Khalil knee stomp

Interesting to see that almost every pro fighters comment was negative toward that strike.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/9/4/22657515/ufc-vegas-36-pros-react-to-khalil-rountrees-grisly-knee-shredding-tko-of-modestas-bukauskas

I understand both sides of the argument. I know it’s legal and it’s a fight Khalil needed to win. That said Khalil was destroying him anyway, it sucks to see a 27 year old guy potentially have permanent knee damage now

2 Likes

Not using every legal technique is worse.

5 Likes

What does that even mean. Not using the stomp is worse than his knee getting fucked?

8 Likes

It means every fighter should use any legal technique to win. Not using a potential fight winning technique because some low test fans and fighters cry about it is the worst option with the least Budo.

9 Likes

Can’t really argue with that. However I don’t think fans have low testosterone because they don’t want people to get badly hurt. Even if they are MMA fans

4 Likes

Then change the rule, pussy.

1 Like

There’s been a bit of controversy about this technique though it remains 100% legal and until that changes I don’t have a problem with fighters using it

That said, until now it hasn’t really wrecked somebody’s knee (or possibly career?) on a big stage

It might give cause for the governing bodies to re-examine the rules

10 Likes

Anyone have a gif or video? I’m not watching that fucking bullshit OP posted.

1 Like

You’re real cool on the internet aren’t you?

So hard. So edgy.

12 Likes

It’s not a video. Just the screenshots of the fighters comments but fair enough.

14 Likes

Thats brutal.

5 Likes
2 Likes

They should probably take a look at that kick specifically. I would have no problem with that kick being banned

20 Likes

Since 1993, how many knees have been damaged by this kick? And how many knees have been damaged by leg locks?

If you ban this kick will you ban knee bars and heel hooks?

15 Likes

Yeah nope. Fuck that. We’ll see more of it now much like we saw the rise of the calf kick.

1 Like

This is a valid point. Can’t just ban stuff because it is dangerous. I don’t have the answer honestly. At the risk of being called a homo I’d almost like to see it stay legal but just be frowned upon

2 Likes

So odd.

The entire purpose of that strike is to do what he did so to go over and wish a speedy recovery is just awkward.

6 Likes

If it’s illegal in Muay Thai the striking sport that allows kicks and all MMA striking is based off of why would it be legal in mma? It should be banned just like the wrestling moves that are banned in wrestling are banned in mma. For example spiking an opponent on their neck in a takedown. Like a wwe move. they are immediately dangerous, there is no chance to tap out either for the retards comparing it to a heel hook or knee bar

23 Likes

It was a well timed and well executed technique. I approve.

8 Likes