KIllzone - PS2

It got so-so reviews, but a friend insisted that I get it. It went on the Xmas list and the parents came through on it.

It's much better than I thought it would be. It's the most graphically ambitious FPS I've seen on the PS2. The AI is better than most PS2 FPSs. They're smart enough to move for cover after taking a few hits, at least. The voice acting is decent. The plot makes some kind of sense, even if it is a little cliched.

I haven't tried the online portion, yet, but they've got buddy lists (key, IMO) and a decent variety of modes.

The one downside is the framerate, which ranges from acceptable to stuttersville.

Overall, I'd say it's definitely an above average FPS for the PS2.

It'll be a bargain when it hits $20 in 3 or 4 months.

"Overall, I'd say it's definitely an above average FPS for the PS2. "

What the hell does that mean?

What the hell does that mean?

I mean, it's not HalfLife 2, Halo 2, or Doom 3.

But, it's better than most of the FPSs I've played on PS2 so far.

should have asked for an X-BOX

should have asked for an X-BOX

If my family was going to shell out that kind of dough, I'd have gotten an iPod.

The XBox is a fine machine, but I don't need any more game machines. I spend too much money on games already.

get a fliptop/swap magic for your PS2 and stop spending too much money on games.

I rented it and didn't even think it was worth the 20 minutes to make a copy for myself.

I rented it and didn't even think it was worth the 20 minutes to make a copy for myself.

Wow. Really?

I've been loving it the past week. I'm finding it more compelling the more I play it. The online matches are fun, but I've been sticking to strictly deathmatch. I thinking of trying to start a clan of old stoners.

Even my GF, who hates FPSs, said, "That's a good-looking game."