Kimbo needed a heart transplant

In all seriousness, this issue may explain his lack of cardio in his fights. I'm surprised that this wasn't caught in a pre fight medical. Phone Post 3.0

wifespowerbottom - 
Bobby91k -
The Accountant - Can you imagine being told you need a heart transplant or you'll die. Phone Post 3.0
I'm wondering if he wanted the transplant or said no because it's to expensive or something? Or maybe he said yes to it but didn't make it before they could do the operation. Phone Post 3.0
He didn't find out until a couple days before he died. They were going to transport him to Cincinnati. Phone Post 3.0

Cleveland, biggest heart faciltity in the world

mixjitsu -
EBD75 - It is unreal that he just had a fight in mid February and less than four months later he needed a heart replacement and ultimately passed. He really seemed to be a genuine good guy. I would have never imagined when he signed up for the Ultimate Fighter that he would be my favorite fighter from the house based on his personality by the end of the season. RIP. Phone Post 3.0
Dame here I wanted to hate him but after that season I became a fan Phone Post 3.0
Same for me too but even more so I realised that Evans was a great coach and a really good guy and Rampage was probably the worst coach that has been on that show... Phone Post 3.0

GJdeux - if he needed a transplant then he was in terrible shape and I doubt would be able to train. It can be treated by getting the fluid out. I'ts not a death sentence by any means at his age. My mother had it for years and he heart was fine otherwise and it only caused her to be tired a little bit every now and then. She died of cancer, not her heart failing (though I guess ultimately it does). She had to go thru a lot of tests to have that diagnosed, not just listening to the heart. I also don't think it is up to the commission to offer a diagnosis of what is wrong. They don't have the medical history (I'm guessing they don't) so they go by what they see-or what is explained to them. If there is fault, it is Kimbo's. This is why you go to your doctor every year. Not rely on an athletic commission to say whether or not you have a condition. Seems like there must be more to this story.
Heart failure can happen from a lot of different reasons, and progresses along a spectrum. Once someone gets end-stage to where they need a transplant or they're gonna die, the more conservative measures (diet changes, gentle exercise, fluid restrictions, meds for heart/blood pressure, and diuretics) won't be effective.

If someone does a really good job with their therapeutic regimen, like it sounds like your mom did (sorry for you loss, she sounds like a badass lady to have managed her CHF for years successfully!), they can manage pretty well for a long time.

If you don't, depending on the cause, it'll get worse and worse until your heart starts to crap out completely (I'm a cardiovascular ICU nurse). Phone Post 3.0

The Power Double - Bellator is sketchy as fuck under Coker. I'm not even joking and I can't believe I'm saying. Disappointing Phone Post 3.0
UFC Waives 4 month USADA tesing for Lesnar Phone Post 3.0

"If he dies, he dies"

-Bellator on their main and co-main headliners.

And people wondered why Bellator was putting on Dada vs Kimbo in Texas rather than in Florida. Florida commision would likely have not sanctioned the fight.

Paid shills are strong in this.

Bellator is going to be fucked from the rumors floating once the story gets picked up this week. Phone Post 3.0

Joindatedoesnotmatter - Isn't Leben suffering from same type of issues?

He almost came back to MMA but didn't when he found out his heart is only able to function at a fraction of normal capacity.
A light jog could kill him.

It seems like there are so many athletes associated with one type or many types of drug abuse that die in their 40s due to heart failure.
Flojo springs to mind....tragic Phone Post 3.0
I hope that's not true. That's tragic if it is. Phone Post 3.0

Joindatedoesnotmatter -
The Power Double - Bellator is sketchy as fuck under Coker. I'm not even joking and I can't believe I'm saying. Disappointing Phone Post 3.0
UFC Waives 4 month USADA tesing for Lesnar Phone Post 3.0
lol Phone Post 3.0

How is Bellator to blame ? AC's are the ones licensing fighters. They are the ones approving the cards. I'm in agreement that the AC's are all sorts of fucked up from Officiating to licensing.

Hired Gun - How is Bellator to blame ? AC's are the ones licensing fighters. They are the ones approving the cards. I'm in agreement that the AC's are all sorts of fucked up from Officiating to licensing.
Because the state they choose to have this event in would sanction the fight easily, because that state is Texas. Phone Post 3.0

Physicals and pre fight medicals will catch a lot of stuff, but the human body is wayyyy to complex to catch everything. Phone Post 3.0