Kimbo Talks Shamrock and Thompson (vid)

i like Kimbo and i fear for SHamrocks safety this saturday...

doesnt seem like kimbo is too eager to fight Brett Rogers though...

Holy crap. After seeing a bunch of interviews and fights with Kimbo, I've gone from really disliking him as a talentless brawler to actually liking the guy. He doesn't talk trash (well, most of the time) trains hard and seems to be a nice dude.

jonpall - Holy crap. After seeing a bunch of interviews and fights with Kimbo, I've gone from really disliking him as a talentless brawler to actually liking the guy. He doesn't talk trash (well, most of the time) trains hard and seems to be a nice dude.

Agreed.

Seems like Kimbo trains very hard, good standup and has lots of heart. Ken should be much better on the ground so anyhting is possible, but I will be rooting for Kimbo.

tt

He's definitely making an extra effort to come off as professional in his interviews. Despite his past, I really appreciate that.

"He doesn't talk trash (well, most of the time) trains hard and seems to be a nice dude."

Yup. Hes just trying to make it and go as far as he can. Cant fault anyone for that.

The only real issue is the precedent it sets for people to be able to start these cult of personalities and bypass the whole process of earning your way to the money and status.

"The only real issue is the precedent it sets for people to be able to start these cult of personalities and bypass the whole process of earning your way to the money and status"

We as in "society" as a whole are responsible for that. That is not Kimbo's fault. He was given the chance and has run a mile with that chance.

HELWIG - "He doesn't talk trash (well, most of the time) trains hard and seems to be a nice dude."

Yup. Hes just trying to make it and go as far as he can. Cant fault anyone for that.

The only real issue is the precedent it sets for people to be able to start these cult of personalities and bypass the whole process of earning your way to the money and status.

flipside to that is he's going out and training as hard as he can with the best people he can find. he fought in the streets in the 260's and was solid. he lost 30lbs got with Bas and sharpened his game. he was given a backdoor to fame but he has worked hard to maintain.

Nothing but good stuff coming to this guy if he stays on this path

FloridaStriker - Nothing but good stuff coming to this guy if he stays on this path

The path of tomato cans and washed up former legends?

aw someone's angry

Kimbo v Mercer (104).JPGwere it all began kimbo vs mercer

best of luck to kimbo, he is a great guy

heel hook

Kimbo has done NOTHING wrong. The guy could possibly be one of the nicest most respectful fighters out there today, and gets all this undeserved hate.
If he didn't deserve to be where he is today we would not have talked about him SO much after the Abdullah Bird fight...Then all the rest of the fights where we all said IF he were in a real MMA ring he would get served by the most basic of MMA fighters..
Now he is 3 and O, and still going strong...