kimura from open guard?

That Cassio video is excellent. I'm going to work on that reversal. I was also shown a way to reverse right into a north-south Kimura, instead of the armbar. You bridge into him when he comes around towards your head, instead of swinging your legs up. Takes more power and explosion, but you're also less likely to get stacked.

"A less experienced player might be able to get it, assuming he has drilled the transition a lot. When you cross the arm over to get the kimura configuration, you can expose your back. If you know the position well and take steps to prevent him from taking your back, you'll likely be ok"

i think this is obviously true, and agree, my point is that taking the kimura from there is high percentage. if i am taking his right arm, and i get my hips out to the left fast enough and hook his leg, it should be okay. everything can be countered, but if you are the aggressor, it puts your opponent at a disadvantage unless they happen to be particularly skilled at countering that specific position.

How are you hooking him with your leg? It seems that, from what you're describing, you could get the position from butterfly guard but most of the time might have to move to a more secure position to finish the lock.

When's the last time you saw a competitior use that certain submission in a high level match? I'd definitely like to look it up

say you are taking his left arm as he attempts to pass to your right, you can fall to your right side and place his right leg in your half guard or butterfly half guard, or if he attempts to take your back or pass to your left you turn onto your left and hook his left leg with your left leg. i often use the kimura to sweep in both of these circumstances.