sheep there are gorgeous. 

It looks nice from that distance with the beautiful mountains but once you set foot on the ground it's a completely different shit hole story! 

reminds me of

Muslim Village?

Regardless, it's a beautiful area. Probably add it on my bucket list on places to visit