"Kid" Yamamoto divorces his wife

Kidswife2

"Mixed martial artist Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (32) and model MALIA (26) have divorced, it was learned on Thursday. Both of them announced the news on their respective blogs.

The couple married in 2004 and had three children together. Yamamoto said that he was completely at fault for the divorce, explaining that he did not seriously help out with raising the kids. While MALIA diligently fulfilled her duties as a parent, Yamamoto only played with the children and was unable to properly educate them. He also admitted that he hung out with his friends even when MALIA was having a difficult time.

Yamamoto said that he still only loves MALIA and hopes that they can remarry in the future."

- Tokyograph 

According to magazine Woman Seven the main reason seems to be that KID wants to migrate to Los Angeles in the U.S. to train but Maria didn’t think it was good for their children and worried about it. 

disbeliever - So hot. The ex wife that is.

Are you kidding? Those are the best pics I've ever seen of her...normally she looks like a pimply faced teenage boy.
Good move by Kid.

At least he admitted to fault, that is hard to do, still if he was in a marrage with 3 kids and he is trying to play the single man lifestyle then it is no wonder the marrage broke down, kids should be the first prority above everything else imo... otherwise dont have them.

I never knew that Kid's wife looked like that, the woman he has been with has looked completely different every time I've seen him out in Shibuya...

At least he stepped up and took the blame

Gotta respect that

LOL @ this line "Yamamoto said that he still only loves MALIA and hopes that they can remarry in the future." "

damn, 3 kids in 5 yrs? he whacked that good.

Marriage in general is an outdated concept. The whole point of getting married is STAYING married, and almost no one does that anymore.

So since they're divorced, is he gonna come out to LA and train now?!

I now have 2 things in common with Kid- his height, and getting divorced with three kids.

Awesome!

10thplanetzombie - 
zekeil - 
disbeliever - So hot. The ex wife that is.

Are you kidding? Those are the best pics I've ever seen of her...normally she looks like a pimply faced teenage boy.
Good move by Kid.

zekil u must be out of ur god damned mind.

Maybe I guess she's just not my type. Whenever they show her on camera during one of his fights she looks bad IMO.
I've never seen her upclose in real life so I don't know maybe I'm wrong.

Kid's actually stepping up and taking responsibility and fault for what he did wrong, here.

I think that's a definite change from the punk we all remember coming up in Shooto.

JoseyWales - At least he stepped up and took the blame

Gotta respect that

rofl.....interesting view on respect. 

so youre tellin me theres a chance!

Truemanc3 - At least he admitted to fault, that is hard to do, still if he was in a marrage with 3 kids and he is trying to play the single man lifestyle then it is no wonder the marrage broke down, kids should be the first prority above everything else imo... otherwise dont have them.

umm..thats pretty much the standard role of a father in asia...he cares for his kids by brining home bank, which he did

GSP4Prez - Marriage in general is an outdated concept. The whole point of getting married is STAYING married, and almost no one does that anymore.

Yeah, and marriage is the leading cause of divorce too. We really need to do away with it given all the problems that arise from it.

Bunnymonster - I never knew that Kid's wife looked like that, the woman he has been with has looked completely different every time I've seen him out in Shibuya...

yes.i saw him in the Bay Area before and she didnt quite resemble the *woman he was with.

She is def a beauty in those pics (and the videos I've seen of when Kid gets KOed)

Yes - it is commendable that he admits (publicly) fault for the breakdown of his marriage.  It is good to have respect for his public admittance/ apology, even if you do not respect his prior actions.

Who f*ckin' knows the real reason for the divorce, and none of us should care other than Kid, Malia, and the children.  Shoot, the kids do not even care about the reason, they just care that it is happening.

RIP Kid's marriage - best of luck on any possible future reconciliation/ restoration.