Kimbo submitting Olympic gold medalist

For some reason I didn't see this victory listed on Kimbo's official MMA record.

But the fight certainly took place - and it was a short one!

Would like to have seen Kimbo v Sylvia.

Was considered an unsanctioned fight if I remember fight. 

Boss vid! forgot about that!

Thanks for sharing!

Non N00B -

Was considered an unsanctioned fight if I remember fight. 

Yeah I think that was it or an "exhibition"

MMAth....remember the good old days when noons would be using MMA math all the time? Mercer > Sylvie, so therefore Kimbo > Sylvia...lol

Shittiest submission only outdone by shittiest submission defense with horrible cardio

Oh the early days of Kimbo when there was still anticipation and excitement of how good he could be! Seth putrezelli ended all that with one punch…then Kimbo got laid on by Roy Nekson then his awful fight with The big headed black guy…Kimbos striking actually got worse when he fought in the UFC…weird how that happens when grappling is feared

ons ear - Oh the early days of Kimbo when there was still anticipation and excitement of how good he could be! Seth putrezelli ended all that with one punch..then Kimbo got laid on by Roy Nekson then his awful fight with The big headed black guy..Kimbos striking actually got worse when he fought in the UFC..weird how that happens when grappling is feared

Kimbo’s last 2 fights (Shamrock and Dada5000) were by far the most anticipated fights of his career.

Kimbo’s cousin was basically the reason why Intl Judo outlawed the Morote gari (judo variant of the double leg takedown) in competition.

Strykr619 - Kimbo's cousin was basically the reason why Intl Judo outlawed the Morote gari (judo variant of the double leg takedown) in competition.

Rhadi Ferguson was a good competitor who has done a lot of good for judo in the US, but this is complete nonsense.

Sponsored by Trump.

Most anticipated fight was Kimbo v Gannon. Could not believe it was happening. I think KenFlo was the one who broke the news. Very cool moment for the UG. 

What surprised me about this fight was the ferocity with which Kimbo went after Mercer. He put him under pressure and connected a few times on the way in. 

I think Kimbo was best when training with Bas. He knew his limitations and focused on the parts of his game he needed in order to fight to his strengths. 

kimbo was a naturally gifted fighter like rampage. The problem was:

1) arthritis

2) decades of street fighting on pure instinct with no attention to technique, hard to unlearn bad habits

3) wasn't serious about learning the actual ground game.

4) age, too late to start learning to fight at a top level in mma

Remember, kimbo was manhandling mitrione before succumbing to leg kicks. He wasn't that bad of a fighter at all

Koga - 
ons ear - Oh the early days of Kimbo when there was still anticipation and excitement of how good he could be! Seth putrezelli ended all that with one punch..then Kimbo got laid on by Roy Nekson then his awful fight with The big headed black guy..Kimbos striking actually got worse when he fought in the UFC..weird how that happens when grappling is feared

Kimbo’s last 2 fights (Shamrock and Dada5000) were by far the most anticipated fights of his career.

I’m not sure why though as his aura had all but been crushed by then…casuals I guess still loved watching him

nrallen - 

What surprised me about this fight was the ferocity with which Kimbo went after Mercer. He put him under pressure and connected a few times on the way in. 

I think Kimbo was best when training with Bas. He knew his limitations and focused on the parts of his game he needed in order to fight to his strengths. 

Bas said Kimbo was very hard to train…he said Kimbo didn’t want to train much grappling .

That’s a shame. He didn’t need a lot. Just basics and 6 months of sprawl training. His knees became an obvious issue though. 

Man, see the way Dan grabbed Kimbos face to get him of Ray?

LOL wow…

In hindsight this was probably Kimbo's best performance.

Ray Mercer posed a legit threat on the feet which is Kimbo's strength.  Kimbo was very well rounded in this fight which he's very one dimensional all his other fights.  He went for mt clinches, knees, takedowns, and even got the sub.

Good shit.