Kid Yamamato!!!! Tell me about him

Just watched him KO Genki Sudo and KO someone in a couple of seconds
into the fight with a flying knee.

How tall is he? He looks about 5'4" but he made Genki his bitch!! Was
that his wife shown during the Miyata (spelling?) fight. She's hot!!!

Wow just watched him KO Royler!!!

Yes thats his wife, yeah hes about 5 foot 4.

High level wrestling, has done well in straight up K-1 MAX (kickboxing) Good submissions, extremely strong, very athletic, a killer instinct that makes Vanderlei look like a girl scout.

Unfortunatly, he likes to last hit a bit too much.

For some reason, no matter how many times he beats on people after the bell, the Japanese refs keep on letting him get away with it. I would love to see him try that shit in the ufc.

He didn't KO Sudo and he definitely didn't make him his bitch. he knocked him down with a HARD punch, but it was a bullshit ref stoppage.

Genki was still with it and trying to defend by getting his feet on Kid's hips.

Yup, the Sudo stoppage was bull and the "last hit" thing still dogs him today (rightfully or not) even though he hasnt done it in AGES. He's showed pretty matured ways against the guys he's KTFO recently like the olympic wrestler, royler, etc.

The killer instinct that makes vandy look whatever isnt called for either, YJS. Kid has actually fought way more strategically than murderously in recent times (on top of putting his late hits behind him).

It also has to be mentioned that him doing well in K1 Max is simply amazing since he weighs about 140lb natural and the K1 Max weight limit is 155 and Kid's original background is wrestling.

His dad also repped japan in the olympics in wrestling i believe and his sister is a multiple time world wrestling champ as well (the all time winningest female?).

Can anyone imagine a 140lb striker doing MMA then going on to battle the best BJJers in the world at 155 in ADCC or some shit like that?

he wrestled D1 in the US for a few years, at Arizona, IIRC, and he's in contention for the Japanese Olympic Team.

he also has hands of fucking stone and loves him some standup striking.

Kid is in contention with Fedor and Lindland for Top P4P MMA'er, IMO, and I certainly would have trouble not picking him.

(sarcasm on) friendliest guy I've ever trained with. (sarcasm off)

Kid has showed a lot more class recently esp. since getting KOed by Zambidis. After that he became a pretty humble and respectful man. For example in his fight with the olympic wrestler, he had a chance to go apeshit on him before the stoppage, but he chose to tap him on the head lightly to show the ref that the guy is hurt and is not defending.

Kid to me is the #1 P4P fighter in the sport. Simply because he is a 143 guy fighting at 155 and has actually defeated top 10 competition.

"Kid to me is the #1 P4P fighter in the sport. Simply because he is a 143 guy fighting at 155 and has actually defeated top 10 competition."

if Lindland somehow pulls off a win against Fedor, though, I would put Lindland #1.

185'er vs. a heavyweight would be even more impressive than that.

"The killer instinct that makes vandy look whatever isnt called for either, YJS."

I'm sorry but I don't understand. By killer instinct I mean when he sences weakness he is all over it and aggressively capitalizes on it better than anyone, to the point of making Vanderlei a more "safe" fighter. I didn't mean it as a slight on Vanderlei, but more to give people an idea on how suddenly Kid can finish fights.

I would hesitate to say "Dick", maybe there was some cultural thing that I don't understand. The guy would pretty much ignore everybody, and this was in a pretty small training area. everybody else, even if they didn't speak the same language, would at least acknowlege each other, Kid and his friend were in a world of their own

"if Lindland somehow pulls off a win against Fedor, though, I would put Lindland #1.

185'er vs. a heavyweight would be even more impressive than that. "

yes of course. 185er beating the best absolute fighter in MMA history would be the greatest achievement ever, barring some type of fluke win.

I will be rooting for Lindland.

the man throws his punches with everything he has got, very admirable.

"

There's a video where he gets ktfo HARD by this dutch kickboxing cat...great fight. was really interesting to see my favorite fighter (kid Y.) get his standup picked apart you can learn a lot from watching tape."

I think you're talking about him getting KOed by Zambidis from Greece.

Zambidis is a tough cat.

I wonder if he was really hurt in that down against Masato in the 2003 GP. It seemed like it was a slip but Zambidis also appeared kinda hurt. That cost him the fight because he was winning clearly for the remainder of the fight.

I think Kid is just an intense person...and if he's in a small training camp with a bunch of people that dont speak Japanese...perhaps he was just shy...and Im curious if he "tried that shit in the UFC" what exactly would happen? he'd get dq'd??? assaulted by a crowd of rednecks???....then again....maybe he's just a dick....who knows? I DO know that he's a hottie though....

"
I think Kid is just an intense person...and if he's in a small training camp with a bunch of people that dont speak Japanese...perhaps he was just shy...and Im curious if he "tried that shit in the UFC" what exactly would happen? he'd get dq'd??? assaulted by a crowd of rednecks???....then again....maybe he's just a dick....who knows? I DO know that he's a hottie though...."

Who's hotter for you JJgirl. KID or Mach? just curious.

"Who's hotter for you JJgirl. KID or Mach? just curious."

hmmm tough one...I'd say Mach....The hottest in MMA is Kengo Watanabe though...Too bad he looks better then he fights...I heard he was training in Southern California somewhere...I'd join the dojo where Kengo is at but my husband would probably kick my butt.