Khalil knee stomp

One of the best kickers in the ufc/mma history told me he won’t throw this kick cause he thinks it should be illegal. Like it is in the MT. For obvious reasons. It isn’t hard to see that it is if you actually train. Or have. It is hard for me to understand why fighters are outspoken about it tho. For years it was Greg Jackson fighters only and almost all of them like it was a gym thing. Everyone else probably finally said fuck it if they are gonna do it we’re doin it back. That’s my guess l.

Britney Spears Yes GIF

8 Likes

that kick fucked Modestus’ life and robbed the fans of a fight. For what? Are you pro-kick guys happy now? muppets.

Leglocks are only as dangerous if the guy is unconscious. Otherwise the poor cunt gets more than half a second to defend… plus they can tap. So fuck that argument to hell. Never raise it again.

Punches to the head are more damaging etc ban them too - another fuckwitted argument. Punches and kicks to the head are the main event of fighting. Such an exhilarating thing that we all think this is worth it.

Why then add to the danger fighters face, by allowing such an uninspiring kick that can ruin a career immediately. It’s not entertaining to see that unravel, is it?

Surely if that kick is worth keeping, it must carry with it such a weight of responsibility to be entertaining. Otherwise why risk another injury like this?

If you want this kick to stay please follow Modestus on insta for the next year or so. Ring him up, ask him how he’s doing. Stay in touch with what you think it’s worth fighters going through.

Seriously, think about that fucking injury

4 Likes

MMA isn’t a street fight. There are some techniques like eye gouging that we ban for the safety of the fighters. Techniques that have a high percentage to create long-term injury like that specific kick I think should be banned. I injured my knee like that in judo a few years back when someone’s weight came all the way down on the side of my knee. It’s fucking brutal. Tore the shit out of my ligaments.

I’d have zero problem with it being banned.

10 Likes

It’s not frequently used like it was last night. Maybe it’ll become more popular. Without knowing the extent of his injuries, clear difference to heelhooks is obviously heelhooks you can tap out to. Unless your opponent is Palhares and does 't care.

2 Likes

Seems like 9/10 comments on insta and Facebook are all against the strike. I’m guessing it’s not 100% because of the strike itself but more the context of how it went down yesterday.

2 Likes

Ban it. It’s a shitty way to see a fight end and has lasting consequences for the fighter.

6 Likes

that’s how the kick designed to go down. the kick that ruins everything

2 Likes

There’s way too much shit you’re not allowed to do already in modern MMA. Arguing that kicks to the knee should be illegal is equivalent to saying heel hooks and knee bars are too dangerous. Tally up the amount of knees that have been damaged from those vs kicks to the knees. The heel hook is the most dangerous leg lock there is. By the time you feel enough pain to tap, there’s already damage to the knee. Let’s just ban that, too. While you’re at it, let’s ban kicks and punches to the head because they cause brain damage. Let’s just not have combat sports at all. I guess some people have forgotten that the entire object of the contest is to damage your opponent more than he damages you. Everyone who gets in the cage knows there’s huge risk for injury and they accept that risk. Why can’t you?

Oh, and this was the first knee stomp TKO in UFC history out of who knows how many thousands of fights. You’re suggesting it be banned because it finally worked for someone?

2 Likes

You can’t kneebahh, fuck you, you gotta be fuckin kidding me, you can’t kneebahh? I’m gonna submit you and you fuckin cry?

2 Likes

It should be banned, too much of a chance of the knee being damaged. Same goes for heel hooks, they fuck up the knee. Strikes to the head should be banned as well, too much chance of CTE like we’ve seen with guys like Goodridge and probably Miller and Baroni for instance. We’ve seen too many guys recently break their legs from throwing leg kicks including MMA’s biggest star McGregor so those should be banned as well. Cyborg Santos’ head injury shows knees to the head can lead to a gruesome injury so that should be banned. And how many arm bar breaks do we need to see before those are finally banned?

1 Like

It ended the guy’s career?

Khalil Roundtree should be getting celebrated and congratulated instead of having his win spoiled by the crybabies and haters acting like he did some dirty or unsportsmanlike move. He threw the kick with great timing and precision and achieved the first knee stomp TKO in the history of the UFC. Good for him.

7 Likes

They should ban it. And kneebahs cause they also hyperextend the knee.
As well as calve slicers.
And ankle picks should be banned too cause ive seen them hurt knees. And elbows are just like knees so we gotta get rid of armbahs & bicep crushes as well as any strikes delivered at the arm

2 Likes

kinda uncool
reminds me of aoki breaking someones arm with a fast kimura

Far more legs are wrecked with regular leg kicks.

I dont see people screaming about that.

It is a rare way to get hurt.

1 Like

Bukauskas’ stance was the problem.

2 Likes

Striking a joint a way different than barring or twisting one.

1 Like

“Robbed the fans”? Stop being so over dramatic. That kick was part of the fight you goofball. How about you wait for actual facts and diagnoses before claiming his life is fucked.

“Wahhhh! A guy fighting a trained professional in a cage for money actually got injured in a cage fight. I feel robbed that I didnt get to see them beat on each other more. Wahhh!”

3 Likes

Do unto others. Hopefully someone lands a good one on Khalil someday and puts him out for a year. He wouldn’t throw that technique if he didn’t expect someone else to do it.