Khan got robbed

The fight should be ruled no contest. Joe Coopers bank accounts shopuld be examined for any suspicious activity, imo.

Corruption is killing whats left of big time boxing. Sad to see.

lol at this bullshit... WAHHH THE FIGHT WASN'T SCORED HOW I SCORED IT WAHHHH ROBBERY!!!! WAHHHHH!!!!!

STFU with throwing around robbery bullshit.... Peterson won a close fight, deal with it.

Khan deserved the loss IMO, he has been constantly trying to shit on Manny since the Marquez fight, nice way to treat your sparring "partner", karma gave him that loss tonite.

kinkle - lol at this bullshit... WAHHH THE FIGHT WASN'T SCORED HOW I SCORED IT WAHHHH ROBBERY!!!! WAHHHHH!!!!!

STFU with throwing around robbery bullshit.... Peterson won a close fight, deal with it.

Khan deserved the loss IMO, he has been constantly trying to shit on Manny since the Marquez fight, nice way to treat your sparring "partner", karma gave him that loss tonite.

What do you think of a fighter being deducted points without prior warning ?

The ref was an idiot for never warning Peterson for leading with his head. Khan should have just kept turning him and he was good.

Khan just let that ref frustrate him and was just laying on the ropes for no reason almost to make a point. I still felt Khan landed the better shots, don't think Peterson was that effective with his smothering style despite his aggressiveness. He landed some decent body shots, but I felt Khan was landing the cleaner shots.

We'll see a rematch and I think Khan wins cleanly next time.

DanHendersonsAsymetricSmile - Note how 2 guys that thought he got robbed have UKTT avatars

Peterson won, deal with it, and i even saw it with british commentary.

Im American you fucking idiot 

kinkle - lol at this bullshit... WAHHH THE FIGHT WASN'T SCORED HOW I SCORED IT WAHHHH ROBBERY!!!! WAHHHHH!!!!!

Great point.

Please see the thread started by williepep about Khan being a dirty fighter.

It was started prior to a point deduction for pushing.

My phone would not stop ringing from folks complaining about Khan pushing.

Khan lost a lot of fans tonight.

Congrats to Peterson for winning a tough,very close fight.

really close fight even without point deductions, imo

not a robbery

TheTakeover - Khan is so overrated.

This. Close fight but far from a robbery.

Plus I dont think the Thai clinch and headlock are legal in Boxing learn to fight clean you cant just shove someone away every time you get hit.

Pugilist82 - I had it 113-112 Khan, but the way it played out could see 113-112 Peterson.

Don't blame the judges for his loss, blame the ref.

What a joke hometown decision, Khan was robbed even with the deductions. Another black eye for boxing.

The reffing was bullshit as Peterson didnt come close to getting warned. BB

But Khan was warned and failed to deal with it - plus he had terrible tactics

williepep - 

Great point.

Agreed. I too feel that if someone loses their title in a fight that may have won, this is justified and the victor deserves to then be called the champion based on something the loser said about someone else, who is totally uninvolved in the fight.

Brilliant point, and a nice bit of science by you.

Khan was told a million times to stop fouling. The british commentators were expecting him to get a second point deducted long before he did.

Personally, I my respect for Khan dropped when he ran his mouth about Pac with regards to the Marquez fight....I was under the impression that they we're somewhat "friends" or at least part-time sparring partners.

That said, Khan got jobbed tonight.  That ref was horrible. I don't fault the judges, they had to take the two points off, but the ref was very indecisive tonight.  He did tell Kahn to stop pushing but told him in the heat of the action, never stopped the fight to explicitly warn Kahn. 

Both points were taken at the oddest times.....one actually with less then a second in the round and the other in the 12th?  for "pushing" someone in a fight? 

"He did tell Kahn to stop pushing but told him in the heat of the action, never stopped the fight to explicitly warn Kahn."

Whats your point? Do you think Khan didn't hear? He was talking to the ref when the warnings were made. He should have had points taken off earlier. He was LUCKY it was only two taken off.

Now Khan is launching an ivestigation into the ref! What a joke. Sore loser and possibly the most arrogant person who ever lived. His attitude is why he will get his ass kicked in the rematch as well. He has no chance aagainst Mayweather so he may forget that idea.

It was a close fight but if that were anywhere else other than Washington due to the home favourite ref, I think Khan would of won.

And to the people talking about the British commentators, Jim Watt is the British Larry Merchant, just a complete moron who has favourite fighters. Phone Post

Yeah but Peterson isn't one of them.

I thought Peterson was geat. Liked his come forward style and toughness. That fight has made me a big fan.

My point is there is normally a certain series of events that lead up to point deductions.  In almost all but the most flagrant of fouls, the ref will stop the action and directly tell  the fighter he is going to lose a point or at worst sternly warn him.

This ref was half-heartedly giving commands and making it appear as though he would step in at certain points but then back off.  in some cases this allowed Peterson to nail Kahn while he was waiting for the ref to step in.  In one round I remember the ref holding kahns glove while Perterson nailed him.

I like Peterson as well and thought he may have been able to at least score a knockdown if he would have sustained his pressure for more then a round at a time.