Kimbo DVD Questions Answered Here

FightAuthority.com has obviously had a tough time dealing
with what was an unexpected and overwhelming level of
interest in the Kimbo DVD. A tremendous number of them
were ordered.

All money went to charity; no one is getting over on you. That
said, of course if you paid for it, you deserve it, and have
every right to be upset if you did not receive it.

The folks at Fight Authority train with us, and have been
working diligently to get these mailed. You have my word that
all the DVDs went out.

We sat down and tried to figure out what happened. It turns
out the that the way the DVDs were packaged by Fight
Authority led to them being not delivered.

The bottom line is, if you did not get your DVD please email
DVD@fightauthority.com and put "MISSING DVD" in the title.

Include your

name:

address:

phone:

Any order id or other info.

Your DVD will be shipped again, this time via US Priority, in a

US Priority box, before Christmas. You will get it before the
New Year.

Guys, I feel badly, truly, for all parties involoved.

The guys at Fight Authority worked TREMENDOUSLY hard
to bring this to you. They did not do this to make money; the
dough went to charity. About the only thing they got was
some exposure for their video streaming service; there is a
huge number of fights available there for a very low cost.

And I feel truly bad for everyone that put up their hard-earned
money and got a donut hole for their effort. I understand that
a lot fof people got screwed the last few years by various
retailers, and they are completely freakin' sick of it.

This is going to be taken care of, and promptly.

Just please as noted above email DVD@fightauthority.com,
and it will be taken care of.

Any questions or concerns, please add them below.

Kirik, I REALLY hate to do this, but "the way the DVDs were packaged by Fight Authority led to them being not delivered" comment confuses me. My Aunt holds a very high position in the postal system here, and if you could please explain that it would be great.

Also, just a friendly note - PayPal (how everyone paid for the fight) provides FREE delivery confirmation.

If the DVD's were returned to sender, is it too much to ask that we send a scan or a photo of the packages that show they were returned to sender? Not to be a dick, but I remember people actually making Jeff Osborne scan a package one time.

"The folks at Fight Authority train with us, and have been working diligently to get these mailed. You have my word that all the DVDs went out."

So what if they train with you. Why does training with you mean that they were definitely shipped?

Kirik, thank you for your help. I know it isn't your fault, so your help is appreciated. Hopefully myself and others will get their dvd.

Hey Johnny,

Honesty is the plan man :-)

This is the first time that Fight Authority ever seriously mailed
anything out. Their expertise is primarily in streaming video.
Their inexperience in mass mailing orders showed.

Turns out the packaging they had on hand ran out fast, and
they scrambled around to do their best to get the orders out
in timely fashion. Some orders were sent using Priority
labels, to send first class mail. Some were sent in turned
inside out priority packaging, and with first class postage. So
they were chucked.

Bottom line, they were working really hard to get all the
orders out in a timely fashion. When you have 100 orders, it
is not like you are going to hold the money from 15 of them
and retire as an actual hundredaire.

And I would be eternally grateful if you ask your aunt what
happened to the bottle of perfume I sent my sister Zola. She
never got it!!?! :-)

Bottom line, if you ordered a DVD you are going to get it by
January 1st, and the guys sending it made no money, and
last thing, the DVD is freakin awesome!!!

I hate to bust your balls, but for our sake, for this forum's sake - please have a better understanding of the business practices of any company you 'give your word' for and make sure they are ready. 100 orders will not make them a millionaire, but it also is not so many that they can't handle it. I respect you enough to spend my money somewhere you suggest, so please look out for me a litle better in the future :-)

When I posted about selling the WEF DVD's I was scared shitless posting on this forum so I had those fuckers made and stacked to the ceiling. I know what this place has went through!

As a side note, I posted on a thread showing that out of 146 packages I sent in November and December, 1 did not arrive.

PS - I want to be a mod.

"and the guys sending it made no money"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop saying that. Everyone WANTED and PLANNED to make money, but it all fucked up and no one made money. They did not do this out of the goodness of their heart or it would have been posted here for free in the beginning!

This whole thing and all the excuses still reek of BULLSHEEEET. The fact that the legal action post was deleted, and the post asking about the deleted thread being deleted just adds to it.

I will never do business with anybody involved again.

+1 for Johnny Walls for mod. A mod for the common man.

Kirik is a great person who I trust but at the same note I don't buy something based on his recommendation. I stated as soon as they went on sale I would wait to see how their initial batch shipped out.

That said, Johnny for mod!

this is great...this screws me over for when I see my Seminar of Champions event on DVD/VHS with Chris Brennan, Hermes Franca, Wade Rome, Jeff Curran, and Randy Bloom...All money goes to St. Judes except for postage for the delivery.

Thanks Whoopass.tv

I vote against the whiny Johnny Walls for mod and I think Fearless Goat is on the verge of annoying.

Shit, I can't delete his post. LOL

which is further proof you would be a poor mod.

Thanks for reminding me how tough the job would be.

I looked at your name and you have a degree in political science. So I'm not arguing with you :-)

Johnny Walls is a PILLAR of this community. and can be anything he wants on this page.

Seriously (kirik@mma.tv)

I realise this thing looks like it was planned and organised, but it was not. The the simple fact is it just happened as it happened, with some clear mistakes, and a few guys staying up 36 hours or so to try to make it happen.

I would never post in such a cavalier tone if ANYONE was not getting their DVD, but they are man.

I have to admit that coming from Kirik that has to be one the biggest compliments I have ever received. In Everquest 2 we have a 'Bow' social that can make your character bow to the other in respect. Wish I could do that here.

There has been a lot of bitching over this incident, myself included. The only good thing is even I have said that no one tried to intentionally rip anyone off. I never felt that people wanted to take money and run. Almost everyone agreed that it was a 'in over our heads' problem - still bad but different. And it came at a bad time - after other companies had already gotten us a little heated.

I personally did not enjoy the whole buildup and the aftermath of the fight, mostly because the forum seemed to be hijacked with the threads. You couldn't post on normal threads (there weren't many), and if you broke down and posted on a Gannon/Kimbo thread you were sucked in and had to take a 'side'. I am all for getting these DVD's out, and getting back to MMA. There are huge shows coming up and we will have plenty to talk about.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop saying that. Everyone WANTED and PLANNED to make money, but it all fucked up and no one made money. They did not do this out of the goodness of their heart or it would have been posted here for free in the beginning!

I just want to chime in on this point. Yes, the day off the fight it was planned that all profits from this video go directly to Sean. Sean asked the day after the fight, from his hospital bed, that the video money be donated to charity. At first it wasn't made public because Sean wanted to do it privately. After the shit hit the fan, Sean decided to make it known, to take off some of the heat that was coming down on him, as he taking a lot of bad press here in Boston. WhoopAss never had been invovled in making money; it was just thought the publicity and traffic to the site would be enough. But now WhoopAss has to regain its tarnished reputation, something that probably will cost more than they ever could have made off this. That's the truth, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you, but the people involved know.

I personally did not enjoy the whole buildup and the aftermath of the fight, mostly because the forum seemed to be hijacked with the threads. You couldn't post on normal threads (there weren't many), and if you broke down and posted on a Gannon/Kimbo thread you were sucked in and had to take a 'side'.

I agree that this forum was very annoying for the week after this fight happened. But it was also very exciting, when have we ever had that many members so active at one time, never. I am a dayshifter and I watch the UG all day and it can't keep my attention because so few people actual post. It was nice to see everything so active.

Johnny. I'd like to put aside our bickering on this matter. We've both made some valid points and both some invalid ones, but I hope to learn from this experience. No hard feelings.

I glad to hear thing is finally getting resolved. Everyone involved seemed to be telling the truth so I got lost and didn`t know who to believe.

It is great that Sean gave his money to charity but if anyone deserved any profit made from the fight it was him.

So does this mean the whole "winner take all" thing was true and Kimbo got nothing at all for his effort even if he did lose?

Man that sucks and now I really feel bad for Kimbo if that is true. I hope to see a rematch done somehwere they can both pocket some cash for their troubles . With the interest the last fight generated on here it might be something that could happen.

glad to hear the issue is nearly resolved

"Johnny. I'd like to put aside our bickering on this matter. We've both made some valid points and both some invalid ones, but I hope to learn from this experience. No hard feelings."

Definitely. You were a great opponent :-)