Kinda bought a house with my gf...

So, a year ago I bought a new construction home with my gf. To clarify, I am the only one on the loan, title and associated paperwork. The only way she is attached to the home is she provided HALF of the down payment. In retrospect, it was fucking stupid and I should've waited another few months to accumulate the down payment on my own.

Fast forward to now where I can't stand her and we (mostly me) are ready to separate. The only viable options are for me to buy her out (10k) or sell the home and hope that we make enough to recoup our investment. I've put a lot of time and money into the home and am hoping to avoid selling. Problem is I would be stretched a little thin if I were to drop the dough in her lap right now. I know there isn't really any way around it but I wanted to get some opinions.

No need to call me a fucking idiot; this much is already clear. Phone Post 3.0

What was the total cost of the home. Phone Post 3.0

RawnCzer - What was the total cost of the home. Phone Post 3.0
~330k Phone Post 3.0

Possibly look into getting a Home equity line of credit for 10k on the house? Or possibly set up some kinda payment schedule to her. That's all I got. Phone Post 3.0

Will she let you pay over a few months? It'll take that long to sell anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Blackbeltpanda - Possibly look into getting a Home equity line of credit for 10k on the house? Or possibly set up some kinda payment schedule to her. That's all I got. Phone Post 3.0
I didn't even think about this. I have a rental property with a fair bit of equity. This might be the way to go. Thanks man. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_HossPearson -
RawnCzer - What was the total cost of the home. Phone Post 3.0
~330k Phone Post 3.0
So she "owns" 3% of the house? Lol. Phone Post 3.0

Blackbeltpanda - Possibly look into getting a Home equity line of credit for 10k on the house? Or possibly set up some kinda payment schedule to her. That's all I got. Phone Post 3.0
This. Pay her the the 10 grand. Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic - Will she let you pay over a few months? It'll take that long to sell anyway. Phone Post 3.0
Perhaps. This would be lower on my list of options as I would have to drag out the length of time I have to associate with her. Phone Post 3.0

I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to afford the mortgage and utilities without her.

Is getting a roommate an option?

As far as getting her out, I think there are some residency laws that would need to be addressed. Good luck, dude. Phone Post 3.0

Just kick her out. Sure she wants her money but she will have to take you to court to get it, that's expensive lawyers and it will cost both of you.

You both are better off settling this without the courts. Stress that Phone Post 3.0

Amos Moses - I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to afford the mortgage and utilities without her.

Is getting a roommate an option?

As far as getting her out, I think there are some residency laws that would need to be addressed. Good luck, dude. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man. Mortgage and utilities won't be a problem on my own. I guess I'm just being a bitch and don't want to see my savings take an immediate 10k kick to the dick. Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol - Just kick her out. Sure she wants her money but she will have to take you to court to get it, that's expensive lawyers and it will cost both of you.

You both are better off settling this without the courts. Stress that Phone Post 3.0
Yep. I really want to avoid that. Phone Post 3.0

She didn't give you half the downpayment. She paid rent in advance. Yall are even.

Pics please. Phone Post 3.0

Bang until you have the money to buy her out. Phone Post 3.0

TheFuckedKid Hoss Pearson Phone Post 3.0

You put 20k down in a 330k house? Phone Post 3.0

What state are you in? Phone Post 3.0

You should already have over 10k in equity, so you could refinance for less than 10k like said above.

But really just keep fucking her until you have the 10k. And try to put it in her ass a lot and she may just move out on her own.