kimo black belt

Kimo has been training BJJ since his defeat by Royce from what I understand. No reason to think he doesn't deserve his black belt.

Hey Ricardo,
You mentioned that John also got his Black Belt. What is John's last name? Does he train with Joe at Newport/Costa Mesa (Don't know where ths school is now) or in Temecula?
As far as Kimo is concerned, I was surprised to find out that he was actually a nice guy. I remember he would walk into class, and start stretching and training technique with the class, just like everyone else & without any sign of ego. Congrats Kimo

Congrats again with your big win last week in California as well as the promotion from Joe M. Well deserved.

For those at the FF event on Friday nite had a chance to see a great Gi fight....as usual Ricardo, way to push the action. We are very proud of you and your continued accomplishments.

Joe Mullings

www.amma.tv

SCRAPDDIGS , I'M NOT MEGATON'S COUSIN. WE ARE GOOD FRIENDS!!!!!

YES , I WORK IN LE GIRLS WITH CARY AND CORY (PHX-AZ)

KIMO HAS BEEN TRAINING WITH JOE FOR 8 YRS. HE HAVE A LOT OF TECHNIQUE. I WAS TRAINING WITH MASTER JOE AND HIM FOR MY FIGHT(BLACK BELT CHALLENGE), EVERY DAY FOR ONE WEEK IN L.A,
AND WHO ARE THIS GUYS TO QUESTION JOE MOREIRA DECISION TO PROMOTE KIMO TO BLACK BELT??????????

One of my favorite fights is the one where Kimo is in guard getting pummeled by Paul Varlens I think then he reverses him and pounds him into the ground.

I look forward to seeing Kimo do more damage in the UFC.

Tubarao: many bjj black belts are awarded to guys who never compete in BJJ tournaments. Kimo was inactive in bjj/nhb competition for a very long time. That does not mean he didnt train. If he was promoted by a blackbelt I hadnt heard of I would be suspect but anyone questioning Joe Moreira promoting someone needs to do a BJJ history check.

KIMO HAS BEEN TRAINING WITH JOE FOR 8 YRS. HE HAVE A LOT OF TECHNIQUE. I WAS TRAINING WITH MASTER JOE AND HIM FOR MY FIGHT(BLACK BELT CHALLENGE), EVERY DAY FOR ONE WEEK IN L.A, AND WHO ARE THIS GUYS TO QUESTION JOE MOREIRA DECISION TO PROMOTE KIMO TO BLACK BELT??????????

Chill Ricardo. Just asking a simple question because I don't know. Not questioning or challenging anyone.

Peace

i actually was under the impression that the whole time he was out of mma he was smoking crack or some shit.my sheriff buddy told me he was in the la county jail for a few.

guess he was on the mat more than i thought.good for him.

TTT for a thread by HellRaiser!

Thanks agent2600!!!

Tubarao, what was your question?? Where does it say that you have to enter BJJ tourneys to get your black belt? Not every black belt is a bjj champion.

ttt for Ricardo.

Congrats to Kimo

congrats master scammer and free baser...geeezzzz

PMR

lol @ crack jitsu!!

otflmao!!!

If we go by Helio Gracie's criteria (and this is meant as no disrespect) then only the sons of Helio can promote people.

"With regard to the large number of new Jiu-Jitsu academies and instructional videos that are appearing everywhere, I consider myself very flattered by the great acceptance of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the United States. However, as the person who caused the major impact in the Jiu-Jitsu that is now practiced all over Brazil and increasingly throughout the world, I want to make clear to the practitioners worldwide that the only method of Jiu-Jitsu teaching that I endorse is the one practiced by my sons Rorion, Relson, Rickson, Rolker, Royler, and Royce.

Outside of my sons, the only certified instructors that I endorse are those who have earned their instructor certification from me or my son Rorion at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy® in Torrance, CA. Rorion or I are available to examine anyone's ability as an instructor of Jiu-Jitsu as well as clarify our standards.

The purpose of this declaration is to make sure my work and the effort of my sons does not provide an opportunity for unqualified people to fool the public by misrepresenting their ability as instructors. We do not want anyone to mislead the good faith of those who are interested in studying under the teaching methods of the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

Students can practice Jiu-Jitsu whenever they want, wherever they want, with whomever they want. That is none of my business. But I feel professionally and ethically obligated to ensure that those students who want to train under my teaching methods know that I only endorse my sons and that my eldest son Rorion has my blessing to select and prepare the instructors that will carry on the tradition and principles that I have spent my entire life upholding.

If you wish to compare our teaching methods with any other methods, please be my guest for any introductory class at the Gracie Academy. You will then have a good point of reference to make your own comparison and I am confident that you will appreciate our higher standards."

My fondest regards to our students and friends throughout the world,

Helio Gracie

thanks for the nice coments guys!!!!

when somebody receive a black belt, people should give congratulations...
If you think this black belt sucks, why you dont sign in a tournament, N.H.B event or any tipe a challenge and kick his ASS !!!!!
Talk shit is very easy behind a computer screen!!!!!!

thank all you guys !!!!!

KIMO!!!!!KIMO!!!!!KIMO!!!!! YOU ARE A GOOD GUY !!!!!!

TTT.