Kids Anti-2A Stance being manipulated by Media!?

Well I for one am shocked that CNN would push a one-way narrative...

Former NY police officer and Rebel Media reporter, John Cardillo attended the Parkland shooting memorial this week.

Cardillo said he witnessed media malpractice from CNN especially; CNN was shoving cameras in people’s faces who were mourning the hardest.

John Cardillo also said a teacher named Sarah Lerner was text messaging students on their personal cell phones encouraging them to attend an anti-gun rally in Coral Springs, FL hosted by ‘Every Town for Gun Safety’, a radical, left-wing organization funded by Michael Bloomberg.

Many students also told Cardillo that they are pro-second amendment, however; the media (CNN) is only focusing on gun control and students who are against the second amendment.

Students also said they wished the media would stop politicizing the tragedy.

Since mass murderer Nikolas Cruz shot up the Parkland, Florida school, the media has gravitated toward a group of students who express their disapproval for the Second Amendment.

The media refuses to speak with students who are pro-gun and pro-Trump; they are only giving airtime to people who push the left-wing narrative.

The media bias has sparked a huge controversy because it appears they have exploited the teens after a tragedy to push gun control.

Of course not!

MSM, and particularly CNN, is not agenda driven!

Shocked, just shocked i say. How could they ever do that? Just, how could they! Oh the humanity! WONT ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!

Lol jk its the clinton news network, what do you expect

I, for one, am shocked people are still dumb enough to believe the bullshit pushed by The Gateway Pundit.

LOL! Of course.

Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn - I, for one, am shocked people are still dumb enough to believe the bullshit pushed by The Gateway Pundit.

I live here. You don't hear one kid on the news that is pro 2A. As I posted every vigil is not about remembering the innocent victims. It's anti NRA anti Trump BS. So I guess I am lying too?

Did it ever occur to you that the student body may be fucking sick of the NRA's perversion of the Second Amendment, and be against it?

Did it ever occur to you that they may be against the NRA because the NRA funded the shooting club that Cruz was a part of and helped train him?

They've got a damn good reason to be anti-NRA anyway, but even moreso on this. Something should have been done years ago, but when Congressmen have been paid for nothing gets done.

Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn - I, for one, am shocked people are still dumb enough to believe the bullshit pushed by The Gateway Pundit.

I live here. You don't hear one kid on the news that is pro 2A. As I posted every vigil is not about remembering the innocent victims. It's anti NRA anti Trump BS. So I guess I am lying too?

Did it ever occur to you that the student body may be fucking sick of the NRA's perversion of the Second Amendment, and be against it?

Did it ever occur to you that they may be against the NRA because the NRA funded the shooting club that Cruz was a part of and helped train him?

They've got a damn good reason to be anti-NRA anyway, but even moreso on this. Something should have been done years ago, but when Congressmen have been paid for nothing gets done.

Your stance is odd given your SN. So every single kid all thinks the same? Do you ever leave your house? The JROTC is now a shooting club?

This kid should never have been able to buy a gun with EXISTING laws. He fell through the cracks so many times.

You tell me how exactly this is the NRA's fault? They don't do anything illegal. They support gun owners rights. You blaming anyone else but this sick kid and the system that failed is lefty bullshit. You have an agenda and you will be damned to let the facts get in the way of your feelings.

You have no idea what my screen name stands for, or how it came into existence.

That being said, my emotions aren't driving things. Facts are.

Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 

Your stance is odd given your SN. So every single kid all thinks the same? Do you ever leave your house? The JROTC is now a shooting club?

This kid should never have been able to buy a gun with EXISTING laws. He fell through the cracks so many times.

You tell me how exactly this is the NRA's fault? They don't do anything illegal. They support gun owners rights. You blaming anyone else but this sick kid and the system that failed is lefty bullshit. You have an agenda and you will be damned to let the facts get in the way of your feelings.

Your anti NRA kaka is all emotional sweetie. No facts at all. Facts what do they mean?

No, it's not emotional at all.

The fact is that the Second Amendment, as written, does not provide an individual right to bear arms. Period.

The NRA has, through 40 years of spreading bullshit, convinced people to ignore the first 2/3 of the text of the amendment. That's not emotion. That's fact.

One of the most widely cited Second Amendment historians, Patrick Charles, whose work has been cited by roughly half of the appeals courts in the US and by the Supreme Court in their opinions, spent an extended period of time researching founding father's comments on the Second Amendment, and his conclusion was that it was never intended to be an individual right.

Only if you ignore the first 2/3 of the text can you come to that conclusion. Well, if you don't understand how the English language works, and how a comma can create a clause, then you can also reach that, but I'm going to assume that I don't need to find a 5th grade teacher to give an English lesson.

Of course, there's also the facts that mass shootings started increasing shortly after the assault weapons ban expired, the facts that the number of murders with a gun in Chicago hit a 20 year low in 2014, the same year that the final of three major gun control laws was removed (2 local, 1 state, removed between 2010 and 2014) and that the number of murders skyrocketed since (even after a small decline in 2017, it is still more than 50% higher than the 2014 base).

But please, act like there's no facts in my position. The NRA paid for this guy to learn to shoot, they've spent decades shoving a flawed belief down America's throat. The shooter deserves most of the blame, but if you don't think the NRA has blood on their hands, you're ignorant to their actions.

BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 

What is the perversion of the second ammendment by the NRA in your mind?  Just curious what the NRA has perverted about it.

Cruz was not part of a "shooting club" he was a JROTC student. As a JROTC student he attended a shooting class which happened to be taught by an NRA instructor. Do even a momderate level of fact checking before you start spewing bullshit talking points.

BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 

Your anti NRA kaka is all emotional sweetie. No facts at all. Facts what do they mean?

The fact is that the Second Amendment, as written, does not provide an individual right to bear arms. Period.

The NRA has, through 40 years of spreading bullshit, convinced people to ignore the first 2/3 of the text of the amendment. That's not emotion. That's fact.

One of the most widely cited Second Amendment historians, Patrick Charles, whose work has been cited by roughly half of the appeals courts in the US and by the Supreme Court in their opinions, spent an extended period of time researching founding father's comments on the Second Amendment, and his conclusion was that it was never intended to be an individual right.

Only if you ignore the first 2/3 of the text can you come to that conclusion. Well, if you don't understand how the English language works, and how a comma can create a clause, then you can also reach that, but I'm going to assume that I don't need to find a 5th grade teacher to give an English lesson.

Of course, there's also the facts that mass shootings started increasing shortly after the assault weapons ban expired, the facts that the number of murders with a gun in Chicago hit a 20 year low in 2014, the same year that the final of three major gun control laws was removed (2 local, 1 state, removed between 2010 and 2014) and that the number of murders skyrocketed since (even after a small decline in 2017, it is still more than 50% higher than the 2014 base).

But please, act like there's no facts in my position. The NRA paid for this guy to learn to shoot, they've spent decades shoving a flawed belief down America's throat. The shooter deserves most of the blame, but if you don't think the NRA has blood on their hands, you're ignorant to their actions.

There is plenty of evidence that the founding fathers felt to prevent tyranny and remain free it was important to have an armed populace. You can disagree all you want there is not a lack of evidence to support the stance we have the right to keep and bear arms. 

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."

- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

Should I keep going? There is plenty to support a contrary opinion to the one you hold including Supreme Court rulings.

These are opinions of kids.

I think it's not the best idea for the media to be giving them so much spotlight and putting so much merit into what they have to say.

They have grown up their whole lives being protected and provided for by their parents, teachers, community, etc.

The personal responsibility of having to take care of onesself is often lost on them because they've never had to do it.

I think that's why none of them really understand the idea of personal responsibility that underlies the 2nd amendment.

The Founding Father's understood that only "you" are responsible for your wellbeing and protection.

They also understood the power of an armed population.  It was powerful enough to kick out the greatest superpower the world had ever known at that time out of the colonies.

Your first Jefferson quote is fake.

https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/no-freeman-shall-be-debarred-use-arms-spurious-quotation

The full Washington quote you cite:

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

You stopped right before he noted that a uniform and well-digested plan is required. That's not an individual right, that's a trained army.

http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-encyclopedia/article/spurious-quotations/

The next Jefferson quote, about the laws that forbid the carrying of arms? You should have started with the paragraph before that one. The entire quote is from Cesare Beccaria, and none of it from Jefferson. So is the most of the paragraph before it. The difference? Jefferson added a line at the beginning of the paragraph before it. "Falsa idea di utilità" A false idea of utility. He DISAGREED with the part you're quoting.

https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/laws-forbid-carrying-armsquotation

That's a paraphrased Franklin quote, not an actual quote. The full quote also makes reference to the King (remember, 1755, not 1759, is the origin of the quote, and still under British Rule) providing weapons and funding for them. Again, NOT INDIVIDUAL USAGE.

http://franklinpapers.org/franklin/framedVolumes.jsp?vol=6&page=238a

For both Mason quotes, refer to https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Mason.

On the first quote, he's specifically referring to disarming the militia.

On the second, keep reading. Mason specifically points out that the militia could change in the future. Under US law, the organized militia (which he was referring to) has changed.

Both Madison quotes refer to the use of arms in the context of a state militia, not as an individual.

Please though, keep going. I love when people misquote and distort founding father's quotes, especially when the full and accurate text supports my position and undermines theirs.

BiggGunn - 
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 

"The fact is that the Second Amendment, as written, does not provide an individual right to bear arms. Period.'

Complete Horseshit, we know the history behind it and people then wrote essays about it. Not to mention the Bill Of Rights is about the rights of the people.

At this point I think people should be more conerned with school shooters than a possible tyrannical government. Just playing the averages we've seen 100's of mass shootings to 0 tyrannical US governments. It's like being more scared of getting hit by lighting than a car crash.

Never_rolled - 
VinegarStrokes -
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 

There is plenty of evidence that the founding fathers felt to prevent tyranny and remain free it was important to have an armed populace. You can disagree all you want there is not a lack of evidence to support the stance we have the right to keep and bear arms. 

- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."

Should I keep going? There is plenty to support a contrary opinion to the one you hold. 

Some people don't know when to admit defeat. The supreme court ruled against the nonsense he espouses but still claims he is right. I didn't like when Roberts claimed Obamacare was a tax and we lost but I accepted it as a defeat and moved on. This basement dweller is unable to do the same.

I love the fact that, while it's contested by some, this guy flat out says it's a fact that the 2A isn't interpreted correctly, despite dozens of statements by the founders we know of, and consistant rulings by the SCOTUS.

No, no, random dude on the internet has the ultimate truth and everyone else is wrong.

Thage - 
Never_rolled - 
VinegarStrokes -
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 
BiggGunn -
Never_rolled - 

Should I keep going? There is plenty to support a contrary opinion to the one you hold. 

Some people don't know when to admit defeat. The supreme court ruled against the nonsense he espouses but still claims he is right. I didn't like when Roberts claimed Obamacare was a tax and we lost but I accepted it as a defeat and moved on. This basement dweller is unable to do the same.

I love the fact that, while it's contested by some, this guy flat out says it's a fact that the 2A isn't interpreted correctly, despite dozens of statements by the founders we know of, and consistant rulings by the SCOTUS.

No, no, random dude on the internet has the ultimate truth and everyone else is wrong.

Maybe you missed my post where I pointed out, and sourced, that half of those quotes are fake, and the other half are specifically referring to state organized militias.

Thelonious - 

At this point I think people should be more conerned with school shooters than a possible tyrannical government. Just playing the averages we've seen 100's of mass shootings to 0 tyrannical US governments. It's like being more scared of getting hit by lighting than a car crash.

Well, that's obvious.

It's also obvious that anyone that things an AR-15 is going to be useful in a full on firefight with the federal government doesn't fully understand how badly they'd be outgunned.

BiggGunn -
Thelonious - 

Well, that's obvious.

It's also obvious that anyone that things an AR-15 is going to be useful in a full on firefight with the federal government doesn't fully understand how badly they'd be outgunned.

Well a bunch of individuals who were armed did throw the worlds greatest superpower out of the colonies.

Same has happened in Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.

It's the threat of an armed populace that keeps the gov't in check.

Throwing away the 2nd amendment for the reasons people are mentioning is just a manifestation of immediate gratification and lack of personal responsibility that is destroying society.