Kind of Disgusted By Dolce... Unethical Behavior

I was just listening to his Interview with Ariel Helwani... and I am kind of digusted by his behavior.

People paid you money to be their nutritionist/assist in weight cutting.  If they choose not to work with you - it is extremely unethical to disparage them.

It was just kind of annoying listening to him talk about Johnny Hendricks.  You would think that maybe there would be some respect for the confidentiality of his clients (current or ex).

FIrst there was the BJ stuff... then to hear him speak negatively about Hendricks... just rubs me the wrong way.

Strikes me as unethical.  I know that he is not a doctor and not bound by doctor/patient confidentiality... but you would think that as a professional he would choose not to share details of his patients.

Thoughts?

From what I remember, he was defending himself after disparaging comments. He's not Proctor and Gamble where he can ignore that and continue to stay in business.

You gotta crush anyone getting in the way of building your empire.

Johnny, BJ, Gastulem, Rampage - crushed.

What exactly did he say? Phone Post 3.0

Bisping decisioned my SN - What exactly did he say? Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone who pays someone $1000 a day, to cook chicken, broccoli and brown rice for them, is a moron. Phone Post 3.0

How about the ethics of a nutritionist in a sport with PED testing being roided out of his shirt collars? Phone Post 3.0

ego

Sir Psycho Sexy - Anyone who pays someone $1000 a day, to cook chicken, broccoli and brown rice for them, is a moron. Phone Post 3.0
Thousands of athletes are morons? Phone Post 3.0

He has a massive ego. All it took was BLAF to say his name then all the sudden the Internet goofs think he's a magic guru wizard who has some sort of secret. Now even he believes his own hype.

It is what it is though, he got made some sort of star for having the same basic knowledge just about anybody who has been in a gym has. You start getting paid the money he's getting paid he has to believe he's the man. Leaves me scratching my head. Phone Post 3.0

Samoa -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Anyone who pays someone $1000 a day, to cook chicken, broccoli and brown rice for them, is a moron. Phone Post 3.0
Lol awwwww man that wasn't here when I made mine LOLOLOL Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh - He has a massive ego. All it took was BLAF to say his name then all the sudden the Internet goofs think he's a magic guru wizard who has some sort of secret. Now even he believes his own hype.

It is what it is though, he got made some sort of star for having the same basic knowledge just about anybody who has been in a gym has. You start getting paid the money he's getting paid he has to believe he's the man. Leaves me scratching my head. Phone Post 3.0

That's part of why he is so effective though. Everyone starts talking about how great he is and the athletes go and request him and he tells them how exclusive he is and how he only trains so many people so his rates are really high.

The athletes believe he has something the other nutritionists don't so they actually listen to him.

And that really is what separates a good nutritionist from a great one. The ability to make your clients actually listen to you.

It's the same way with great real estate agents, the great ones don't know any magic ingredient to get you a penny more for your house they just know how to talk you into believing everything they say and listening to them when they say to list at whatever low price they want.

Samoa -
Yes. Phone Post 3.0

Samoa -
Pretty much. There's tons of places where you can get healthy meals delivered for like $60 a week Phone Post 3.0

Throwin'Knuckles - Johnny and BJ are known for being out of shape between camps. Not good examples, they never gave the conditioning 100% effort and you can't deny that.

Yeah, but for the most part those of us that keep our weight in check between fights don't need someone like Dolce... I'm sure these guys are a pain to work with, but they are also they guys that are giong to put up the money to work with him, because they need him.  (I'm aware that he works with Rousey and some others that don't fall into that category, but I think for them he's a luxury, not a necessity.)

I think he would be better off saying "I'm sorry that my system didn't work for him, I stand by my results & I wish him nothing but good health and success."  The more he speaks about these guys in the media the less professional he looks, and the more I question why he feels he needs to "defend himself."

Samoa -
Ummm..... Yes Phone Post 3.0

KatieCasimir -
Throwin'Knuckles - Johnny and BJ are known for being out of shape between camps. Not good examples, they never gave the conditioning 100% effort and you can't deny that.

Yeah, but for the most part those of us that keep our weight in check between fights don't need someone like Dolce... I'm sure these guys are a pain to work with, but they are also they guys that are giong to put up the money to work with him, because they need him.  (I'm aware that he works with Rousey and some others that don't fall into that category, but I think for them he's a luxury, not a necessity.)

I think he would be better off saying "I'm sorry that my system didn't work for him, I stand by my results & I wish him nothing but good health and success."  The more he speaks about these guys in the media the less professional he looks, and the more I question why he feels he needs to "defend himself."

This! Phone Post 3.0

KatieCasimir -

Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

I look at Dolce like he's not selling bullshit really, it's fundamentally sound. He's just marketing bullshit. Combine that with his smug remarks he comes off as an unlikeable prick (prick is an approved work by Kirk!). Phone Post 3.0

Carson's Corner radio show - 
KatieCasimir - 

Good post, any relation to MMA fighter Bendy Casimir? Either way, Katie "Bendy" Casimir has some potential as a nickname IMO!

Happily married for 4 years at the end of the month! (and responsible for his healthy cut to 135)

& while I love the nickname, I'm not all that flexable!